Total Votes: 251
You must be a logged-in member to vote
MTmini - How to Make a Cheap Multitouch Pad
Posted: 03 May 2008 09:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Hey Nat did you run configapp.exe first and was your camera detected? Try deleting your config.xml and open configapp.exe. See if your camera is even detected and that the application launches. Then copy in just the filtergraph portion. If that doesn’t work, I’m gonna be releasing a package (hopefully tonight) that should make it easier to get things working. So you might want to hold on till then.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 03 May 2008 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-02-10
Total Posts:  55

Cool, looking forward to that.

I found why it crashed, had to add the scale value for the screen parameter.
The camera is detected, it just seems it doesn’t load all the modules : invert, hp and sc aren’t loaded.

Thanks,

Nat

Signature 

Nat (Flipo on IRC)

Posted: 04 May 2008 11:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-02-10
Total Posts:  55

Found the problem, for some reason had an old version of TouchLib works fine now !

Thanks !

Signature 

Nat (Flipo on IRC)

Posted: 04 May 2008 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-02
Total Posts:  7

I have uploaded a new video wich shows the other touchlib Flash applications working with the pad.
Again a big thanks cerupcat this pad is a great start for all the multitouch beginners like me.
Video

Posted: 05 May 2008 02:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Great job Exer… its looking smooth

Signature 

~

Posted: 06 May 2008 07:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-06
Total Posts:  1

hi i cant get it to work :( when i ran the files I just see boxes with blank gray.

and also my webcam’s light isn’t on when i run the app, it seems like it doesn’t detect my cam.

Posted: 06 May 2008 11:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-03-23
Total Posts:  33

Great idea!

Posted: 07 May 2008 02:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04
Total Posts:  676
ai3gtmc - 06 May 2008 07:04 AM

hi i cant get it to work :( when i ran the files I just see boxes with blank gray.

and also my webcam’s light isn’t on when i run the app, it seems like it doesn’t detect my cam.

This happened to me too a long time ago, check your config.xml file and try changing the capture device to dsvlcapture instead of the cvcapture driver. This also depends on which camera you are using, but it’s worth a shot…

Replace this code in your filtergraph....

<cvcapture label="capture1">
   <
source value="cam" />
</
cvcapture>

with this code....

<dsvlcapture label="dsvlcapture0" />

And you should see a configuration screen which will ask you for a camera size (e.g. 640x480) and when you select OK you should start to see a live view of your webcam/camera.

When you have configured your optimum settings, then you can automate that process in the config.xml file, but for now, try and see if this activates your camera.

Signature 

Get Sparked at sparkon.net
ORION Multi-Touch Display (blog)
My YouTube

Posted: 07 May 2008 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-07
Total Posts:  9

I NEED MAJORR HELP im trying to make this but idk whats wrong because im not getting the same screen as you guys when i use the touchlib program it just comes up ( look ?action=view&current=fasdfasdf.jpg ) and i press apply and then okay and it just shuts the program off ??!? what am i doing wrong and also is their a size limit to the box because mine is almost 3 ft tall and 17 in wide ? or should i use my other one that is 9 1/2 in tall and 7 in wide or just get a new box plz help.

Posted: 08 May 2008 03:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

Hey Thisdude101, I’m not sure I know what you mean about size limit to the box. The size of the box is only limited by the size/amount of projection/illumination/camera visibility. So if you can build a box bigger I’d say go for it! In regards to the touchlib problem, what camera are you using?

Signature 

My YouTube

Posted: 08 May 2008 06:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-07

umm im using a logitech quickcam pro that looks like this -> Photobucket

and also are the shadows on my fingers strong enough ---> Photobucket

* also i saw this tutorial http://www.multigesture.net/articles/touchlib-compiling-instructions/ (it seems like a lot to do) and idk if that is what im supposed to do ?

Image Attachments
Photobucket.jpg

Posted: 08 May 2008 09:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04

That tutorial is for ‘compiling’ Touchlib. In your case, if you just want to run the software you can use the pre-compiled package (touchlib beta v2.0) and run the configapp.exe file. I have tried a QuickCam Pro Notebook camera on my PC using the ‘dsvlcapture’ tool with success. Are you able to capture live data with your camera at the moment using QuickCapture with the logitech QuickCam software? Have you installed OpenCV?

As Cerupcat has stated above, he will be releasing a package with all the software required soon, so if you still have problems, I’d wait for that release.

Image Attachments
QuickCapture.JPG
 Signature 

My YouTube

Posted: 09 May 2008 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-07

yes i can capture live data with my camra just fine ... i guess ill try installing opencv or waiting for the next release

Thanks for your helpp

Posted: 09 May 2008 08:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

You don’t need to install openCV. That’s only if you want to compile it yourself which is unnecessary. If you’re not on linux or a software developer, there’s no need to compile yourself since we have working binaries (exes). I’ll be posting the new package tonight or early tomorrow.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 10 May 2008 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-10
Total Posts:  5

Thanks Cerupcat for simple multitouch project. After this and the wiimote project, I might get some help($$) to build a DI multitouch table from my dad.

Anyways, I have only one issue with the config.xml. For some odd reason, the simplehighpass filter doesn’t load, even when I do a simple copy and paste. Instead, it loads the highpass filter. Any idea as to why it does that?

If I get that to work, I might be able to get my blobs looking like yours, rather than small dots since I had a lot of tweaking with what I could use to just to get a response without interference.

3 of 14