7 of 10
WPF Multitouch Framework
Posted: 19 April 2009 04:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-08
Total Posts:  16
ThomasThep - 18 April 2009 05:17 AM

Hi, just wanna ask: any ideas on releasing the source code?

The source code is available on codeplex: http://mtslide.codeplex.com

Posted: 19 April 2009 05:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-08
uncledj - 17 April 2009 10:27 PM

processing.GestureRecognized, does it recognized tap tap twice from finger touch be a click event? or always have to be circle or line symbol? and how this gestureRecognized be utilize?

No, these gestures are single touch flat gestures (circle, symbol, etc.). You can also use the .DoubleClick (twice fast) and the .TwinClick (two fingers at the same time) from a touchmanager attached to an object.

Arnoud

Posted: 20 April 2009 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-17
Total Posts:  4
arnoud - 19 April 2009 05:02 PM

uncledj - 17 April 2009 10:27 PM

processing.GestureRecognized, does it recognized tap tap twice from finger touch be a click event? or always have to be circle or line symbol? and how this gestureRecognized be utilize?

No, these gestures are single touch flat gestures (circle, symbol, etc.). You can also use the .DoubleClick (twice fast) and the .TwinClick (two fingers at the same time) from a touchmanager attached to an object.

Arnoud

how to use touchmanager to bind event to 2 finger, kindly remind pls,thx.

Posted: 23 April 2009 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26
Total Posts:  144

Hi, Arnoud

(1) I got 2 difference assemblies here, one is wpfmultitouch.dll, the other are (MTManager, MTFrameworkevent..etc), Itouchmanager inside MTManager doesn’t have .doubleclick and TwinClick methods, only wpfmultitouch have it. But wpfMultitouch have other errors, like the virtual keyboard shows twice of the characters instead of one, I am not sure because I used the stimulator to test, problem will go away if I used real touch pad; second no gestureRecognation method.

(2) when the console display: lighting, score 46, what is that mean? How we differenticiate between circle and trangle gesture?

(3)Is anyway, if two objects sit on each others and focus, I know who is on the top? 

Thanks in advance

Posted: 23 April 2009 04:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-08

Hi,

Let me give you a quick reply before my holiday starts (two weeks Crete, probably no internet connection). The assemblies MTManager, MTFrameworkevent, etc. are part of the old framework created by two students (one of them was Jurbo). After working with that library I made some changes. One of them was combining most of the projects into one larger project. This is the wpfmultitouch.dll you mentioned. The source code for that one is available on codeplex. The virtual keyboard (2 chars) problem will probably not occur in a live setting, but a mouse simulator fix would be useful as well (after my holidays).  There are actually two ways of recognizing gestures in the latest release of the framework. One is the same as in the old one, the other is simular and provides gesture previews. I asked the student that worked on that to create some documentation on how to use them.

(2) lighting is a gesture that has been recognized with a certainty of 46%

(3) i’m not sure if I get your question. but the framework (latest version) uses the WPF way of ordering what is on top (based on element stacking and z-index).

Hope this helps… I have to start packing. grin

Arnoud

Posted: 23 April 2009 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26

Thanks, enjoy your holiday.  grin

Posted: 06 May 2009 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26

Hi, Arnoud

I just wonder in your framework documentation, it described the best to work with touchlib, because I am going to build my MT DI table with Ps3eyes and Tbeta(now called Community core). if I change my connectionIP and connection Port in the framwork, would it work with community core, or sth more than just connection string that I missed and better stay with touchlib?

Thanks in advance

Posted: 13 May 2009 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-01-08

@uncledj: i’m working with TBeta myself…

For some more background information I posted two introduction articles on our weblog: http://weblog.tno.nl/nui/

Or directly go to:

http://weblog.tno.nl/nui/2009/04/22/multi-touch-framework-mtslide/
http://weblog.tno.nl/nui/2009/05/13/mtslide-overview-for-developers/

Posted: 14 May 2009 04:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-06
Total Posts:  213

Hello Arnoud.

First off, I’m totaly green on programming in C#. I have managed to make a test app in Visual Studio C# 2008 Express Edition by following the guide here: http://code.google.com/p/multitouchframework/ It was not a big problem to do this.

