6 of 10
WPF Multitouch Framework
Posted: 17 January 2009 03:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 76 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-15
Total Posts:  66

Good! I can run this in my pc, but I have one question:

why the finger didnot bind the point touched first ?

I mean, when your finger touch a point on the picture, like a house, and then your finger move.....
maybe one finger , so it’s moving, maybe two finger, so it’s scaling and rotating....
however the picture changed, the house should always ‘bind’ your finger, until your finger left.

I think it’s a important effect on MT.

is there any other framework including that ? which I can download too, Thank you

Posted: 19 January 2009 10:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 77 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-30
Total Posts:  31

If I understand you correctly Summer it should do that from my experience. When you touch an image the touch point is associated with that image until it is removed. For example, say you are touching an image of a house - if you are moving it around but your finger moves off the house (say you are moving your finger too quickly for the image to keep up) the house will continue moving as the touch point is associated with that image until it i removed.

Does anyone know if there is a way to find out (probably from the MTProcessing) when an image is being resized or moved? The standard ‘resize’ events do not fire and without access to the source code of MTProcessing I cannot correct this. I would like to have an event raised when an image is resized so I can perform some functions as a result - surely this must be possible?????

Posted: 19 January 2009 10:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 78 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-15
Total Posts:  66

Yes, your understanding is correct, I’m focus on software now, need more example to study....smile

Posted: 20 January 2009 11:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 79 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-30
Total Posts:  31

OK good. I have found a solution to my problem - I needed to extend the event handlers and do some hit testing of my own to determine which object was being touched.

This would be a lot easier if we could have access to the source code of the MTManager DLL - you could just add a RaiseEvent to the standard sizeChanged event when an image is resized.

Another problem now - how does the scale function work? I am working on a MT application for a project at university and would like to restrict an image from being over a certain size, however when the image is scaled it doesn’t change the height/width properties of the image so I can’t find out how big the image now is!

Does anyone know how to find out the new size of an image, and then be able to change that size????????

Posted: 18 February 2009 07:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 80 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-18
Total Posts:  1

Hi, this framework is geat and saved me a lot time.
Now I have a question:
How can I get the X and Y position of a finger in the “processing_FingerNew(… obj)” and “processing_FingerRemoved(… obj)” EventHandles?
The “obj” shows me only the ID of the current finger (obj.Id), instead of (obj.Finger.position.X) for the position :-(

Sorry for my bad english!

Posted: 18 February 2009 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 81 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23
Total Posts:  114

year that´s the question!
a lot of people want to know this, btw. are waiting for a/some solution(s)

Posted: 27 February 2009 07:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 82 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-26
Total Posts:  30

does anyone know how will i get the event from an MTkeyboard…
example i put a textbox and a separate MTkeyboard.. i just want the input in the MTkeyboard to be appearing in the textbox..

then if i hit enter how will i get also the event of that..

i read the guide it was something MTKeyboardbuttonpressed but i dont know how to code it..

thanks

Posted: 26 March 2009 08:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 83 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-08
Total Posts:  16

Hi,

I have put a new version of the framework online. A lot has changed. Much simpler (I hope), with not so many controls, touchmanagers and projects (also a bit less functionality). The source code is now available on codeplex and I have attached a sample. It is based on earlier work posted here on this forum and has been adjusted for a prototype that I have built these last couple of months (more about that later). I still needs a good clean up, documentation and a good sample application but I don’t really have the time right now. Besides TUIO there is also Win7 support (although not really tested). Some old controls (like MTCombobox, MTMediaElement, etc.) are still included. I haven’t tested them, so no guarantees there.

The codeplex url is: http://mtslide.codeplex.com/

You have to include a reference to the logging dll (included in the lib folder) and in the sample reference to mtslide.

Have fun,
Arnoud

File Attachments
MTSlideSample.rar  (File Size: 450KB - Downloads: 561)

Posted: 27 March 2009 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 84 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23
Total Posts:  114

thx for the update

but I didn´t find this mtslide.dll (it´s not in the MTSlideSample.rar and also not in the source-code zip archiv)
and isn´t any Multitouch.Framework.WPF.dll needed any more?

Posted: 27 March 2009 07:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 85 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-08

aha I see, the name of the project is MTSlide, the actual assembly name is WpfMultitouch. You can find the WpfMultitouch.dll in the sample. Let me know if this works for you.

Please note that if you want to test two fingers you can use the right mouse button to hold and release a second finger

Posted: 06 April 2009 09:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 86 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-04
Total Posts:  2

yes, It works very well,this is a wonderful project,thanks arnoud very much

Posted: 12 April 2009 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 87 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-08

thnx… if someone is using this project and need some more info or samples let me know

Posted: 17 April 2009 12:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 88 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-17
Total Posts:  4

hey, what there talking about are all touchlib ? 
if someone has advice on windows7 about multi-touch… ?

plus, what the environment your app ran on ?  XP? Vista ? Windows7;

Posted: 17 April 2009 10:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 89 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26
Total Posts:  144

Hi, Arnold

processing.GestureRecognized, does it recognized tap tap twice from finger touch be a click event? or always have to be circle or line symbol? and how this gestureRecognized be utilize?

THanks in advance

Posted: 18 April 2009 05:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 90 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-13
Total Posts:  10

Hi, just wanna ask: any ideas on releasing the source code?

Signature 

Where did all the NUI go?

6 of 10