I’ve rebuilt my table. I grew tired of fighting IR daylight in my work room, so I decided to enclose the lower part.
I used some laminated pine planks and a bit of plywood, two slide bolts, 2 hinges and some flat black paint.
It even has adjustable feet that have padding on them for hardwood floors.
NOTE: see this thread about black paint on acrylic.: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/2252/ ...wow, was that a close call!
So here’s some pics of the new table with front access to the innards and the slot for the beamer.
The beamer slot:
I like the fact that there’s room for my feet now when I stand in front of it. This is afterall, a development table. So the beamer poking out the back is not a problem.
I’ll have to try it out tomorrow in the daytme. Still have to try out some IR filtering window film on the top. I found some at the hardware store last week. Just need to go back and get it while I have the funds.
BTW, all totaled, so far I’ve spent about $500 on this project. Not bad.