Laminated Glass with PVB diffusion Layer. Recommendations please! 
Posted: 05 July 2013 05:22 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-07-04
Total Posts:  2

Hi,

I have a multitouch table project for which the glass pane has already been bought. It’s a 12mm thick laminate of two glass panes and a diffusion layer in the middle. The box is 1m by 2m big and 72cm high. I’ve already set up four PS3eye cameras with their default lenses and 5m of High Energy Infrared LED Strips inside the box. The cameras are slightly tilted and off-center. The problem is that I don’t get good blobs, especially on the far end of the glass (where the cameras are pointing). It seems the thick glass is not letting enough light through, even though the projection from the beamer is clear and bright enough. When I film the box from above I can see that I have perfect even illumination, but the hands are just not bright enough.

Here’s my question, the way I see it I have two options now:

- Mount the LEDs on the corner of the glass and attempt DSI illumination method.
- Get more light into the box (i.e. double the amount of LEDs)

Which one would you recommend? I cannot get a new glass because it is already bought, mounted, and I cannot change it anymore. wink

I will try and upload pictures later.

Cheers and thank you guys for this awesome community,

Ralf

Posted: 05 July 2013 10:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-07-04
Total Posts:  2

quick followup: Ive now fixed most of my problems by mounting a single camera besides the beamer instead of four cameras tilted on the floor. The tilting always made one side of te surface appear much darker than the rest. Its still a little too dark in the box, but I can fix that by mountig a couple more LEDs. At least the tracking is uniform now! Phew. wink