Screen calibration - active area
Posted: 22 April 2007 10:50 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-13
Total Posts:  2

Hi, hope someone can help me out here, I have been really fascinated by this project, the great information in this forum and now finally trying to build my first table.

I used configapp to calibrate my screen, when I ran my application I notice that the “active area” is only up to the boundary defined by the outer crosses used in the calibration process. When I touch nearer to the edge of the window (beyond the area coverd by the crossess) the blob is not detected or it will defaul to 0,0 position.

Am I missing out on something in my setup? Is this issue with calibration or could it be my projector is throwing out interfering IR? Is the active area limited to within the area defined by the green crosses?

Hope to post some images soon, I was totally totally knock off my socks when I saw those demos using Google Earth and multitouch! Thanks to everyone here for posting their experience.

Posted: 22 April 2007 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-02-19
Total Posts:  55

dont trust whatever squares pop up during calibration. Just make sure that there arent any outside blobs or lights coming through in one of the other video windows.

If the +’s don’t border you’re screen size, edit Config.xml ... At the top you should see a line saying “screen scale=0.95” or something like that. Edit that to make it “=1.0”

Posted: 23 April 2007 08:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-13
Total Posts:  2

Thanks for the tip, it fill the screen now.

Still have some problem detecting blobs at the edge, which tends to be very faint. I suspect my choice of lens @ 3.6mm may be the problem. The wide angle brings the camera closer to the screen but the distorted image reduces the size of the blob as you move further away from the center.

Something to watch out for when choosing a lens.