Compile with FlashDevelop
Posted: 24 April 2008 01:25 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-20
Total Posts:  12

Hi all,

I’m trying to create app using FlashDevelop only. I am really stuck because the source codes and example from the SVN uses Flash. Is there a way I can create flash application using actionscript only? If so, is there any tutorial that I can follow? Thank you very much!

-Paul-

Posted: 24 April 2008 01:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Yes, in flash develop set the document class found on the svn to your default as “always compile.” If you have the same directory structure as the svn, using the document classes provided should be all you need. Only one or two of the flas may have code on the timeline. Everything else is done in AS3 using the external document class.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 24 April 2008 04:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-20
Total Posts:  12

thanks alot!

Posted: 25 April 2008 01:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-25
Total Posts:  119

This is slightly off topic, but is there any compelling reason to use flash develop if you already have flash/flex?

Posted: 25 April 2008 02:25 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Depends parker. I think it’s worth going through the flash develop tutorial we have here and compare them yourself. I’ve been using Flash Develop for a couple weeks after using Flex Builder 3 for a few months. I’m torn between the two still. One of the main benefits of Flash Develop is that it’s opensource and free. You’ll never have to think about registering or anything like that. It’s only missing one or two things that flex has, but makes up for it for having things Flex doesn’t have. It also compiles faster.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 29 April 2008 02:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

See: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/1689/

Signature 

~