trouble with my camer!!! 
Posted: 04 September 2008 08:09 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24
Total Posts:  50

I was able to remove the ir lens halfway sucessfully and replaced it with a peace of negitive for the time being untorfunetly some how my camera seems like it got damage and only shows black and white is this right or did I damage my camera also its still barley picking up the IR light the when underneath the table but it picks up well when I point the camera directly at the ir leds. : /

Posted: 05 September 2008 03:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-18
Total Posts:  882

it’s ok , Artskeem , everythings fine !

Signature 

How many touches can you simultaneously perform ? 
Coming soon : EveryWall MT / Multi LaserPointers / MT SMS Wall
le WIKI en Fran├žais

Posted: 05 September 2008 01:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

Cool I was worried about that I cant afford another camera.

Sorry for the thousands of questions its just my dead line is coming up and Im getting stressed trying to graduate if anyone out their wouldn’t mind speaking to me over the phone that can help answer some questions that would be awesome Ill be happy to give back to the forms when I understand how it all works I’m Im so close,

thanks

Posted: 06 September 2008 10:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-10
Total Posts:  152

What method are you using? DI, FTIR, etc?

Posted: 06 September 2008 10:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

Im using FTIR setup I made a little progress actully past this point

One thing my fingers only glow when the lights are off witch I need the lights on :/

Im having to press really hard when moving my fingers becaue the glow will dissapers also it seems like there is a lagg with my fingers glowing witch doset make since cause I thought light was impossibly fast. blank stare

even with a good read my apps are not tracking my fingers they are just going crazy like its traking some other light sorce unless I apply alot of pressure in one spot they will stop!!

Posted: 06 September 2008 11:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-10

There could be lot’s of things going on there and I’m not really a FTIR guy....

Your filter could be blocking some IR, or you do not have enough leds. Also, what are you using as a projection material? If it’s Rosco then that should block most of the ambient IR from your room lights so you will be able to have them on and still use the box.

I’m not sure what you mean by the light lagging. If you mean that there is still a blob after you have removed your finger then that could be because you are pressing so hard and you are deforming the silicone or whatever you have on top of acrylic.The blob will remain until the material bends back to normal. Or maybe your computer is running too slowly…

Posted: 06 September 2008 11:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

yea Im using and led ribbion witch should be enough It was recomnded.  is it possible because Im using exposed negitive as and ir filter that it can only be visible when the lights are off?

to be more specific with the glow around my fingures I actully have to hold my hand down and the glow slowly appears like it took a while to reach my finger with out applying pressure and the when I move my fingers the glow dissapers until my fingers stop moving and the glow slowly forms back to my fingers dose that make since?

Its really hard for me to actually explain what going on though ill try out some more stuff so I have a more specific problem

Posted: 06 September 2008 11:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

also when you say rosco Is that a type of projector or is that the stuff to difuse light??? cause I think that might be my problem actually

Posted: 06 September 2008 11:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-10

That does sound weird what cam is it? How many frames per sec is it running at?

You didn’t say what projection material you are using, or whether it is on top of your acrylic…

EDIT ok, you posted that while I was typing. Rosco is for the image to be projected on to. I’m not sure you would need a separate diffuser with FTIR but like I said I’m not an FTIR guy

Posted: 06 September 2008 11:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-24

Im not to sure how many frames its running per second but it nothing else laggs except for the IF light.

where can I get rasco at I think that could be my hole problem it just occured to me the thing Im using as a diffuser is like velum but its a film sheet I think itsinteferaring with the IR and whats messing eveything up!!