Kinect for Windows v2 will be enough for making bigger touch screen? 
Posted: 07 May 2015 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2015-05-07
Total Posts:  1

Hello,
I would like to create an interactive installation with Kinect v2 for Windows . I have a question concerning about accuracy of Kinect . The project will be touch screen on plexiglass ( see picture).

For Ex: People will be inside dark room with plexiglass ( size of about 200cm to 200cm ) with rear projection . They will see some buttons on plexiglass (it will be projection) and when they click on button sound system will generate sound files .

My question is if Kinect v2 will be enough for this to build a touch Plexiglas touchable screen or will be insufficient and I should think to add additional sensors ?

I think I will try to code that in Processing but maybe you can give me better advices?

Image Attachments
Rzut z góry ustawienia elementów.jpg

Posted: 11 May 2015 02:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-11-22
Total Posts:  529
Elite

if you want to use backprojection you can use LLP too but for that big screen you ,must use 2 or 4 cameras,i have tested kinect V1 for Xbox 3 years ago well ,it wasn’t accurate for my 50” size screen and i had installed kinect on top with a little angle but maybe i was wrong because i didn’t spent much time to test it more
by the way check this guys too maybe it can help you http://www.xiroku.com/overview_e.html

Signature 

my 19” LCD setup ----> turned into new look
my 60” FTIR setup (old video)