Multitouch-Coffeetable with RDI process and Ambilight frame
Posted: 11 October 2013 06:46 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-10-09
Total Posts:  2

Hello community of NUI Group

I am new to this forum and this is my first post.
Emergence is a multi-touch coffee table works with the RDI process consisting of:

• Computers : i7 with 8GB RAM & Blu - ray drive
• Frame made of wood : the length of a space inside : 82cm Width: 46cm and a maximum height of 55cm
• Camera: 2x PS3 Camera , needed since the height of table only ever half of the multi-touch surface can be covered .
• IR filter : at the moment from a floppy disk (to be replaced by another filter from the camera store )
• Surface : consists of a continuous glass plate from a Phillips TV (see photo) 37 inch screen . In the surface of an Ambilight is integrated , that is to be controlled signal of the projector via the S-Video and later the lighted frame .
• diffuser / projection foil : for the proof of concept paper should be replaced.
• Beamer : We have had the opportunity to try a short throw projector
but the absolutely could not produce the desired screen size , projector in the second test was a data projector with a ratio of 2.2:1 , so he has a lot to large distance required.
• Mirror : To first tests bathroom mirror is to be replaced
• IR LEDs : IR illuminators for CCTV cameras

After the first test, a few questions have arisen :
1. Which diffuser is at is best suited for the RDI mode?
Unfortunately, there have been no link found a suitable film .
2. When searching the internet we have encountered again and again to the problem of projector distance from the projector selection.
So usually a small image would be generated.
Since we have little experience with projectors so far , the question is it even possible to create a small distance in the 37 -inch screen ?
The projector should be in a price range up to 450 €

Ever thank you in advance and if I missed a link or reference in the forum I ask your indulgence .

Cheers, Dinkel5110

PS if the post is in the wrong location please I move it.

Image Attachments
Foto 11.10.13 13 42 43.jpgFoto surface area .jpg

Posted: 14 October 2013 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Sounds like you need a short throw projector. Get a projector that can throw the largest image and then measure it to figure out how to build your enclosure. You will likely need to mount the projector using a mirror if you want a very shallow depth to the enclosure.

Why not use the LCD matrix from the TV and use a different method than RDI (which doesn’t work with LCD screens)? We prefer DSI but LED-LP or LLP also work great. Then you wouldn’t need to buy a projector.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc