1 of 2
Pyliblo on Mac
Posted: 27 July 2008 10:31 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-20
Total Posts:  25

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has gotten pyliblo to install on a mac. I have all of the dependencies that I know of. Is it just not possible?

Posted: 13 August 2008 03:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Total Posts:  107

It should be possible, in my opinion there must be a way to make it work on mac osx since it has already all the gnu gcc stuff etc.
You will had to experiment with the code, or even try to find the mac precompiled library somewhere on the net,
also you can always try to e-mail the developer of pyliblo and ask him directly (contact info is at the pyliblo homepage http://das.nasophon.de/pyliblo/ )

Posted: 15 August 2008 10:20 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-06
Total Posts:  58

I was curious if there was ever any traction on this...running into the same problem smile.

Posted: 18 August 2008 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-06
Total Posts:  58

After working with the author of pyliblo, we were able to come up with the following way to get Pyliblo to successfully compile on my Mac. Turns out the compiler was looking in the wrong place for the liblo header files...so, your mileage may vary, as this may have been a problem specific to my system, but if you’re getting an error about “lo/lo.h” not being found, even though you know you have liblo installed, try this!

C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib python setup.py install

(Just enter that into the terminal, all on one line, in the root directory of where you downloaded pyliblo).

Hope this helps someone else!

Posted: 26 August 2008 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-17
Total Posts:  92

I’m getting a lot of errors, but always ending in “error: comand ‘gcc’ failed with exit status 1”

I’m using my leopard ppc, I’ll try again at work because I have more options there.

Signature 

Nuigroup wiki

Posted: 26 August 2008 06:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-03-02
Total Posts:  107

That doesn’t help much as when something goes wrong the ending is always the same. So it would be good if you could paste last 10-15 lines of output.
I’m guessing that you don’t have liblo and liblo dev headers installed, but that’s just a guess smile

Posted: 26 August 2008 09:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-22
Total Posts:  525
Elite

When I get errors like that on Debian or Ubuntu its because I don’t have the package python-dev installed.

Signature 

I am more then willing to to test your Multi-Touch programs on Linux, PM me if you have something.  If you’re looking for something faster then AS3 and Easier then C, try Python!

My Blog

Posted: 26 August 2008 10:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-17

Here’s the last few lines:

src/liblo.c:4530errordereferencing pointer to incomplete type
src
/liblo.cIn function ‘__pyx_tp_clear_5liblo_Bundle’:
src/liblo.c:4537errordereferencing pointer to incomplete type
src
/liblo.c:4537errordereferencing pointer to incomplete type
src
src
src
/liblo.c:4538errordereferencing pointer to incomplete type
src
/liblo.cAt top level:
src/liblo.c:4618errorinvalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘struct __pyx_obj_5liblo_Bundle’ 
src
/liblo.c:4919errorinvalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘struct __pyx_obj_5liblo_ServerThread’ 
src
/liblo.c:5065errorinvalid application of ‘sizeof’ to incomplete type ‘struct __pyx_obj_5liblo__Blob’ 
src
/liblo.c:5475errorconflicting types for ‘__Pyx_WriteUnraisable’
src
/liblo.c:1220errorprevious declaration of ‘__Pyx_WriteUnraisable’ was here
src
/liblo.c:5475errorconflicting types for ‘__Pyx_WriteUnraisable’
src
/liblo.c:1220errorprevious declaration of ‘__Pyx_WriteUnraisable’ was here
lipo
can't figure out the architecture type of: /var/folders/wo/wo0VL8qK2RWDt++BYw-WiU+++TI/-Tmp-//ccKCed7r.out
error: command '
gcc' failed with exit status 1

I installed liblo with mac ports, but I haven’t done anything with liblo dev. I’m trying to find it right now but having some troubles. Just in case, how do I check if liblo, liblo dev, and python-dev are installed?

Signature 

Nuigroup wiki

Posted: 26 August 2008 10:38 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-20

The first time I tried to install pyliblo, I had liblo installed via macports. I think what made it work was when I installed the latest version (.25 instead of the macports version, .24). Just make sure you uninstall (sudo port uninstall liblo) or deactivate it (sudo port deactvate liblo).

Posted: 26 August 2008 11:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-17

I think what made it work was when I installed the latest version (.25 instead of the macports version, .24).

Ok, I uninstalled .24, but I’m having trouble installing .25.

How exactly did you install it?

I downloaded it from the sourceforge svn.

The instructions say ./configure - but there’s no configure file. I tried renaming configure.ac, but that didn’t work. Obviously I’m missing a step. Any hints?

Signature 

Nuigroup wiki

Posted: 26 August 2008 11:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-20

I just downloaded it and it worked fine for me. Are you sure that you cd into the liblo directory. Also, the configuration file is called, “configure”. If it actually isn’t there, try re-downloading it.

Posted: 26 August 2008 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-20

Step by step instructions would be…

1) Download and unzip liblo .25
2) CD into the directory liblo directory
3) type ./configure
4) type make (may have to be sudo)
5) type make install (will have to be sudo)

Posted: 26 August 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-22
Elite

There is a configure file on mine.  Re-Download it, you probably missed half of it or something.

Signature 

I am more then willing to to test your Multi-Touch programs on Linux, PM me if you have something.  If you’re looking for something faster then AS3 and Easier then C, try Python!

My Blog

Posted: 26 August 2008 04:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-17

Ok, I got liblo .25 installed, it must have been an incomplete download. I’m still getting similar errors with pyliblo.

Signature 

Nuigroup wiki

Posted: 26 August 2008 04:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-22
Elite

After working with the author of pyliblo, we were able to come up with the following way to get Pyliblo to successfully compile on my Mac. Turns out the compiler was looking in the wrong place for the liblo header files...so, your mileage may vary, as this may have been a problem specific to my system, but if you’re getting an error about “lo/lo.h” not being found, even though you know you have liblo installed, try this!

C_INCLUDE_PATH=/usr/local/include LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib python setup.py install

(Just enter that into the terminal, all on one line, in the root directory of where you downloaded pyliblo).

Hope this helps someone else!

Did you try that?  If that doesn’t work I can’t help you.  I don’t have a Mac, so I can’t mess around with it and get it to work.

Signature 

My Blog

Posted: 26 August 2008 05:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-17

success!

yeah xelapond, that’s the step I forgot to do. I’ll write up what I did in order and send it to you later.

Your tutorial works for me like a charm now. Can’t wait to try the second one.

Signature 

Nuigroup wiki

1 of 2

‹‹ Touchpy under windows      Status of Python ››