38 of 43
Sony PS3Eye running under Windows!!! **UPDATED** Driver v3.0.0.0825 (Selectable Capture Frame Rate and Resolution)
Posted: 01 November 2009 01:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 556 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-04-28
Total Posts:  15

same problem here.................. :´(

Posted: 04 November 2009 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 557 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-31
Total Posts:  2
HyperEscape - 31 October 2009 02:24 PM

hELLO Everyone,

I have just connected my PS3eye to my PC running Windows XP Sp2 after completing the installation of PS3setup V3.0.0.0.9 as instructed. My PC has one old A4tech camera installed which I uninstalled before running Ps3eye setup.

Even though the setup went fine and PS3eye is detected and installed fine, however I cannot use it in any of the applications. MSN Messenger , Yahoo Messenger and Skype cannot see and detect the video and microphone of the Ps3 camera. No video capture device/or web cam installed message shows up in various programs.

I can see the camera result in AmCap and Ps3eye test App, but the camera is not identified by these video chatting softwares, nor is the camera mic working.

I have tried running the ‘test hardware’ options in Sounds sections in the Control Panel, which goes for around 75% but then crashes with a message of some Dpvsetup error. The sound card is SoundMAX HD Audio built onto the Intel 965 /Q35 Chipset inside a Dell Optiplex 755 Core2Duo machine.

Any ideas about how to make it work successfully. Has anybody tried and tested it with all the the applications with mic working as well.

Thanks for help in advance.
Regards.

Strangely Enough,

I was able to uninstall the other camera drivers and make the PS3 camera work with my Windows XP SP2 installation, It was detected fine in all of the applications and the camera mic was apparently working as well.

But when today I tried to install the PS3eye drivers after having a clean fresh install of Windows XP SP3 with updates from Microsoft Update Website, the camera somehow is not functioning properly. Its a clean windows install with no extra programs installed at all. The camera is detected on the USB port and the Windows tries to identify and upload its drivers but after its finished it shows an exclamation mark next to the camera device icon in the windows device manager. The message on the properties dialog box says unable to start the device. I have checked the camera and USB connection time and again and everything seems to be ok and just as previous , when the camera was working fine with all the software.

Any ideas why it could have happened. Does the Windows XP with SP3 and all the latest updates and drivers causing trouble with the PS3eye setup or can it be any graphic cards drivers. I am asking since I have also added an MSI 8500GT 512MB Nvidia PCI-e 16x graphics card to my desktop system as well.

I am attaching the screen shot of the condition. Alex Please have a look and suggest a solution.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Image Attachments
PS3eye Camera Setup Error.jpg

Posted: 07 November 2009 01:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 558 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07
Total Posts:  3
Nismo - 31 October 2009 06:34 PM

Hi Alex and everyone,

First of all, sorry for my poor english.

Thank you very much for your great work.

I was using your driver in windows vista x64 & windows 7 x64 (official beta 7100 from Microsoft) without problems.

Now I am using windows 7 x64 (final version 7600), and after completing the installation of PS3setup V3.0.0.0.9, I plug my cam (USB camera-B3.04.06.1) but windows says it cant find the drivers.

I was trying rebooting, reinstalling, finding drivers manually in C:/WINDOWS, but nothing to do, the system says there are not drivers for my cam. Also there are not changes in my device manager (do not appear AlexP Devices).

Any ideas about how to make it work?

Thanks for your help.

Regards.

I can’t get the cam to work in Win7 either. I’m using the final retail Win7.

Posted: 09 November 2009 08:06 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 559 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-06-21
Total Posts:  11

My camera was working great with v2.1.0 of the software on Windows 7 32-bit.  Then I unplugged it from the computer, moved the setup to another room and plugged everything back in again.  It worked for a few seconds (using CCV) and then the camera video froze up.  I escaped out of the program and then tried to start it again, but it crashed because the camera was not found.  I tried running the test app.  Same problem.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver, and now Windows insists that no driver exists for the camera.  I even tried to add it manually, and it said there was not a driver for my hardware found.  I also tried to upgrade to the latest driver (v3.0.0.9).

I tried plugging the camera into my laptop (running Windows XP), just to see if it worked there.  The same thing happened.  The test app ran briefly, and then froze.  I got out of the program and when I came back, it said PS3Eye not found.  I attempted to reinstall the driver, but no such luck.  It also does not work to try to install the driver manually.

Question: Is there something wrong with my camera itself?  Or, is there a driver issue here that I could resolve.  Please let me know if you have any suggestions at all.  I really need to get this working.

Thanks!!

Posted: 15 November 2009 09:37 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 560 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-31
Total Posts:  2

Finally.. I did it. LOL

For the people that can’t install the PS3Eye in latest windows 7 x64:

1- Install the lastest drivers “PS3Eye Camera Setup v3.0.0.0901” (thanks to AlexP).

2- Plug your cam. Windows says it cant find the drivers.

3- Go to Device Manager and find your cam (for me USB camera-B3.04.06.1). Right click and select update software driver, select install software driver manually.

