1 of 2
iPhoneOSCTranslate - iPhone workable TUIO
Posted: 10 September 2008 10:20 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-06
Total Posts:  157

Quick little tray app I whipped together to translate the output of OSCemote to workable TUIO, you can find OSCemote in the app store. Not sure if theres another way out there to do this but here ya go!

Has a few options you can change in the config, most are pretty self explanatory:

receivePort: The port iPhone is sending OSC data on

broadcastPort: The port to send the workable TUIO out on, sends on 127.0.0.1

translationResolution: The resolution u want to translate to (only used for trackpad mode)

trackpadMode (not really a trackpad but whatever, i suck at naming): Center of iphone screen = mouse cursor on destination pc, allows for higher resolution but requires you to use mouse cursor to cover entire screen. If you set this to false, the iphone screen maps directly to the target screen...sort of low resolution.

horizontalMode: Swaps X/Y, gives you closer mapping to wide screen.

File Attachments
iPhoneOSCTranslate_Beta.zip  (File Size: 28KB - Downloads: 914)

Posted: 11 September 2008 07:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-01
Total Posts:  243

Very cool.  Could you do a run through of how to get it working?  I have it installed on my phone, but can’t seem to get anythnig to work.  We have Flosc running on the standard ports, is this required?

Thanks for the app.

A.

Signature 

fingerpuk.tumblr.com

Posted: 11 September 2008 08:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-06
Larky - 11 September 2008 07:18 AM

Very cool.  Could you do a run through of how to get it working?  I have it installed on my phone, but can’t seem to get anythnig to work.  We have Flosc running on the standard ports, is this required?

Thanks for the app.

A.

Hmm, I didnt try it with flosc but I will in a bit...if you open up the config file it shows the ports, the defaults are 2222 for receive and 3333 for broadcast. All you should have to do is run the translation app, and then flosc…

Posted: 12 September 2008 10:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-06

Yep, works fine for me with flosc...default config as I put it in the zip and the default flosc package that comes with touchlib...i tried it with ripples and the picture app. Make sure you dont have a firewall blocking the connections between the apps, my firewal prompted me to make a rule exception.

Posted: 13 September 2008 01:12 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-02
Total Posts:  18

It would eb great if somebody made something like this work on the mac

Signature 

Alex

Tangibleinteraction.com

“Tangible is the new virtual”

Posted: 13 September 2008 12:13 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-06
alexbeim - 13 September 2008 01:12 AM

It would eb great if somebody made something like this work on the mac

heh cant help ya on this one sorry, somebody could maybe compile it under mono but its not that complex so somebody could probably whip it up pretty fast in a mac language.

Posted: 20 October 2008 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

this is great help smile… trying to figure it all out now… trying to get iphone talking to flash apps… without any luck

right now i have:

iphone > iphoneOSCtranslate > FLOSC > flash… is this right? also i have disabled all firewalls that could stop it from relaying.

any hints?

Signature 

~

Posted: 20 October 2008 04:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-05
Total Posts:  92

Socket Policy issue?

http://www.lightsphere.com/dev/articles/flash_socket_policy.html

I dunno much about flash, but for Silverlight in order to use sockets you have got to run a policy server which sends a policy file to the client (crossdomain.xml).

G.

nuiman - 20 October 2008 04:30 PM

this is great help smile… trying to figure it all out now… trying to get iphone talking to flash apps… without any luck

right now i have:

iphone > iphoneOSCtranslate > FLOSC > flash… is this right? also i have disabled all firewalls that could stop it from relaying.

any hints?

Posted: 20 October 2008 08:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-06

If FLOSC works normally for you that should work. What version of OSCemote are you running?

Posted: 21 October 2008 01:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Administrator

Thanks Admiral for this app… really excited to try it out.

Version 1.1 I just got latest version today off the App Store… it says “sends up to 5 seperate touches via the TUIO protocol based on OSC...”

I have tried for like 2 hours and cannot seem to get anything to work… I started sniffing my network traffic and know that the packets are getting received by my desktop computer. However no luck getting them into FLOSC.

Also I tested and my Flash works fine with the TUIO Simulator… but then I close and try with OSC remote without any luck.

I will try once again on a separate computer.

Signature 

~

Posted: 23 October 2008 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-23
Total Posts:  62

I’m not having much luck interfacing with the flash demo’s either.

UPDATE:  Got it working...I had to set OSCemote to look for port 2222, I had it set to look for 3333.

Signature 

Flex & Multitouch Blog: http://bugbee.com

Posted: 24 October 2008 06:31 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Administrator

I got it working on another computer… I think the iphoneOSC app had troubles running on my main computer… it would crash when I would right click exit.. etc.. but it works fine on my other server.

Great app… admiral maybe you can explain whats going on a bit under the hood? how it works etc.. I would love to try and make a version for mac…

Signature 

~

Posted: 19 December 2008 08:18 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-28
Total Posts:  63

Thank you verry much for your app. Simple and it works great!!

Signature 

Our setup: Our big ass table

Posted: 23 December 2008 12:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-12-24
Total Posts:  82

Just tested OSCemote straight to Flosc and it works great. But you should use a version of Flosc included into this package by uranodai: http://www.libspark.org/svn/as3/iphoneasForOSCemote/trunk/samples/multitouch_demo.zip

Signature 

--
http://www.multitouch-barcelona.com

Posted: 07 April 2009 04:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-21
Total Posts:  1

Hello,
I’m also having some difficulties to have OSCemote works with the multitouch demo.
When I use the TUIO Simulator it works fine, but when I’m sending TUIO data from OSCemote the flash demo doesn’t receive the data.
I’ve looked at the console of the Flosc application and it looks like it’s receiving correctly the data from the iphone. It writes “[3/7/2009 23:34:6] Received UDP packet, parsing OSC...” each time I touch the Iphone screen

Does anyone knows what can be the problem when I’m using my iphone ?

Posted: 08 August 2009 05:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-08
Total Posts:  1
wSatori - 23 December 2008 12:04 PM

Just tested OSCemote straight to Flosc and it works great. But you should use a version of Flosc included into this package by uranodai: http://www.libspark.org/svn/as3/iphoneasForOSCemote/trunk/samples/multitouch_demo.zip

Wow thank you very much for this great tool.

But I have a problem, it looks like OSCemoteEvent.MULTI_TOUCH_END gets never fired.
Can you help me with that ?

Great Stuff at Multitouch Barcelona !!!

Oliver from Berlin

1 of 2