Surface2Tuio data giving unexpected results…
Posted: 04 September 2013 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-08-26
Total Posts:  3

Hi,

I’m in the midst of developing an as3 Surface application on Windows 7; I have the sur2tuio implemented, my Microsoft byte tags are being detected and firing off functions, no problem there.

I have the tuio simulator set up on my pc, all touch and fiducial data is working properly, I’m also using my android phone with tuiodroid, as well as my ipad with tuio pad to simulate gestures, all is working well.

My problem is that once my air app is installed on the Microsoft Surface(48 in.+ wide surface table), the tuio touch points are dramatically off when compared to testing on my pc.

It’s definitely a screen proportional issue, I’ve been working with the as3 native window class to try and resolve the issue, but I’m a bit stumped as to what is actually happening on the surface, and why my touch xy coords are so dramatically off. I’m searching the inter webs for resolutions right now, but I’m not exactly sure what I should be searching for. No doubt this issue must have popped at some point, so if anyone has knowledge of this, perhaps you could help a bruthah out with some info(any ol’ info will do.:d )

Much appreciation in advance, and cheers to you all,
Chipleh