4 of 10
WPF Multitouch Framework
Posted: 09 October 2008 03:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-21
Total Posts:  5

It doesn’t look like ppl are replying but anyway, I would also like to know if its poss to make an app with a huge ‘canvas’ that extends out the sides of the screen and then while I’m running the app I can drag the whole app to the side exposing other parts of the app. I’ve looked in the readme but that says the MTCanvas is not dragable, will it work if I make a huge MTImage and drag add everything on top of it???

Please reply, n00b in need of help smile

Edit: I tried make an instance of MTImage that was 3200x2400 but it wouldn’t let me, I’m thinking cuz its too big. Is it poss to make the max size bigger???

Edit2: Never mind bout the image size, stupid n00b mistake…

Posted: 09 October 2008 04:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-05
Total Posts:  92

Microsoft Surface SDK is out (almost).

http://channel9.msdn.com/pdc2008/PC17/

g.

Posted: 11 October 2008 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-10
Total Posts:  181

DJ Dutchman:

I havent spent time with the framework yet (nice work though! will do soon), but in WPF itself, what you describe is actually trivial… You place a “root” Grid element, and whatever Canvas you want inside (or even another Grid / custom container) ... you size this as big as you want, and then use Grid.Margin with NEGATIVE values to move this element/container around, beyond the root Grid boundaries.

Since most MT setups made here are fixed size/resolution, this is even easier to implement (and track down the Scale, Rotate and Translate RenderTransforms) since you don’t have to re-compute element placement/size on Root resize.

In case it is not explained in this framework (again I havent looked in detail):

to make your app fullscreen in WPF, set window style to None, AllowTransparency to True, and Background to Transparent (all on Window element). Then set a Background to a color of your choice, on the root Grid element. Make sure to implement some kind of App.Current.Shutdown() method call on some event (Key.Escape on KeyDown, or your choice) so ... you can close the app smile ... oh and set WindowState to Maximized

All of this *should* work on this framework, since all MT elements seem to have been cleanly derived from the base equivalent classes.

Voila smile

I hope this helps! Have fun with WPF

Posted: 26 October 2008 08:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-10

OK I started playing with your framework, very cool

Quick question (I hope you will read this post smile ):

On the NewFinger event handler, how can I get the X and Y position of the finger touch?

I have an MTCanvas. I want to instantiate various custom controls when (multi) touched (under the fingers)

Thank you!

Posted: 22 November 2008 09:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-01
Total Posts:  243

Hello.

I’ve been looking into the move to WPF, and so I’ve been trying a couple of MT Frameworks, yours and MT Vista.  I’ve been going through your documentation and have run into a problem:

Warning 1 The tag ‘MTCanvas’ does not exist in XML namespace ‘clr- namespace:MTControls;assembly=MTControls’. Line 6 Position 6.  C:\Users\Administrator-PC\Documents\VS Projects\MTFramework_Test\MTFramework_Test\Window1.xaml 6 6 MTFramework_Test

I’ve checked everyting twice, and copied/pasted code from your document to no avail.  My Xaml:

<Window x:Class="FirstMultitouchApplication1.Window1"

xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation"

xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml"

xmlns:my="clr-namespace:MTControls;assembly=MTControls"

Title="Window1" Height="600" Width="600">
    <
my:MTCanvas Name="MTCanvas"></my:MTCanvas>
</
Window>

my cs:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Windows;
using System.Windows.Controls;
using System.Windows.Data;
using System.Windows.Documents;
using System.Windows.Input;
using System.Windows.Media;
using System.Windows.Media.Imaging;
using System.Windows.Navigation;
using System.Windows.Shapes;
using MTManager;

namespace 
MTFramework_Test
{

/// <summary>
    /// Interaction logic for Window1.xaml
    /// </summary>

public partial class Window1 Window
    {
        MTProcessing processing
;
        public 
Window1()

{
            InitializeComponent
();

processing = new MTProcessing(MTCanvas);

}
    }
}

Any help would be great, I guess I’m missing an import or something?

A.

