OpenCV on OS X
Posted: 28 April 2007 09:38 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2007-04-28
Total Posts:  78

I’m a newbie when it comes to the *NIX command line, compiling code, etc., and I’m having trouble getting OpenCV working on Mac OS X. I’ve installed all of the required external libraries as stated on OpenCV’s wiki for OS X. It configures successfully, but when I run make install it ends with an error. I went to the OpenCV Yahoo! Group and I found someone describing the same error that I was getting. He said that it was because the install-exec-hook was invoking ldconfig. He also said that there was no need to run ldconfig in OS X. I have tried emailing him for help but the email bounced.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Posted: 02 May 2007 09:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-04-28

Great news!

I got OpenCV working! It turns out it was due to my ignorance all along, and a little few tidbits not included in the OpenCV OS X wiki. I will try to make a walkthrough for Mammoth sometime soon.

Posted: 03 May 2007 02:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-02-04
Total Posts:  19

That would be nice Kyle, a compiling walkthrough.  This way i can start using two computers, one to do the tracking (on osx) and one to do the flash apps and develop some more (windows) yep..I got the best of both worlds grin

Posted: 03 May 2007 12:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-04-28

I’ll probably start working on it tomorrow. I really got lucky when I compiled it; I have absolutely no programming or command line experience. So if the instructions are pretty vague, I apologize in advance.

Posted: 18 May 2007 12:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-27
Total Posts:  75
Kyle - 02 May 2007 09:09 PM

Great news!

I got OpenCV working! It turns out it was due to my ignorance all along, and a little few tidbits not included in the OpenCV OS X wiki. I will try to make a walkthrough for Mammoth sometime soon.

Heh, it’s not just for me. Put this in the Wiki for all to see.

Signature 

Worlds youngest in the multitouch field of research. See my blog.

Posted: 18 May 2007 06:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-04-28

Hey, that’s a great idea Mammoth. If you read my guide you can tell it was pretty rushed and I had no idea what I was doing; I’ll have to work on it a little bit, but I’ll put what I have in the wiki.

Posted: 19 May 2007 12:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-27
Total Posts:  75

Perhaps if I compile it too I can take screenshots for it. (I’m on my PC now, ready to test Touchlib)

Signature 

Worlds youngest in the multitouch field of research. See my blog.

Posted: 19 May 2007 05:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-08
Total Posts:  1008

yeah would be much appreciated

Posted: 19 May 2007 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-04-28

Yeah, I guess I should have taken screenshots of the compiling process, but I didn’t know that what I was doing was the correct way to compile it. The Terminal output is pretty long, so if you do take screenshots you may want to save a log file and upload it onto the wiki page I made as well. That way if anyone has trouble compiling they can compare logs to see what’s going wrong.