Rear DI-table with angle. 
Posted: 07 December 2013 10:23 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-29
Total Posts:  4

Hello,

I want to build a Rear DI table, and I wanted to know if I can put the glass in angle(for easier usage)? I wanted to know if it can cause to any trouble in blobs detection, or with the picture projected?I attached a picture for illustration.

Thank you.

Image Attachments
Untitled.png

Posted: 07 December 2013 02:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2012-10-19
Total Posts:  148

I guess it depends on what exactly you mean to do. You can just angle your entire set up and there will be no problem. If you angle the projection surface and not the projector, you’ll end up with picture problems unless the angle isn’t that large and your projector has keystoning. As far as blobs go it shouldn’t be much of a problem as long as you distribute the light as evenly as possible.

Posted: 08 December 2013 03:55 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-11-29
Total Posts:  4

I am plan to use a mirror(will be in angle), is this OK?

Posted: 04 January 2014 12:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2010-01-15
Total Posts:  419

The biggest thing to watch out for is in your beamer and rear-projection material selection.  I tried some thin film stuff a while back in a build using a mirrored projection only to discover that the view angle was terrible.  Using rear-projection acrylic has always worked awesome for me, no matter what angle I hit it at.  That being said, LCD vs. DLP can have some angled viewing draw backs—do your homework and test projector and materials as much as possible in advanced.

Good luck!

Signature 

Personal MT Blog
Mesa Mundi Inc. and Online Store