1 of 5
MT Mouse Driver—MultiMouse
Posted: 16 July 2008 03:18 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-02
Total Posts:  24

Hi everyone,

I’ve been promising to release this software for a very long time, but I’ve been slacking off, so here it is:

http://www.risenparadigm.com/multimouse

FEATURE LIST AND USAGE:
One Finger:

-Left-click: tap finger. 
-Move cursor: hold and move the finger.

Two Fingers:

-Left-click: place first finger as cursor and tap second finger to the left of it. 
-Right-click: place first finger as cursor and tap second finger to the right of it. 
-Drag-and-drop: place first finger as cursor, press and hold second finger to the left of it, move around, and release second finger to drop.

Three Fingers:

-Scrolling: move up to scroll up and down to scroll down. 
-Alt-tabbing: move left to ‘alt-tab’ left, and right to ‘alt-tab’ right.

I would really appreciate some suggestions/feedback. I have only tried it on a few setups so it’s bound to have some hiccups.

I’ll post the source code soon for those who are interested. I’m leaving for Japan in two days and things are a bit hectic right now, but I will get to it as soon as possible.

Thanks,
risenparadigm

Posted: 16 July 2008 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-14
Total Posts:  5

This is really cool!  Sadly, I only have a simple laser touch pad to try it on atm.  There were a few problems I had at first trying to start it, it was saying it couldnt find a few dlls, so I just copied them from the MTMini package I have.  Once I got it up it seemed to work pretty nicely, at least as nicely as anything has worked with my inferior setup.  I liked the gestures for clickingm etc., it was simple enough to pick up and natural enough to remember and get used to easily.  Having the option for the trackpad was excellent for me.

Posted: 16 July 2008 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-02

I’m glad you like it.

Can you tell me which libraries were missing? I tried to put all of them into the package. I guess I missed some.

Thanks for trying it out!

Posted: 16 July 2008 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-22
Total Posts:  525
Elite

From the specs this looks awesome!  I run GNU/Linux, so I can’t try it out:( I might write a GNU/Linux version so we don’t have to be left out of the funsmile Is there is a video of this in action?

Alex

Signature 

I am more then willing to to test your Multi-Touch programs on Linux, PM me if you have something.  If you’re looking for something faster then AS3 and Easier then C, try Python!

My Blog

Posted: 16 July 2008 11:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-14
Total Posts:  5

I think the config app complained about cv100.dll, then the driver was cxcore100.dll, and highgui100.dll.  I think it was only those, but there might’ve been something else.

Also a note in case someone has the same problem, I had to download the VS 2008 Redistributable.  My newly cleaned laptop only had the 2005 one.

Posted: 18 July 2008 02:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-31
Total Posts:  54

this sounds brilliant, like what I was waiting for. now to dig up the MTmini and test it.

Good Work!

Signature 

broken FTIR = behold the power of little brothers. Replacement LLP in the works, scribbles

Posted: 18 July 2008 08:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-29
Total Posts:  56

why http://www.risenparadigm.com/multimouse Can’t open

Signature 

New Technology -_- New Life
http://www.chinamultitouch.com From China中国北京

Posted: 18 July 2008 08:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Hey guys, although the configapp is included, you should use the config.xml file from your normal touchlib folder. If anything, you might be able to put the multimouse exes into your touchlib folder (depending on the version you have).

@enjoylife: the download linke is here: http://www.risenparadigm.com/MultiMouseV0.2.zip

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 26 July 2008 10:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-23
Total Posts:  23

Is there also a possibility to have this for mulitouch only. I mean is it possible to have this only with left-mouseclick and then in multimode.
So when I have a flash project with a couple of buttons, so that I can press a few buttons at the same time.

Posted: 26 July 2008 11:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24
Total Posts:  9

I cant seem to figure out how to use it :(

Everytime I run the configapp some of the windows that are supposed to show up dont, so the rectify4 looks like it is inversed.

Posted: 26 July 2008 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

do NOT use the the configapp inside the zip. Use your normal one. Place you config.xml from your normal touchlib folder into this one...or, put the multimouse exes and touchlib.dll from this zip into your touchlib folder.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 27 July 2008 01:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

Thank you very much. The only problem I have now is that I can’t seem to left click (i will tap away but only after like 20 tries will it click, even it i try using my middle finger as cursor and tapping my index finger), but that is easily solvable by enabling MouseKeys (Alt+Shift+NumLock) and pressing 5 on the number pad. Heck, I even set it up to where I just press the Num Lock button to turn it on or off.

Posted: 30 July 2008 03:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-02

Hi III Icon III,

I’m not sure what problem you’re experiencing. It shouldn’t matter what finger you use as the cursor. The first finger down is registered as the cursor finger. I also don’t understand the usage of the number pad. That would defeat the purpose of using an MT mouse. =)

Can you tell me more about your setup? Maybe I could try to help debug the problem.

Posted: 31 July 2008 12:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

I am just using the number pad as a mouse click, I still use the MTmini as a mouse. When I try to tap it, it won’t click. This is probably the MTmini’s fault, as if you notice it isn’t like the touch is detected right when you physically tap the MTmini, it recognizes it like an inch above it because of it’s shadow.

Posted: 31 July 2008 10:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-02

I believe the MTmini should work fine with the software. One thing that might be a problem is that there is a threshold for the distance a finger can be from the cursor in order for it to be labeled a click. This was done to avoid spurious clicks from appearing. However, the threshold is something like 300 pixels of your screen resolution. For most situations, that should be more than enough, but if your camera is really close to the surface, it may turn out that the location you are clicking is further than that threshold.

Could you send me a screenshot of your camera image when you are trying to click? I can send you another version that disables the threshold. I’m fairly certain that it should work for you then.

Posted: 01 August 2008 12:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

I know that the software for it is fine, I am just saying it is one of those things that cant really be stopped because of the way the the MTmini works. Here’s a pic of my camera image, but don’t worry about making me a version that should work for me. I admire the effort but you don’t need to go through the trouble.

Normal Hand Pic:
Picture1.jpg

1 Finger Click Pic:
Picture2.jpg

Finger 1 Inch Above MTmini:
Picture3.jpg

1 of 5