2 of 4
Build a rear projection multi-touch television. 
Posted: 21 April 2008 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Looks great Christopher.

Did you build the frame/box yourself or was anything prebuilt and bought? If you get a chance, I’d love to get information on parts list (what’s it made out of, did you make the speaker cloth protector, what you’re using to power/amplify the speakers, etc.) as well as some of the build process (ie. Did you route out the holes for speakers, etc).

Also, what is the black thing above the tweeters/speaker cloth and how does the grill stay on (I don’t see any holes for snapping it in)?

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 21 April 2008 09:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-04
Total Posts:  85

Hi, Thanks for the good comments its really nice to read.
Fairlane------- Yeah for now its 2 usb but i will change one for a firewire and put the other at the back side. I will put a 1/8 jack sound in, 1/8 jack sound out, video composite in, svideo in and all switches at the front. I had to make a special command for those cause i really want feed thru connector. I hate soldering… and soldering an usb2 port.... you rock! Im not able.
nuiman---- Thanx, its was my goal but it makes a big tv.
scape---- I use 1024 x 768 resolution but my beamer can go up to 1400 x 1050 i think.
Mj----- My girlfriend have been really impressed the first time I F*** her and now on theres nothing i could do to impress her.... lol its a joke im not serious… Its always fun to make jokes about my girlfriend… To be more serious my computer is a core2 quad, 4 gig ram and it makes a big difference with my athlon 3000+.
cerupcat----- A lot of good questions… I actually build it myself but i should not be honored for that, i have access to high ends tools so its easy for me to build things like that. I actually designed it using cabinet vision solid manufacturing than i cut it using a cnc router but you could make the speaker holes with a simple router. I could actually do it by hands but it would take a much longer time to get things right. I actually made the box in 8 hour of labor works with the finish and everything. smile It took me much longer to design it!!! :( The speaker thing is a fabric i bought in fabricville ( a fabric store lol), they sold it specially for speaker. I’ve asked for front side speaker fabric in another store and they told me this one got it. For the sound, i have disassembled a ghetto blaster so the ampli is matched with the speakers and simple to wire. I did not want to make high ends speakers as far as I dont want to balance them and I absolutely dont want a subwoofer who will vibe my system and make it unstable. I figured out it was the cheapest way to put some decent sound into it. The black things are usb ins I’ve talked upper. I must admit your have good eyes cause the grill pin are in the same command as my input connectors. lol The grill hold in place by gravity for now…
EDIT: Im sorry i missed a question: Its made out of structural Hdf 5/8 thick. These sheets are really rigid, dense and heavy.
Thanks a lot guys!
Chris

Signature 

My setup Description
My Website with video reviews of soft! UPDATED!
Sorry for my bad english, Im french!

Posted: 21 April 2008 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04
Total Posts:  676

Hey Christopher, regarding the USB ports, have you been able to get the USB function of the Media App Pro to auto detect images stored on a USB device? Or is this just a Myth? I would love to incorporate this ‘Auto Detecting’ into my own table if it works.

“My girlfriend have been really impressed the first time I F*** her and now on theres nothing i could do to impress her....”

LOL

Great comment!

Signature 

Get Sparked at sparkon.net
ORION Multi-Touch Display (blog)
My YouTube

Posted: 22 April 2008 06:29 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-04

Hi Fairlane,
actually have never tried this function of media pro air so I cant tell you if its really working. I think it must be working if Mr. Muller tells it, I dont think its a myth. Maybe theres specials things to do to make it works.
lol, when I read Mj’s comments it was the first thing that came to my head and it was funny so i decided to write it. It’s not serious, so please dont take it seriously. My theorie is that beeing serious for too long can lead to brain dommage. lol… I have a serious job so when Im out of it i like to have fun!

Thanks
Chris

Signature 

My setup Description

Posted: 22 April 2008 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
Total Posts:  124

No problems Christopher ... dun think over it soo much ..... we too enjoy it ..... keep up the gud work .... thnx

Posted: 22 April 2008 08:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

I am yet to find someone who can get the auto detect function to work, so if anyone can help then I’d be interested ???

I laughed out loud when I read that comment to Mj, and we all know it’s a joke, it’s cool… My girlfriend HATES my Multi-touch table, She says ...

“...Are you STILL playing with that thing!!@#%..” lol! I think she’s jealous!

Looking forward to more great posts Christopher!

Signature 

My YouTube

Posted: 22 April 2008 08:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-03
Total Posts:  241
Christopher - 22 April 2008 06:29 AM

Hi Fairlane,
actually have never tried this function of media pro air so I cant tell you if its really working. I think it must be working if Mr. Muller tells it, I dont think its a myth. Maybe theres specials things to do to make it works.
lol, when I read Mj’s comments it was the first thing that came to my head and it was funny so i decided to write it. It’s not serious, so please dont take it seriously. My theorie is that beeing serious for too long can lead to brain dommage. lol… I have a serious job so when Im out of it i like to have fun!

Thanks
Chris

Hi Christopher that MT screen looks awesome!

About MMA Pro AIR, its not a myth. I tested it with my sdcard reader and it works fine. If you want to use normal usb memory sticks, images needs to be in a folder called DCIM.
I’ll put a new version up soon on my website which should be compatible with the latest adobe air.

