No, it looks useless. 10
Total Votes: 251
You must be a logged-in member to vote
MTmini - How to Make a Cheap Multitouch Pad
Posted: 21 January 2010 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-21
Total Posts:  1

Hi everybody! I’m new to the world of MTmini, and I’ve got a few questions that are probably pretty basic, but I feel like I’m missing something.

Question 1: How big does the box need to be? Is there a certain height that works best?

Question 2: When I place my hand on the paper and plexiglass I’ve taped together, I don’t just see the tips of my fingers, I see the whole hand. What am I doing wrong, lighting-wise?

I’m using a Microsoft Lifecam VX3000 on Windows 7, if that helps. I’d like to get it to work on Snow Leopard, but the camera isn’t agreeing with my computer there.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give!

Posted: 06 February 2010 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-05
Total Posts:  3

Thanks for this!  What a great introduction to the technology.  Now time to start playing with real DI and FTIR!

Signature 

If the Internet teaches us anything, it is that great value comes from leaving core resources in a commons, where they’re free for people to build upon as they see fit.

-Larence Lessig, founder of the Creative Commons

Posted: 06 February 2010 11:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-02-05

Sparked,

As far as #2 goes, sounds like you have a directional light source, such as a lamp.  This causes your hand to cast a shadow on the paper.  I too noticed this effect when I was doing the project (it was night with just one lamp shining directly on the paper as a light source).  If you have light sources from multiple angles, or a very even but bright light source (like the sun shining off a white wall and making the whole room glow) this effect should be minimized because then your hand will not cause a large shadow, just your fingertips touching the paper.  Hope this helps, good luck with your project!  grin

Nathan

Sparked - 21 January 2010 08:16 PM

Hi everybody! I’m new to the world of MTmini, and I’ve got a few questions that are probably pretty basic, but I feel like I’m missing something.

Question 1: How big does the box need to be? Is there a certain height that works best?

Question 2: When I place my hand on the paper and plexiglass I’ve taped together, I don’t just see the tips of my fingers, I see the whole hand. What am I doing wrong, lighting-wise?

I’m using a Microsoft Lifecam VX3000 on Windows 7, if that helps. I’d like to get it to work on Snow Leopard, but the camera isn’t agreeing with my computer there.

Thanks for any advice you guys can give!

Signature 

If the Internet teaches us anything, it is that great value comes from leaving core resources in a commons, where they’re free for people to build upon as they see fit.

-Larence Lessig, founder of the Creative Commons

Posted: 13 February 2010 04:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-26
Total Posts:  2

I have tried on a mac but hasnt worked when it comes to use an additional cam by usb. It always go to the isight 1. Any idea on how to work that out?
Regards!

Posted: 13 February 2010 04:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Try to manually change the camera...open up the config.xml and change deviceID to 1 or 2 and see if that helps.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 13 March 2010 02:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-26
Total Posts:  2

Thanks Seth. I Have try as you suggested but didnt work.
I modified the Xml file in several ocasions but wasnt able to change the default camera (iSight) or to browse to the next device connected through usb drive.
If you have any other idea on how could I make the shift for the additional camera on a Mac I’d appreciate it. Thanks!

Posted: 13 May 2010 06:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-15
Total Posts:  4

My webcam has lights on it, whats a work aroudn for this?

Posted: 13 May 2010 11:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

Just tape over them :D

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 10 August 2010 11:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-09

bravo !!!!  no more words!!
I’ll try this later.

Signature 

GLARO
CEO Brian Kim
--------------------------------------------
VR/AR + ILS+ UX + 3D Simulation
Open Mind! Lead to Best Way
GLARO

--------------------------------------------
E-mail:
twitter:

Posted: 25 September 2010 02:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-24

Hi guys,
Before I start this project, I only have a mac at home and I was wondering what the chances of a good mouse driver in mac for the mtmini.
I have been reading on these forums for a while but I can’t seem to find anything to fit the bill.
I know there is no click on the surface, which makes it difficult to do anything with it unless you used a tap for click and drag for moving the cursor. I want to replicate the functionality of the magic trackpad on mac with the multitouch gestures but I don’t know if there is anything currently to do it, I have been searching a while but I cant seem to find it.
This is the best community I have been looking through, even better than XDADevs, and that is fantastic,
Thanks
Tom

Edit: I will try the tuio Mouse and tbeta, and see how that is although, if this is possible, it would be great, im sure heaps of people would go this over a magic trackpad, much cheaper, much more versatile!

Posted: 21 October 2010 11:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-21
Total Posts:  29

wat the .... why is advertising going on in informational thread?

Signature 

Innovation distinguishes between a leader and a follower.

My blog:http://ispaceexpress.blogspot.com/

Posted: 18 December 2010 11:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 192 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-12-17

Amazing! Bravo!

Posted: 13 April 2011 03:20 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 193 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-11

So as far everything is recognize by CCV.
But the point is that when i launch the Smoke_Demo.bat, nothing show up on the screen.

If someone has an idea?

Tks

Posted: 13 April 2011 11:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 194 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

Smoke is for touchlib users only. Are you using CCV or touchlib?

You can download a better smoke version that works with CCV here: http://sethsandler.com/software/super-cool-multitouch-actionscript-fluid-solver/

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 06 July 2011 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 195 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-04-25

Forbidden

You don’t have permission to access /ss/MTminipackagev1.zip on this server.

=(

13 of 14