4- Then explore to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AlexP .

5. Follow instructions.

It works for me, I hope this can help more people than me. My english is not good I hope that everybody can understand me.

Regards. 

P.D: Don’t forget to give thanks to AlexP.

PD2: I dont know if this can works in another windows version.

Posted: 15 November 2009 10:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 561 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07
Nismo - 15 November 2009 09:37 AM

Finally.. I did it. LOL

For the people that can’t install the PS3Eye in latest windows 7 x64:

1- Install the lastest drivers “PS3Eye Camera Setup v3.0.0.0901” (thanks to AlexP).

2- Plug your cam. Windows says it cant find the drivers.

3- Go to Device Manager and find your cam (for me USB camera-B3.04.06.1). Right click and select update software driver, select install software driver manually.

4- Then explore to go to C:\Program Files (x86)\AlexP .

5. Follow instructions.

It works for me, I hope this can help more people than me. My english is not good I hope that everybody can understand me.

Regards. 

P.D: Don’t forget to give thanks to AlexP.

PD2: I dont know if this can works in another windows version.

That worked for me. Thanks a bunch! Such a simple solution how embarrassing that I didn’t try it before.

Posted: 16 November 2009 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 562 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-03
Total Posts:  20

After cleaning up myself from crapping bricks when i installed the ps3 eye i had to post my results rasberry

Im running windows 7 32 bit on one computer and windows xp sp3 32 bit on another computer.
the windows 7 machine is a laptop with a dual core. the windows xp machine is older than all get out with a pentium 4.
i tested the ps3 eye on both computers and here is some basic info:

windows xp machine:
all framerates work.
the CPU is a p4 3.0ghz so it can barely keep up with the cam as very high res BUT it does work at 30 fps on the higher res with a cpu load of like 75-90 percent lol
regardless, it works and does what i want it to do. god it looks so good!

windows 7 machine:
all framerates work with the test app!
i got on facebook and even facebook picked this camera up. (awesome now i can use my ps3 eye to update my FB!! lololol)
now on the core 2 this baby runs friggen great. i get the desired fps and my cpu is fine. core 1 is at 35 percent core 2 is at 15. o and thats while capturing playing music and a slideshow on the windows gadgets. so a 2.4 dual core can run this NO PROBLEM. i would venture as far to say that a 1.8 dual core could handle it for sure.

Ill try to convince some of my computer buddies to let me use them as test subjects. that will allow me to get some more hardware varyation to report back with. Overall alexp is teh shizznit. Im literally late to class im so excited about this. gtg ill check back later on this post for sure. if anybody has some hardware they want me to test it on let me know and i probably can. im a computer geek at a computer geek college lol

Posted: 17 November 2009 06:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 563 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-05
Total Posts:  5

Hi there.
I’m running Windows XP 32bit and running into a problem.
I installed the drivers and the camera works just fine on the test app. But whenever I try to use it with my browser (Latest version of Firefox) my browser instantly crashes.
Is there anything I can do to fix this and allow the camera to work with flash based programs?

Posted: 18 November 2009 11:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 564 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-02
Total Posts:  8
torontoguy2k5 - 17 November 2009 06:24 PM

Hi there.
I’m running Windows XP 32bit and running into a problem.
I installed the drivers and the camera works just fine on the test app. But whenever I try to use it with my browser (Latest version of Firefox) my browser instantly crashes.
Is there anything I can do to fix this and allow the camera to work with flash based programs?

At least it’s being recognized.. or is it?

My MSN Messenger, browser, etc. They don’t even realize its plugged in.

EDIT: Oops, I see it’s already been reported.

Posted: 19 November 2009 12:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 565 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-02
Total Posts:  8

Even Amcap isn’t working for me. What’s up with this?

Posted: 24 November 2009 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 566 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-07

Use an older driver version. I’ve had the cam not working in my browser too in WinXP but reverting to an older driver made it work.

Posted: 01 December 2009 12:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 567 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29
Total Posts:  18

Anyone having problem using the latest drivers in Google video chat?  It’s not detecting in the setup, rather it is detecting in the setup it shows PS3 Eye camera as device but no video.

Video works in Skype, though

Posted: 11 December 2009 06:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 568 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-07
Total Posts:  5

For people having troubles with applications (messenger, browser..) not recognizing the cam, try to change usb port.
I had the same problem, because I was plugging the cam in the front usb ports of my desktop pc.
If you’re not using a laptop try with the ports in the back.
For me it worked, it was a powering issue.

Posted: 16 December 2009 06:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 569 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-25
Total Posts:  36

i notice in Win Xp if you install the drive, then unistall, and install again makes the drive work with amcap. I make this in 2 computers and are working fine.

Posted: 22 December 2009 05:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 570 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-19
Total Posts:  1

Hey all,

can anybody confirm that the 2.0b81019 driver is a false positive trojan? Nod32 doesn’t like it at all and I freetrack only works with 2.0b81019. Does anybody here use freetrack with the ps3 eye cam and has made it work with newer drivers?

cheers

38 of 43