projection vs LCD Optic vs frame overlay
Posted: 07 July 2014 10:12 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2014-07-07
Total Posts:  2

Hey gang,
I am new to this thing and am currently specking up to build a touchable for a nature reserve discovery center for school children.

I have a few questions, ( i have browsed the forum, sorry if i missed an existing post, if so redirect my ass )

What are some of the advantages n disadvantages in relation to; Projection vs LCD

Optic sensing vs frame overlay (Like the PQ Labs G4S Frames)

Many Thanks,

Posted: 14 July 2014 07:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2011-06-10
Total Posts:  157
Meatball - 07 July 2014 10:12 PM

Hey gang,
I am new to this thing and am currently specking up to build a touchable for a nature reserve discovery center for school children.

I have a few questions, ( i have browsed the forum, sorry if i missed an existing post, if so redirect my ass )

What are some of the advantages n disadvantages in relation to; Projection vs LCD

Optic sensing vs frame overlay (Like the PQ Labs G4S Frames)

Many Thanks,

In relation to the projection vs LCD, the advantages of LCD is that you can build a thinner/smaller “box"/setup since you don’t need the space for the projector to get the size intended.
Regarding the optic sensing vs frame overlay, with optic sensing you can get fiducials/object recognition/finger recognition, depending on the method you choose.
Finally, the frame overlay gives you a good finger tracking and it is the easiest of the three options to setup. However, you won’t be able to recognize fiducials or objects