The thing is, I’m in search of a WPF MT Framework thats easy to use for a new one like me. MultiTouchFramework is easy to use.

I wanted to test out MTSlide, but could not find any .sln files to work with. So, my question is, is it possible to get some bins or dlls or a small guide on how to get started using MTSlide?
The sample works fine on my table. Tho it needs to be finetuned.

Greating
Tommy

[EDIT]

I just noticed that MultiTouchFramework is the same as MTSlide. Or is it?
This is really some great work, and its possible for a newling like me to make something. Tho using a guide. But still.
Its a jungle of frameworks out there, and its easy to get lost. Trying and things aint working and stuff like that. This MTF is really clean and nice to use.

Signature 

---- Interactive Multi Touch Systems ----
-------- The future of computing! --------
------- Black Hole Productions -------

Posted: 15 May 2009 12:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-26

THanks for the illustration of the MTWindow structure

(1) I always thought all these Tuio evt, mouse evts, win 7 (I don’t know) are part of the wpf rounting evt, as the picture shows, seems not, there are 3 difference clr threads and outside of wpf framework, but I haven’t seem you call another thread when I called double click evt? I can’t explain to myself?

(2)objects Focus, once the object setFocus == true, the figure.remove will not set back to false, Is it developer responsible set it back to false?

(3)the original MTSilde sample doesn’t called processing.GestureRecognized evt, so I think this evt will raise after the figure.remove. so I added RaiseGestureEvt() after figure.remove evt raise. But I am struggle this syntax err for last few days, maybe U can shorten my learning curve, point me what do I miss. I just want to check what gesture comeback and make it later.

void RaiseGestureEvt()
{
nl.tno.ict.multitouch.wpfmultitouch.events.RecognisedGestureEventArgs newEvt = new nl.tno.ict.multitouch.wpfmultitouch.events.RecognisedGestureEventArgs(null);
RaiseEvent(newEvt);
}

(4) when do we use the .TwinClick evt? ie, (a) two figures on two difference objects or (b) one object two figures on the top or both (a)+(b)?

(5) Does the MTframework support Page.Navigation? I tried few difference approach to do Nagviate and NavigationService for pages routing, but keep getting nullreference unhandle err.

(6) Customize Virtual Keyboard keys into another language layout. eg. Chinese keyboard?

(7)If you think it is good idea, to show us sample how to make the custom control or inherit WPF control with TouchManger to make our custom MT control.

(8)What do you think this wpf M-V-VM design pattern, as now I can see now going to be very messy UI when the app become complicate?

Thanks millions

PS. keep us update your work with Tbeta

Posted: 16 May 2009 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-22
Total Posts:  74

um, hi!

First off, i think that this WPF framework is great! Keep up the good work.

Second, i have some problems. Whenever i add a scatterview, it is fine. Then when i debug the project, it makes a “‘minValue’ cannot be greater than maxValue. Parameter name: minValue” error.

Last, some questions. How do you MT enable the other controls? I know the code, but i don’t know where it goes. :(

Thanks,

Magic.

Signature 

JCKD Website Designers

Posted: 17 May 2009 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-22

Oh hang on, i now know where to put the code, but how to enable MultiTouch on a WebBrowser????

Signature 

JCKD Website Designers

Posted: 17 May 2009 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23
Total Posts:  114

this is a framework to include mutli-touch into a c#/wpf application. If you want to “multi-touch” your windows7 or applications like ie8, paint, ect. with your ccv/tbeta touch-input provider you need at least the HID driver for Windows 7 ( http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/4603/ ). (or a laptop/pc with nativ multitouch)

Posted: 18 May 2009 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-01-22

no, i want to enable multitouch on a webbrowser control. It tells you how to do it in the manual, but it doesn’t work for me :(

Signature 

JCKD Website Designers

Posted: 18 May 2009 11:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-01-06
Total Posts:  213

I have now learned what to do with these files. But i have a question again. Is there any dokumentation for MultiTouchFramework or that addition files like MTSlide?

Signature 

---- Interactive Multi Touch Systems ----
-------- The future of computing! --------
------- Black Hole Productions -------

7 of 10