Edit:

I seem to have fixed the above, but now on build I get two errors:

Error 1 The name ‘InitializeComponent’ does not exist in the current context
Error 2 The name ‘MTCanvas’ does not exist in the current context

Signature 

fingerpuk.tumblr.com

Posted: 22 November 2008 08:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-04
Total Posts:  26

@ mr_empty:

I haven’t seen in my compiler but this fast, I think You should change the name of the canvas: just don’t use the same name of the class.

The other think I occure is to change the parent class, but I’m not sure of that. For that see the example class.

Posted: 23 November 2008 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-01

Hello, thanks for that.  I fixed it a small while after posting, this whole WPF thing is slowly starting to make a but of sense.  Now my goal is to look at how MT Vista does it’s 2D Physics and try to implement that in this Framework, unless I can get MT Vista talking to tBeta which right now is proving too advanced for me. smile

Signature 

fingerpuk.tumblr.com

Posted: 23 November 2008 04:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-14
Total Posts:  819
Elite

@mr_empty: Look here for description of how to switch MT Vista to tBeta: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/3615/

Signature 

HID Multitouch driver for Windows 7 http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com/

Posted: 23 November 2008 04:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-01

Hello.

@Daniel D, thanks I just noticed that and I’ll give it a whirl in a bit.  I love your 2D Physics, and the speed.  Is there a way to hook up your framework to tBeta etc without running a separate .exe?  One reason to go to WPF was to get rid of FLOSC and other third apps.

But thanks for the support, more than most things great support will keep people using your code. smile

Signature 

fingerpuk.tumblr.com

Posted: 23 November 2008 07:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-07-14
Total Posts:  819
Elite

What separate .exe do you mean? Do you mean “Multitouch.Configuration.WPF.exe”? You don’t have to run it all the time. It is only to reconfigure. After you switched input provider you can close it.
If you don’t like to run your application + tBeta, then I can’t do there much. There is no public API for tBeta other then TUIO. There is no even source code (is it still open source? :D)
Until tBeta changes something you will have to start tBeta explicitly.

Signature 

HID Multitouch driver for Windows 7 http://multitouchvista.codeplex.com/

Posted: 23 November 2008 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-01

Hello.

Hmm, ok, maybe it’s my system but I can’t get anything I build with MY Vista to run with TouchLib or tBeta.  But, before I go any further I think I need to clean up my Vista install as I’ve been trying so much stuff lately it’s most likely confusion in my OS.

I’m stoked though, WPF is proving to be a lot of fun and a hell of a challenge to learn, which I think is how it should be.  Getting my iPhone to connect to my first WPF app last night and moving things around was so rewarding.

Edit:  Is there a way to connect to TUIO without running the MultiTouch Console?  I’ll post in the other thread from now on also, otherwise this will get confusing.

Signature 

fingerpuk.tumblr.com

Posted: 23 November 2008 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-10

do you guys knwo if Jurbo is still reading this thread?

I have a ton of questions about this framework…

. I want to get the touch point coordinates from my methods, instantiate shapes/elements at these locations (like the black circles when you turn on the show fingers property… but MY events/functionalities)

. Is there an example of a gesture (stretch/pinch for example) controlling other properties (perhaps by binding Delta of a stretch gesture to a property on the element other than scale? ... such as moving a camera in a Viewport3D, etc...)

I hope Jurbo reads this!! This is a great framework

Posted: 25 November 2008 06:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-30
Total Posts:  31

Hi Everyone,

I’ve been introducing myself to this Framework and I trying to create my own control. The control will just include other MTControls, in the same way that MTKeyboard is made up of MTbuttons and an MTCanvas (or so it says in the documentation). I have made a control made up of an MTCanvas and an MTButton but I cannot get it to respond to touches.

Does anyone know how I can do this?

Thanks!

Posted: 13 December 2008 11:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-10

Jurbo, please come back to talk to us!

Great framework! We need some help smile
thank you

Posted: 14 December 2008 01:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-14
Total Posts:  17

I just downloaded it… the first look… IT’S GREAT!!! WOW!

4 of 10