39 of 43
Sony PS3Eye running under Windows!!! **UPDATED** Driver v3.0.0.0825 (Selectable Capture Frame Rate and Resolution)
Posted: 29 December 2009 01:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 571 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
Total Posts:  342
MehMan - 22 December 2009 05:27 AM

Hey all,

can anybody confirm that the 2.0b81019 driver is a false positive trojan? Nod32 doesn’t like it at all and I freetrack only works with 2.0b81019. Does anybody here use freetrack with the ps3 eye cam and has made it work with newer drivers?

cheers

Check out this post about false positives.
Also you might want to check this post regarding freetrack.

Signature 

Computing is not about computers any more.  It is about living!

Code Laboratories
CL Studio Live - Video like never before
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 06 January 2010 11:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 572 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-06
Total Posts:  2

Hi Alex, I was wondering if you can give me any help.

I’ve been trying all day to get my PS3eye working with no luck. I installed the latest version of the driver, before plugging the camera in. Then I installed it when prompted by windows. After this it said my new hardware was installed successfully and was ready to use but when I go into the test nothing shows at all - just a black screen. When I attempt to use the camera in MSN or skype I’m told that the camera is not working properly.

Do you, or does anyone have any idea what the problem might be?

Thanks in advance!

Posted: 06 January 2010 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 573 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
Total Posts:  342
chrisd - 06 January 2010 11:31 AM

I’ve been trying all day to get my PS3eye working with no luck. I installed the latest version of the driver, before plugging the camera in. Then I installed it when prompted by windows. After this it said my new hardware was installed successfully and was ready to use but when I go into the test nothing shows at all - just a black screen. When I attempt to use the camera in MSN or skype I’m told that the camera is not working properly.

Thanks in advance!

Can you give me more detail regarding the driver version you installed? Also what are your system specs (CPU, OS version, memory type and size, graphics card)?

~Alex

Signature 

Computing is not about computers any more.  It is about living!

Code Laboratories
CL Studio Live - Video like never before
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 06 January 2010 04:11 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 574 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-06

I downloaded the latest version - 4.0.0.1230 - as well as, when that didn’t work, several of the older ones.

I’m on Windows XP home edition, 2002 edition, Service pack 3. My colour quality is 32-bit. I’ve got 2GHz of DDR1 memory. My graphics card is a Radeon X1650 series.

Hope this helps.

Chris

Posted: 08 January 2010 07:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 575 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-08
Total Posts:  1

you are a genius many thanks have got it working with windows 7 64 bit thanks very much

Posted: 09 January 2010 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 576 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-09

Alex I have run in to some trouble and I was wondering if you could help me out.
I recorded something using the program a day ago.  After, I opened it up and it played fine.  This morning I went to open it again and I get “This file does not appear to contain a Video track.” I’m not sure what I did wrong...can you help me please?

Posted: 11 January 2010 01:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 577 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Total Posts:  461

What is new in Version: 4.0.0.1230?

Posted: 13 January 2010 12:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 578 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-13

I need help!
I’m installing the driver but then I get the message that “downloading timed out”.
What does this mean and what can I do now?

Posted: 13 January 2010 08:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 579 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-29
Total Posts:  12
echsinntop - 13 January 2010 12:41 PM

I need help!
I’m installing the driver but then I get the message that “downloading timed out”.
What does this mean and what can I do now?

It appears the server is down/very slow… I can’t install the driver either.

Edit: back up!

Posted: 15 January 2010 09:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 580 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-13

It worked after twenty times!

Posted: 15 January 2010 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 581 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-15
AlexP - 06 January 2010 03:31 PM

chrisd - 06 January 2010 11:31 AM

Thanks in advance!

Can you give me more detail regarding the driver version you installed? Also what are your system specs (CPU, OS version, memory type and size, graphics card)?

~Alex

I am having exactly the same problem with the 4.0.0.1230 drivers on Windows 7 64-bit.  Drivers install OK and the camera appears in device manager etc.  The blue light on the camera comes on when it is attached, but the red light stays off at all times and the CL-Eye test app just shows a blank screen.  The app also seems unstable as it hangs when trying use the menus/change setting etc…

I have tried disabling driver signing, and running as administrator, uninstalling & reinstalling drivers, rebooting, compatibility mode etc.

The older AlexP v3 drivers work slightly better - the old test app at least shows what the camera sees and the camera’s red light comes on, but the app is unstable on Win 7 64 (probably no surprise).

Core i5, 4GB DDR3, Radeon 5850 (Catalyst 9.12) on Win 7 pro 64-bit.

Had the camera working great on XP 32-bit (using the old AlexP v3 drivers) by the way - many thanks for all you great work on this!

Posted: 15 January 2010 10:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 582 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Total Posts:  461

Any difference between v3 and v4?

Posted: 16 January 2010 07:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 583 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-18
Total Posts:  7

WOW!

I have just plugged my PS3 EYE in after installing your latest and greatest and it just worked straight off the BAT!
I am running a PS3 Eye on windows 7 Pro 32bit the test app is a bit grainy close up (Very close) but the abilaty not to blure at ok range with quick movments is great.

Cheers for your hard work

J

Posted: 22 January 2010 07:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 584 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-22

hi there.

i tried using the cam under vista 32 bit a while ago using the latest driver version before the 4. xx version. that worked fine. using skype, as soon as i started a video conference it (skype) crashed.

now i am trying to get it to work under windows seven pro, 64bit, core i7, 4gb ram. it worked with the old driver, but same problem in skype.

then i found out about the newest driver, installed it and nothing worked anymore. the camera shows up in the device manager and also says that everything is running fine. but it doesn’t. (it says cl-eye test.exe is not responding)

any help on this would be greatly apreciated.

Posted: 22 January 2010 09:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 585 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-22

when installing the download is timing out ive ran the installer several times and it just keeps timing out any reply on this situation would be awsome cuz this is aparently the only PS3 eye driver available awsome work creating it btw

UPDATE:
it installed without a hitch on my XP desktop that is currently running windows XP pro but for some reason im having issues on my vista laptop i thought to myself ok maybe im timing out due to bad connection so i pluged into my LAN via wired cat5 and still i get the dowloading timed out error the only thing ive noticed is that it times out every time at the same file WdfCoInstaller01009.dll
any idea as to what the possable issue might be?

Notes:
running windows vista home basic SP2 32 bit
3GB ram
thats all i can see from my system menu aside from prcessor speed if you need any more info please feel free to ask

UPDATE 2 :
ok i got vista to install it i had to right click run as administrator now for my screwy issues on both machines

vista issues: i simply can not launch any messenger web cam service at all without crashing the app no picture loads or anything it just simply crashes even on a web casting website like justin.tv it completly crashes either browser ( I.E and mozilla) how ever the test app included in the download shows a perfect picture

XP PRO issues:
the camera gos in and out both on my messengers and in the test program itll work for about 2 minuites and than gos to somthing like a chanel that dosent come in correctly (im thinkin i have a driver conflict some where and will be investigating it futher in a moment ill keep you posted)

39 of 43