5 of 43
Sony PS3Eye running under Windows!!! **UPDATED** Driver v3.0.0.0825 (Selectable Capture Frame Rate and Resolution)
Posted: 13 September 2008 09:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-09
Total Posts:  38
Loon - 13 September 2008 07:32 PM

ps3forme - 13 September 2008 07:46 AM
Hey alexP looks like your doing some good work, keep it up!

I have a problem , I’ve downloaded your driver and test program for my ps3cam and I can install the drivers fine but when I open the test program nothing happens after it says

Initializing Driver ...
Found Ps3Eye Camera

and it just stays like this , no picture from the cam, but the program is not frozen.

I’m using win xp sp2 , I’ve already installed every combination of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package . I’m using a usb 2.0 port

when I plug the cam in only the blue light turns on, is the red also supposed to come on?

It’d be great if you can help me!! smile tanx..

Same Here!

In Device Manager I don’t show an entry for:
Sound, video and game controllers
USB Camera-B3.04.06.1

Ok with the first test app I get the same distorted image but at least the camera initalizes (Red Light comes on) BTW i’m running XPSP2.

Posted: 14 September 2008 03:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-13
Total Posts:  4
AlexP - 13 September 2008 04:20 PM

ps3forme - 13 September 2008 07:46 AM
Hey alexP looks like your doing some good work, keep it up!

I have a problem , I’ve downloaded your driver and test program for my ps3cam and I can install the drivers fine but when I open the test program nothing happens after it says

Initializing Driver ...
Found Ps3Eye Camera

and it just stays like this , no picture from the cam, but the program is not frozen.

I’m using win xp sp2 , I’ve already installed every combination of Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package . I’m using a usb 2.0 port

when I plug the cam in only the blue light turns on, is the red also supposed to come on?

It’d be great if you can help me!! smile tanx..

Are you sure you have properly installed drivers? Does your device manager show the ‘PS3Eye Camera’ under Jungo?
If so, I wonder if there is a different revision of the chipset in your camera. I heard that they are now using the OV538 chip since OV534 has been discontinued.
Could you verify this?

~Alex

yea the drivers are installed, It shows in device manager under Jungo - Ps3 Eye Camera and Windriver .

I’m not sure how to verify the chipset, do I need to pull my cam apart ? Maybe it is the OV538 , I bought the cam about 2mnths ago..

Posted: 14 September 2008 12:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-09

UPDATE:
Tested in Vista and drivers install properly including USB Camera-B3.04.06.1 entry in Camera, video and game controllers.
Test app 1 unitizes camera but with distorted image as shown earlier in this post.
Test app 2 does not initialize camera.

Posted: 14 September 2008 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
Total Posts:  342
oaa8 - 13 September 2008 05:02 PM

yes the chip says OV0538.  How does that affect the driver that you have made?  Can this camera still be used?
--- UPDATE---
I used the older PS3EyeTest and I got this

Apparently OV534 and OV 538 have a different master IDs. I’m working on detecting that and properly initializing each chip.
Since I have only tha camera with OV534 this might take some experimenting and help from you guys.

~Alex

Signature 

Computing is not about computers any more.  It is about living!

Code Laboratories
CL Studio Live - Video like never before
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 14 September 2008 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-09

I’ll be standing by if you need someone to test things out.

Posted: 14 September 2008 04:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-14

As will I, not sure if my board is different, however the model number detected under XP is definitely different from the one listed in the guide.

Also, starting the Eye Test resulted in error 20000007 (failed to init driver).

Posted: 14 September 2008 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-13
Total Posts:  31

Hi everybody,

Here are my tests, (windows xp sp2)

1) testing sept 8th (smaller 53k) driver and program version : everything ok, 640x480 @ 50 fps

2) testing sept 9th version : driver installation succeeded, but , as BlackRhino and ps3forme previously said, when i run the test program , “It Initializes, Found ps3 camera then just sits there”.

3) replacing the testprogram with the former (sept 8th), it works fine (@50fps), even with the new driver version.

jyg

Signature 

** JYG ** Pure Data multitouch/fiducial framework project

Posted: 14 September 2008 06:39 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
jyg - 14 September 2008 05:07 PM

Hi everybody,

1) testing sept 8th (smaller 53k) driver and program version : everything ok, 640x480 @ 50 fps

2) testing sept 9th version : driver installation succeeded, but , as BlackRhino and ps3forme previously said, when i run the test program , “It Initializes, Found ps3 camera then just sits there”.