Signature 

My multitouch blog: http://www.multigesture.net
Howto: Compile touchlib on windows XP/Vista
Howto: Compile touchlib on Ubuntu Linux
Downloads: Touchlib SVN builds

Posted: 22 April 2008 09:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Hey Falcon4ever, I’m trying to get your app to work with .JPG files in the DCIM directory of a USB stick, and was wondering what else do I need to get this to work? At the moment the app boots up with my pics from my images and videos directory on my PC. When I plug in my USB stick Windows tries to Autoplay the drive and prompts me to open the directory or print the photos etc… Is the app supposed to be restarted or does it just auto detect? At this stage nothing i try seems to work.  :(

I wasn’t sure from your readme if the auto detect funtion actually exisited or not..

7. This PRO version doesnt needs lmPhotos.txt and lmVideos.txt, it is capable to detect images and video files itself.

Signature 

My YouTube

Posted: 22 April 2008 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-03
Fairlane - 22 April 2008 09:25 AM

Hey Falcon4ever, I’m trying to get your app to work with .JPG files in the DCIM directory of a USB stick, and was wondering what else do I need to get this to work? At the moment the app boots up with my pics from my images and videos directory on my PC. When I plug in my USB stick Windows tries to Autoplay the drive and prompts me to open the directory or print the photos etc… Is the app supposed to be restarted or does it just auto detect? At this stage nothing i try seems to work.  :(

I wasn’t sure from your readme if the auto detect funtion actually exisited or not..

7. This PRO version doesnt needs lmPhotos.txt and lmVideos.txt, it is capable to detect images and video files itself.

Hey Fairlane,

Well after inserting the usb stick it should load all images on to the canvas. I recommend disabling the autoplay popup.

Try the following:
1. Let’s say you’ve inserted your usb stick and it has drive letter H:\
2. Put all images in H:\DCIM\100CANON
3. Remove the stick
4. Start osc/flosc/mmapro
5. When MMA Pro is running insert the usb stick in again
6. All images should now be loaded onto the canvas. (This might take a while if you got larger images, with large i mean larger than 640x480).

Try it with a few images first.

Signature 

Posted: 22 April 2008 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-22
Total Posts:  556
Elite

Thats awesome!!!
Keep it up.

Signature 

http://www.justinriggio.com cool mad
http://www.niceminds.com My blog

Posted: 22 April 2008 05:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-04

Hi, thanks again for the great comment its always nice to read!
Thanks Mj and Fairlane, Actually my girlfriend dont like it too… She says its too big… lol ... I like big toys…
Falcon4ever--- Thanks for the compliment. I really appreciate the explanation of the image loader and I will try it soon. Well i really want to thanks you and everyone releasing great app cause I’m able to build a nice MT screen but I’m not able to make the soft to run it. So if you didn’t release soft i would never have made this screen. Thanks a lot!
justin----thanks for the compliment
Have a nice day! The sun is shinning here! No cloud!
Christopher

Signature 

My setup Description

Posted: 27 April 2008 05:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-04

Hi guys!
I had an entire spare week end! As my screen its practicaly done I look to something else to do. While surfing the nuigroup I found many people that actually had problem finding the soft. My company website is hosted on an 1200 gb/month transfer and only use 400 megs lol! So its not a proplem for me to host the file and provide direct download link for bin files. I made a website (a kind of download.com) on wich I will post every bin i could Find.

I know its a bit rought! Theres a lot of developement to do but:
Here it goes:
http://www.softmt.com/

I simply put files that was on touchlib svn for now but i’ll update it soon!
Thanx Chris

Signature 

My setup Description

Posted: 27 April 2008 06:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Fantastic Christopher! We all needed a single point for downloading these apps! You are a CHAMPION!!

Great Work!! grin

Signature 

My YouTube

Posted: 28 April 2008 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-28
Total Posts:  124

Ya Christopher .. thnx again smile

Posted: 28 April 2008 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-04

Thanx again guys.

Chris

Signature 

My setup Description

Posted: 01 May 2008 03:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-04-03
Fairlane - 22 April 2008 09:25 AM

Uploaded a howto:

New release should be up tonight.

Update at:
http://www.multigesture.net/2008/05/01/touchlib-speedfix-and-mma-pro-update/

Signature 

Posted: 01 May 2008 06:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-04

Really nice falcon!
Seems like Fairlane wont tell its a myth anymore… wink Its a joke !
Your soft are great! Keep your work!
Chris

Signature 

My setup Description

Posted: 01 May 2008 09:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Yey! It WORKS!!! Well done Falcon4ever! I’m very excited now! Thanks for the updated release grin

@Christopher, You’re absolutely right! hehe

Signature 

My YouTube

Posted: 20 May 2008 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-11-04

Hi guys!
Have been really busy this weekend! Have made a pdf with my plans and small advice. As I receive question about it regulary it’s seem like it will be apreciated.  smile

I have also made an instructable as it is the reason I start making my MT.

You can see it Here

Thanx a lot!
It’s my modest contribution!

Christopher

File Attachments
Christopher's screen plans.pdf  (File Size: 524KB - Downloads: 779)
 Signature 

My setup Description

Posted: 20 May 2008 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

We are extremely lucky to have community members like you Christopher… I really look forward to walking through the Instructable… and wanted to Thank you in advanced smile

Your screen both looks and performs great… and all your hard work will sure be noticed, I know it inspires me cool grin

Signature 

~

2 of 4