8 of 10
WPF Multitouch Framework
Posted: 18 May 2009 01:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 106 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26
Total Posts:  144

magicstuff

(1) webBRowser control is not part of the MT framework yet, wait to arnoud show us how to make our custom control. for now and quick, you can use MTGrid, or MTCanvas, wrap around webBrowser control. 

(2) extend dependence property with webBrowser control have the same funitionality of the MT framework. Don’t know which one is easier

overload

I think after u download, there is word doc and explain how the framework work.

Posted: 18 May 2009 04:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 107 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-06
Total Posts:  213

there is some sort of a guide i’ve been looking at, that follows MultiTouchFramework. But cant seem to find any documentation on MTSlide.

Signature 

---- Interactive Multi Touch Systems ----
-------- The future of computing! --------
------- Black Hole Productions -------

Posted: 19 May 2009 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 108 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-22
Total Posts:  74
uncledj - 18 May 2009 01:46 PM

magicstuff

(1) webBRowser control is not part of the MT framework yet, wait to arnoud show us how to make our custom control. for now and quick, you can use MTGrid, or MTCanvas, wrap around webBrowser control. 

(2) extend dependence property with webBrowser control have the same funitionality of the MT framework. Don’t know which one is easier

Ok, thanks, but i’m really looking to have it so that you can ‘click’ on links and stuff in the webbrowser. Can i put the ‘WebBrowser control’ forward to be added to the MT framwork please?

Thanks again. smile

Signature 

JCKD Website Designers

Posted: 20 May 2009 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 109 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23
Total Posts:  114

hi,

I´ve wrote a very simple MTSlide-Picture application for testing purpose and have a litte problem.

Maybe one of you can help:

I´m adding pictures with two different ways to the window:
#1: using “ ObservableCollection<string> Photos “ and a “ItemsControl + Data Binding”
#2: manually adding all pictures to the Canvas.

Problems:
#1: anybody knows how to enable “multitouch” to this Collection / ItemsControl (or to these pictures)

#2: the last image is still “OnTop” and I didn´t find a way to fix his. ("multitouch" work fine)

and another problem:
anyone knows how to enable multitouch if I open a new window?
PaintWindow paintwindow = new PaintWindow();
paintwindow.Show();

thx to all

Image Attachments
MTSlidePictures.jpg
File Attachments
MTSlidePictures.zip  (File Size: 141KB - Downloads: 405)

Posted: 20 May 2009 08:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 110 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26

magicstuff
For me, I would use routing bubble evt, from any MTControls inside the wrapper. and then examine the WebBrowser sender

Viper
(1) you need to binding the touch manager with your control to have their MT funitionality
(2) This framework is for WPF environment, not for win32 app. get around this, inside youe wpf, call win32 api

BTW. I might be wrong, The best person is Arnold(original creator) can answer all that can or can’t and suggest better way than I do.

Posted: 21 May 2009 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 111 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-06

I have now managed to put togather a app using WPF MultiTouchFramework, pls dont ask me how I did it…
But I have some questions:

- How can i add the smooth drag and release effect?
I want the pictures to slide in the direction i push it. Like the one in MTSlideSample Viper made.

[EDIT#2]
- How do i make the app fully quit?
As i hit the button with the Close(); code, it do close the app, but not under Processes.

[/EDIT]

[EDIT#1]
- Where is ShowFingerPos hidden?
I have used this code, but now i can use it anymore. It says that MTManager.MTProcessing does not contain a definition for ‘ShowFingerPos’ and no extension method accepting a first argument of type ‘MTManager.MTProcessing’ coult be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

[/EDIT]

#1 - I found the solution to the ‘ShowFingerPos’ problem. I was using an older DLL file, where that process was not included :p
#2 - The upgrade also fixed the quit app problem.

Signature 

Posted: 24 May 2009 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 112 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-06
overload - 18 May 2009 04:44 PM

there is some sort of a guide i’ve been looking at, that follows MultiTouchFramework. But cant seem to find any documentation on MTSlide.

@uncledj: I found the documentation you was refering too. Just didnt know it was there. I’m still trying to figure out things bout this framework, tho its alot easyer to use then any of the other fw’s i’ve looked at.

Will there be some kind of update or something to this framework? I have a small issue with the tracker part. Its tracking different then MTVista. MTFramework shows the point more donw to the right of my finger.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2009 10:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 113 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26
overload - 24 May 2009 03:25 PM

Will there be some kind of update or something to this framework? I have a small issue with the tracker part. Its tracking different then MTVista. MTFramework shows the point more donw to the right of my finger.

Arnold(original creator) is best position to tell you that, maybe he is already busy to work his next phase of this FW for us.  To make us suprise

As now, for me to do now, I seperate my MT UI control to custom controls, and my control events or business logic into others class, in case any FW update like as you siad, I can make min change of my code and build unit test easily.  In fact, I am exploring the gesture recognation in this framework, I feel it is big potental of my need. I hope Arnold give us more tools or example in this area

Posted: 29 May 2009 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 114 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-06

well, I did fint out one thing just now, I re-calibrated my table, and it looks better now. Tho not the same as MTVista. But I still think this FW is by far easyer to work with.

Signature 

Posted: 29 May 2009 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 115 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26

well. the rest of the FW is also good, I like Daniel D FW, it will be more useful in win 7 SDK. for begining learning curve like myself, coming from Silverlight, is easy to start, I will later move to Daniel D FW, the good thing of his FW, is window service, can do hell a lot just wpf and SL.

Posted: 29 May 2009 12:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 116 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-06

I don’t know more then the controls I see, as i’m still no developer nor a programmer. But as you, I’m just a beginner at multitouch frameworks. Or even C# :p

Signature 

Posted: 10 June 2009 04:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 117 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-10
Total Posts:  7
Jurbo - 20 May 2008 03:33 AM

In simulation mode it is now possible to see where the fingers are touching the surface (black ellipse).
Use the left en right mouse button to simulate input.

Hi,
I downloaded WPF Multitouch framework and its running.
While touching black dot is coming.
I don’t want the black dot how to remove that.
While watching video, black dot is not coming.
I don’t have touchlib server.

Posted: 10 June 2009 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 118 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23
Total Posts:  114

_processing.ShowFingerPos = false;

Posted: 10 June 2009 10:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 119 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-10
Viper - 10 June 2009 06:17 AM

_processing.ShowFingerPos = false;

Hi,
ShowfingerPos is not available.
I have the old framework (V1.0 Beta).
Can you send me the latest WPF Multitouch framework.

Posted: 10 June 2009 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 120 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-10
Jurbo - 20 May 2008 03:33 AM

In simulation mode it is now possible to see where the fingers are touching the surface (black ellipse).
Use the left en right mouse button to simulate input.

Hi,
I am using WPF Multitouch framework in my application.
In the document, we need a server (Touchlib server) to work properly.
I gone to the site “http://www.whitenoiseaudio.com/touchlib/” only binary files are available.
What is the steps to start server.

8 of 10