4 of 5
MT Mouse Driver—MultiMouse
Posted: 30 September 2008 05:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 46 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29
Total Posts:  8

That’s what I’ve been doing.  I cd into the src directory, replace the mousedriver.cpp with risenparadigm’s, then I:

g++ mousedriver.cpp

and it’s returning errors.

So… I think I have to use Microsoft Visual C++ on this then yes?

Posted: 30 September 2008 05:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 47 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Are you compiling with Visual Studio? The easiest would be to just open the solution for the mousedriver.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 30 September 2008 05:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 48 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

Yeah… I just figured that out, when i looked around and saw the VCPROJ files.  That wasn’t my first choice for a c++ compiler (gcc was) so I guess I’ll just do that.

Posted: 30 September 2008 06:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 49 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

When I open the project in Visual C++ and compile, it “does” compile, making an exe.  However, upon running the exe, it crashes.
Here are the output from my Visual C++ IDE:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: mousedriver, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Deleting intermediate and output files for project ‘mousedriver’, configuration ‘Debug|Win32’
1>Compiling…
1>cl : Command line warning D9035 : option ‘Wp64’ has been deprecated and will be removed in a future release
1>mousedriver.cpp
1>c:\touchlib\src\mousedriver.cpp(131) : warning C4244: ‘=’ : conversion from ‘float’ to ‘LONG’, possible loss of data
1>c:\touchlib\src\mousedriver.cpp(132) : warning C4244: ‘=’ : conversion from ‘float’ to ‘LONG’, possible loss of data
1>c:\touchlib\src\mousedriver.cpp(239) : warning C4018: ‘<’ : signed/unsigned mismatch
1>c:\touchlib\src\mousedriver.cpp(264) : warning C4244: ‘argument’ : conversion from ‘double’ to ‘DWORD’, possible loss of data
1>c:\touchlib\src\mousedriver.cpp(270) : warning C4244: ‘argument’ : conversion from ‘double’ to ‘DWORD’, possible loss of data
1>c:\touchlib\src\mousedriver.cpp(286) : warning C4018: ‘<’ : signed/unsigned mismatch
1>c:\touchlib\src\mousedriver.cpp(293) : warning C4018: ‘<’ : signed/unsigned mismatch
1>Compiling manifest to resources…
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
1>Linking…
1>LINK : C:\touchlib\build\VC8\\..\..\bin\mousedriverd.exe not found or not built by the last incremental link; performing full link
1>Embedding manifest…
1>Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.1.6723.1
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.
1>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:
1>$(OPENCV_HOME)
1>Build log was saved at “file://C:\touchlib\src\Debug\BuildLog.htm”
1>mousedriver - 0 error(s), 8 warning(s)
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

It also displays a message box when the EXE is run, I took a screenshot and included it as an attachment.  I installed OpenCV, so I don’t know what the problem is.

Image Attachments
error.PNG

Posted: 30 September 2008 11:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 50 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

OK, I’ve downloaded about half a gigabyte of those run times and prerequisites and stuff, installed them to the best of my knowledge, and it still gives me the error.  I’m not familiar at all with the Microsoft version of c++ or their IDE or the prerequisite system you have, so if one of you could compile the project associated with “MultiMouseV0.2_trackpad.exe” such that it runs silently with no visible display, no CMD window, and no “mywindow” or anything (silent run), it might make up for the eight hours I’ve already wasted trying to get it to work correctly; I thought it would be an easy 5-minute fix of simply installing the runtimes, editing the source, and compiling, but no, it is not.  That and it would save me the frustration of randomly downloading and installing files, hitting the build button 50 bajillion times, and seeing the same error again and again.  I don’t really care if it happens right away, but please at least consider it.

Posted: 01 October 2008 04:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 51 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-02
Total Posts:  24

Sorry for your trouble. You have encountered one of the reasons why so many people have shifted over to Codeblocks. I personally started working on Xcode myself. I still have the VS environment though. Most people using this software already have the touchlib environment up and running, so it’s generally not an issue. I won’t get a chance to compile you a version until sometime next week. Maybe someone else might be willing to lend a hand if you wanted it sooner.

Posted: 01 October 2008 04:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 52 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

Not a problem.  Time isn’t an issue (i.e. not an immediate concern).  But I appreciate your help if you can give it.

Posted: 07 October 2008 08:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 53 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-02
Total Posts:  24

Hello mitchms,

As promised, here is the silent version you requested. Just replace the old exe with this one.

I believe it will still bring up camera settings. That has to be disabled through the touchlib config, but my windows are no longer visible.

Cheers!

File Attachments
MultiMouseV0.2_trackpad_silent.zip  (File Size: 11KB - Downloads: 1022)

Posted: 08 October 2008 12:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 54 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

You sir, are the best.  Many thanks for your help, and have a nice day!

Posted: 10 November 2008 08:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 55 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26
Total Posts:  59

mtmouse so cool!!

Posted: 07 January 2009 07:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 56 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-04
Total Posts:  20

Thank’s a lot. I was able to play Age of Empires II on a multitouchscreen for my first time grin

...but, is it possible to get it working with tbeta?
Parsing TUIO is easy with the TUIO-Parsers from reactable.
(maybe you have to take this into account)

EDIT: I just found the source code in this thread, if I have time, I’ll try to code it self wink

Signature 

/* no comment */

Posted: 07 January 2009 07:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 57 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

illis: we have tbeta mousedriver here: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/3447/

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 07 January 2009 07:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 58 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-04
Total Posts:  20

oh, thanks grin
(I should browse more often through this forum -.-)

Signature 

/* no comment */

Posted: 11 March 2009 08:57 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 59 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-04
Total Posts:  14

This is a good driver and I got it to work fairly easily. Unfortunately, it’s for windows and although I do conveniently have both Windows and Ubuntu on my computer I think it would really benefit the Linux community if this was ported. The 3 finger gestures are very useful but I want a driver that moves the mouse with your hand just above the MT surface (distinguishing the blob brightness) in order to use MPX. Peter who made MPX said that he’s attempted MT on it before but, it hasn’t gotten developed partially because of lack of time and also that the server doesn’t recognise the difference between a user using a 2 finger gesture versus 2 users working closely. You would realise that if two people where near something and both were dragging the mouse it could be distinguished by the server as a resize event. Because this mouse driver, which I cannot try with MPX anyway because they work on different OS’s, uses click and drag to move the mouse, the server would make such a confusion which could be avoided in the future release. If you decide to release the code maybe I can try porting and working on MPX support. Might be kinda cool but MPX still needs alot of work but is the closest to thing to Multi-touch OS support we have so far and I think its a good idea to look further into it.

Posted: 20 March 2009 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 60 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-03-20
Total Posts:  1

Hi

I’m so happy to find this place, but I have a little problem, I downloaded the libraries to windows vista but I can’t find that let me invert the images.
someone can help me??
thanks.

4 of 5