big multitouch desk - hd camera? 
Posted: 01 February 2016 06:08 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2016-01-31
Total Posts:  4

Hey guys,

I am building a multitouch desk for my master thesis.

It’s build the rear di way, but no box - you can actually sitz on that table. There is a mirror in 45 degree under the table so that you have enough space for legs etc.

The table is about 1400mm x 800mm which is about 55 inch x 31 inch. That is a very big table and I am wondering which camera would be best. I like the idea of a hd cam with 90hz framerate. Has anyone of you build such a table and is not using the ps3 eye.

You can see a picture of the setup here: http://www.hci.uni-wuerzburg.de/topics/20160112-multo-desk/index.html (at the bottom).

Thanks for your help!

Posted: 07 March 2016 03:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2014-02-09
Total Posts:  16

what are you planning to do with this table? Maybe 2 cheap ps cameras can do the job of multitouch tracking

Posted: 08 March 2016 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2016-01-31
Total Posts:  4

Thanks for your answer.

I want to use it as a desk. We like to do research which tasks are more comfortable and faster with multi touch interactions on the desk compared to mouse and keyboard. The tasks we like to test should be tasks in usual office environments. Like sorting emails or documents or printing them or backup them, take notes while on phone and others…

I thought of two cameras, that might be the next step. But it would be much nicer if we have a camera with high resolution and fps which sees the whole desk. Do you have any experience with using ccv and two cameras. Is that working out of the box - plug and play or is there some stuff to do?