switching from FTIR to LLP
Posted: 08 May 2015 03:34 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-08
Total Posts:  69

I’ve had enough of the compliant layer for my touchscreen. its added maintenance and it eats into the image. I’m going to get some lasers and use the LLP approach. Just some ques.

1. does it work the same way with CCV? when I touch the screen my finger will be illuminated?
2. will 4 * 850 nm 10mw lasers be ok for a screen 1076 * 673?
3. can i move the projection surface to the rear of the perspex and not affect the blobs, so the layers would be

pro/projector\
pr/projectorrrr\
p/projectorrrrrr\

___________ rosco grey
___________ perspex
____________ frickin lasers

I’d love to do that, then whenever used a camera flash from the projector side, the rosco is more likely to eat the flash and not reflect it creating a touch as the bare perspex does now.

also with ccv, is there a version with multiple camera support for mac yet?

Posted: 01 June 2015 02:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

1) yes, to work the same way in CCV. Yes to finger being illuminated.
2) What units are 1076 and 673? mm?
3) Yes you can move the projection screen behind the sheet of perspex.
4) I don’t think so everything here has been pretty much abandoned, including CCV. I highly doubt anyone is even working on it.

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube

Posted: 05 June 2015 09:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-08
Taha - 01 June 2015 02:08 PM

1) yes, to work the same way in CCV. Yes to finger being illuminated.
2) What units are 1076 and 673? mm?
3) Yes you can move the projection screen behind the sheet of perspex.
4) I don’t think so everything here has been pretty much abandoned, including CCV. I highly doubt anyone is even working on it.

why has everything been abandoned? is it all just not very popular anymore?

Posted: 08 June 2015 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

The majority of people on this forum were university students working on their theses, i included. This place just started off as a place where we could gather and discuss and throw back and fourth ideas and make interesting things for our selves, our projects, and the community in large. I cant speak for everyone but in my case as a moved on, on to doing other stuff this place just went to the backburner.

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube

Posted: 08 June 2015 02:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-10-08

ah right, makes sense, thats what got me into it. now ive been programming professionally for several years ive gone back to my dj software.

i had totally forgot how buggy ccv 1.4 was on mac. I hope to get the source code into an xcode project and work on it’s error handling. when the build I use crashes, it just shows there being camera.