Image Processing in CCV
Posted: 14 August 2013 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-08
Total Posts:  25

Hi Guys..

Can somebody help me to understand what exactly image processing is being done by CCV to get the blob? Sometimes, without I set the filter adjustment (like threshold, highpass, amplifier, and etc in default) in CCV, I can see the blob on tracked images on CCV. But sometimes too, when I try it in a room that sun light can pass through from ventilation, event though in the source image I see the touch position on acrylic has higher intensity than others, but in tracked image not only blob from the finger appear.  It makes me really curious about the image processing that CCV did. Is it based on pixel that has higher intensity between each other or it based on range frequency of IR?

Image Attachments
CCV.png

Posted: 14 August 2013 11:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-19
Total Posts:  148

I believe it is about the contrast in the image.

Posted: 14 August 2013 10:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-08

So, you mean that the IR light used only to help increase the contrast on particular area (touch area) in image, don’t you?

Posted: 14 August 2013 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-19
Total Posts:  148

Infrared cameras are used so that the projected image is not seen by the camera. Use a regular webcam and you can see what happens.

Posted: 15 August 2013 04:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-08

ahaa… pinpon
You’re right…
you open my mind… hahahha....
thanks Heroic… smile

Posted: 29 September 2013 04:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-09-28
Total Posts:  3
Sora - 14 August 2013 10:20 AM

Hi Guys..

Can somebody help me to understand what exactly image processing is being done by CCV to get the blob? Sometimes, without I set the filter adjustment (like threshold, highpass, amplifier, and etc in default) in CCV, I can see the blob on tracked images on CCV. But sometimes too, when I try it in a room that sun light can pass through from ventilation, event though in the source image I see the touch position on acrylic has higher intensity than others, but in tracked image not only blob from the finger appear.  It makes me really curious about the image processing that CCV did. Is it based on pixel that has higher intensity between each other or it based on range frequency of IR?

Does it allows users to creat thumbnails by themselves?