AS3/Flash Information and FAQ
Posted: 26 March 2008 08:33 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

If you have other questions not mentioned here, please post them below. If they are found relevant, they will get added to this list and answered. Your post will then be deleted from this thread.

Q. Where do I get the AS3/flash applications?

<div style="padding:15px; background-color:#EEEEEE; border:1px solid #C3C3C3; padding-top:0px">

A.      More information at: TUIO Flash Tutorial here
</div>

Q. What do I need in order to run the flash applications?

<div style="padding:15px; background-color:#EEEEEE; border:1px solid #C3C3C3; padding-top:0px">

A. Standalone Flashplayer 9 Debugger (Download) or any Flasplayer 9 install

More information at: TUIO Flash Tutorial here
</div>

Q. How do I get the flash applications to run with touch input?

A. In order to run the swf AS3 applications with touch input (touchlib, TUIO simulator, opentouch, etc.), you need to allow flashplayer’s global security permission to access the file.

There are two methods to do this:

<div style="padding:15px; background-color:#FFFFFF; border:1px solid #C3C3C3; padding-top:0px">
1) Go here to Flash Global Security Settings and click “Always Allow” and where it says Always trust files in these locations:, click Edit Locations. Navigate to the folder you have your swf files and add either each swf file individually or the whole directory.

2) You can also get to the global security settings page by opening the swf file you want access to, right-clicking > Settings. From settings, click on Privacy tab > Advanced. This will load up the webpage from method 1. Follow the same directions for adding locations as method 1.
</div></div>

Q. Why does the .exe AS3 applications work with touch input, but the .swf applications do not?

A. The exe (and other projector saved applications) do not require the same security permissions that the swf files do.
</div>

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 21 October 2008 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-07
Total Posts:  88

Hi, have couple questions and this seems to be the proper place to put them.

I have an app made in flash that i export like an .exe projector.
As usual, i start Server.bat and Vision.bat.

Now i want boot the application on windows boot. I can manage to configure the startup but how can i hide the
osc.exe window “Property Sheet Property” “Stream Format Configuration” ?
Is there any parameter in the osc or any configuration in config.xml so i can define the stream parameters and then not show that window?

In the same way, is it possible to hide the touchlistener window that appears after? is this window really necessary?

If you have any suggestion of doing this boot process more efficiently?

Posted: 03 November 2008 05:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-06
Total Posts:  110

@behem0t:
I make pretty heavy use of Winbatch, I’ve been using it for all kinds of things for years and it excels at window wrangling. you can control a window by windowname, proc id, application name, I recommend it… It is a pretty simple scripting language. Autohotkeys is useful in such ways too (and it’s free) but I have less experience with it (other than quick and dirty automation), I bet it’d do the trick just as well.

You might be able to create a shortcut with run minimized attribute set, and use that icon in your startup but I don’t know how the CMD window will react. i didn’t try it myself but it’s another idea.

Alpay

Signature 

blog.LitStudios.com
Adventures in Human Computer Interaction

Posted: 03 November 2008 06:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-07
Total Posts:  88

Thanks a lot alpay.

Meanwhile i’ve managed to develop a solution using something similar to Winbatch (i think), called autoIt (v3).
The only problem i’ve found is that you can’t run the “server"/java window with hide status, but if you run everything minimized that’s fine.

Posted: 03 November 2008 06:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-10-06
Total Posts:  110

@behem0t:
Aaah, yes, AutoIT, I just learned about that one… yeah, same category of utility. Those kinds of apps make it much easier to prep a system for public use or demonstration. you can even use those tools to “harden” a system to prohibit getting at the OS.

Signature 

blog.LitStudios.com
Adventures in Human Computer Interaction

Posted: 02 September 2013 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-08-19
Total Posts:  5

Hi

has anybody managed to get this working on CCV 1.5, I have got it working on 1.2 without any problems but would like the multi camera setup that 1.5 offers you

Thanks

appologies for posting this on the wrong post