7 of 9
TUIO tcp proxy
Posted: 31 October 2008 07:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 91 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15
Total Posts:  224

Thanks for the fast reply, i will have a look now and let you know how it goes.

Posted: 31 October 2008 07:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 92 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Ok, ive done some reading and from what ive read this is massively over complicated to compile on windows.

Can you do me a favour and make the following modifications for me then compile your end?

When a connection is established between flash and toxy, flash will send this packet…

<policy-file-request/>

as a string, and I need toxy to reply with this packet…

<?xml version="1.0"?><cross-domain-policy><allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*" /></cross-domain-policy>

If you can add this, then we will be able to host our flash applications online and anyone with a table, will be able to go to the website, and start using the app instantly.

Any help will be greatly appreciated :D

Posted: 31 October 2008 08:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 93 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Total Posts:  107

I’ll do that .. but I have really lot of work lately so It will pass few days before I can take some time to make that.

Posted: 31 October 2008 08:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 94 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Thanks mate, no rush. I can keep developing my apps locally for the moment. I will keep an eye on this thread smile

Posted: 06 November 2008 03:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 95 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Here is a quick implementation, as toxy doesn’t have the code for negotiating with flash client I just added rule witch sends xml policy on first connection.
Hopely this works as expected. Attached toxy_dump.exe and win_toxy.exe in rar.

[edit]
File attachment removed as not needed.

Posted: 06 November 2008 04:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 96 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Thanks, im gonna test it now smile

Posted: 06 November 2008 05:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 97 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Ok, its not quite working, I have uploaded a test app here…

http://www.pleh.co.uk/experiments/ftbeta/ftbeta.swf

We are still getting the security sandbox error, It may be because you are sending the policy file too soon. Can you try sending it only after the first packet is received from flash? or maybe just set a delay of a second or 2 before you send the policy file to flash.

I have more debugging equipment at home so I can try to get more detailed info later tonight.

Thanks again for taking the time to make these changes smile

Posted: 06 November 2008 06:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 98 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Just done a bit more research into why this isnt working, and it looks like the flash security system has changed since I last did this. I will do some more testing tonight to see what needs to be changed

Posted: 06 November 2008 08:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 99 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Success! I have it working, I was right Adobe have recently changed everything. What they now have is a separate socket that sends the cross domain policy file.

Long story short, you can remove the code you just added, and instead we need a separate socket that listens on port 843 that simply sends this text when a client connects and sends a request.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<cross-domain-policy xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://www.adobe.com/xml/schemas/PolicyFileSocket.xsd">
  <
site-control permitted-cross-domain-policies="all"/>
  <
allow-access-from domain="*" to-ports="*" secure="false"/>
</
cross-domain-policy>

I can write this as a quick .net app that runs along side your application, but I think it would be easier for users if they could just run toxy and it takes care of everything. Plus then it works on linux too smile

I will leave it up to you and release a simple .net tomorow anyway for anyone who wants to try this now.

*EDIT* It might be worth using to-ports="3000" instead of * where 3000 is the port in the toxy config.

Posted: 06 November 2008 10:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 100 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-02

Well, as I don’t see too much interest in toxy from the community, I don’t think I’m going to implement that.
If that changes, I’ll take some free time and add policy socket.

Posted: 06 November 2008 10:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 101 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-03-15

Ok cool, Thanks for your help so far smile

Posted: 25 November 2008 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 102 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-12
Total Posts:  10

Great work Jet-plane.

I´m very interested in this projects since my mutitouch table often is used by 5-6 people at the time. Already with 10-12 fingers it starts to get slow and works really bad. Often I have around 30 fingers at the table at the time. :-(

I managed to make your apps run and connect via flash, but it only connects, no data recieved. I can see data/blobs is being sent but flash sees nothing. I´ve used both you standard fla files plus the TUIO code with no luck. The flash part should be ok, already tested with other type of binary data.

Any ideas?

Posted: 25 November 2008 02:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 103 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Rickdangerous: precomipled versions of applications won’t work with this. The application has to be recompiled with the code posted.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 25 November 2008 02:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 104 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-12
Total Posts:  10

I need to recomile the c code? The compiled exe files seems to work fine, exept flash doesn´t pick up the data, only connects. I can see the output in toxy_dump.exe.

I´m not really a c expert so bare with me grin.

Thanks

Posted: 25 November 2008 02:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 105 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

No, you need to recompile the flash code application, not any c code.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

7 of 9

‹‹ MIDI      OSC LIST OF MESSAGES ? ››