3) replacing the testprogram with the former (sept 8th), it works fine (@50fps), even with the new driver version.

jyg

Ok, I’m looking and comparing the changes. I’ll post the updated version as soon as I check it. I also got the second PS3EYe camera. Hopefully this one has the newer chipset.

~Alex

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 14 September 2008 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
Ph43druS - 14 September 2008 04:17 PM

As will I, not sure if my board is different, however the model number detected under XP is definitely different from the one listed in the guide.

Ph43druS, what is the model number that shows up for your camera?
Is it USB Camera-B3.04.06.1 or something else?

~Alex

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 14 September 2008 06:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26
Total Posts:  62

I believe I have also received that message but that was because the windriver was not installed.  Did you double click on the install.bat?  When I did that, that particular error message went away.  Although the camera still doesn’t work because of the new chipset.

Posted: 14 September 2008 08:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-07
Total Posts:  96

Hello Alex…

I got the camera today, havent opened it yet, only installed the drivers that you provided. Camera runs for a few seconds then freezes and the frames are like the other people have mentioned. Not sure about the chip. It may be the one that doesn’t work.

Any updates or clues so far? I’ll open it up little later and see what chip it has in there. Will report back.

Using windows Vista 32 bit.
(Windows detects it as: USB Camera-B4.04.27.1)
Cheers....

Image Attachments
Capture.JPG
 Signature 

LCD FTIR MultiTouch Screen
http://multitouch.geomentary.com/

Posted: 14 September 2008 09:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-08
Total Posts:  14

Hi Alex, i’m wait for my ps3 camera in this week. When i get i will tell you what chip have, and i test you driver.
Sorry for my english, i’m from Argentina.
Best regards.

Posted: 14 September 2008 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-14
Total Posts:  2

Hi Alex, (and hi all since I’m new to the forums).

Here is my camera version: B3.04.06.1

On Vista 32 your test app recognizes the camera, but as another people, the image freezes.

On XP 32 the test app stays on “Found PS3Eye Camera” and no image.

On Vista 64 I managed to install the windriver for x64 (from the Jungo website) instead doing the wdreg step you provided (incompatible with x64) and installed your ps3eye driver without problem (both of them appear ok on the device manager), but the test app says that couldn’t initialize it.

By the way, just as a curiosity, I removed the IR filter from my cam, and scratched by mistake a corner of the sensor. It works anyway (with the PS3, since I can’t test it with PC), only shows a very little black point on that corner of the image. It’s not annoying, but the image is focused on a “near plane”. I don’t know if that happens cause of the amount of IR that the camera captures now or if it’s the autofocus focusing on that point. I don’t mind buying another camera, but I’m curious if the camera has a built-in autofocus, or it’s the Playstation software who is focusing.
It’s possible to control manually the focus of the camera through the driver (not now of course, but in a future)?. That could be nice to fine tunning MT setups.

Posted: 14 September 2008 10:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-14
AlexP - 14 September 2008 06:41 PM

Ph43druS, what is the model number that shows up for your camera?
Is it USB Camera-B3.04.06.1 or something else?

~Alex

B4.04.27.1, as Geoman above reports for his.  I’m running XP Pro SP2.  I dual boot with vista x64 and upon trying to install under vista (as I expected may happen), it didn’t work.  Is there a flag to change in the .inf files for that, or must they be recompiled?  I get the feeling there may have been a trick to get it to work, but after it failed to load in vista my comp froze and rebooting gave me a disk check from either OS (and only after the second, vista one did it actually repair itself).

Ran a quick check on the number over google, and nothing more to really say about it.  If you want me up to open it up I’d be willing, though ideally it wouldn’t hafta be done.  I’m don’t really have any good way of getting high quality pics of the internals.

Edit:  Checked the bottom of the cam, manufacurer listed as Namtai, SLEH-00201.

Posted: 14 September 2008 10:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-13
jyg - 14 September 2008 05:07 PM

Hi everybody,

jyg

Hey jyg, Where do you get the sept 8th version from? It sounds like it might fix my problem..

5 of 43