1 of 3
Doing Business With Multi-Touch
Posted: 22 September 2008 04:30 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-08
Total Posts:  23

Hey guys!!

As you know the Multi-Touch technology is becoming more popular and every day a new application using this technology sees the light in the global market, so I think we need to know what are the “big players” doing.

I would like to share with this great community some of the information that I have obtained during my research on the Multi-Touch Technology.

As you might notice there is a lot of missing information or maybe wrong, so feel free to fill it or correct me if it is necessary.

All we are involved with this growing industry as workers, scientist, starting our company or just for fun, and because we are important players we need to know what are the “Big Players” marketing (Maybe you are one of those big players or work for one of them), so I invite you to post information of companies that market products or solutions based in Multi-Touch (including your company), so we can find more opportunities for doing business with this great technology.

Here is a list with some of the companies (or people) that are maketing Hardware, Applications (Software) or Complete Solutions (CS) using Multi-Touch Techniques, their business offer and the tecnique they use for Multi-Touch:

The Business Directory has Changed its home. Now is in the Wiki

If you think there is information that needs to changed, then edit the wiki or post on this thread

*Also a note I used: http://labs.seapine.com/htmltowiki.cgi to convert the table to wiki code… so we can update later

Posted: 22 September 2008 06:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-19
Total Posts:  111

Hm when i look at http://www.interactive-scape.com site, i can`t imagine how all technical requirements are given in such a table ?!

Posted: 23 September 2008 01:35 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-08
Total Posts:  1008

Probably because it seems to be a back projection tv, anyways, lets stay on topic smile

Posted: 23 September 2008 12:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-13
Total Posts:  11

I Wish that kind of list overview would be for open source/free ware software solutions.
As a Newbie its very hard to find some.
A central point for links to software would be sooo cool.

Posted: 25 September 2008 08:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-08
nambrot - 23 September 2008 12:01 PM

I Wish that kind of list overview would be for open source/free ware software solutions.
As a Newbie its very hard to find some.
A central point for links to software would be sooo cool.

Hi Nambrot,
When you say “open source/free ware software solutions” do you mean the software required to translate blobs into usable commands for the computer? or the application for the end user of the Multi-Touch Device?.

If you are talking about the software required to translate blobs into usable commands for the computer, I recommend you to take a look in the Touchlib (Search for it in this group). I haven’t started my Multi-Touch device but I think you need to write some code to do thah. There are other software like OpenCV (Touchlib is based on OpenCV). I have read in this group that someone did it using java. Try to search for more information.

If you are talking about the application for the end user, I agree with you, I haven’t found companies that offer that kind of service. But maybe you can help me with that. I am a newbe too, but this group has a lot of information.

I have updated the “database” with one Application company: http://www.13flo.com he is member of this group and is building his Multi-Touch device, but take a look of his website, his strength is the software for the end user.

I hope this thread be useful for everyone in this group

Andres Caro

Posted: 26 September 2008 11:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-16
Total Posts:  117

MONO:

Wrap your table in “ [ code] [ /code] “tags This will make your table much easier to read and maintain.

Posted: 26 September 2008 01:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-08
flyte - 26 September 2008 11:54 AM

MONO:

Wrap your table in “ [ code] [ /code] “tags This will make your table much easier to read and maintain.

Hi flyte,
I have updated the table with the code tags, Do you think it looks better now?, or could you send me detailed instuctions on how to do that?.

By the way, do you have more information to fill the table?

Thanks
Andres Caro

Posted: 26 September 2008 05:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-19
Total Posts:  111

mh http://www.elotouch.com/Technologies/CarrollTouch/default.asp is only single touch, isn`t it?

Posted: 26 September 2008 05:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-08
carschdn - 26 September 2008 05:09 PM

mh http://www.elotouch.com/Technologies/CarrollTouch/default.asp is only single touch, isn`t it?

Hi carschdn, you are right. It is only single touch. I am going to remove it from the list and add 2 more hardware companies.

Posted: 29 September 2008 11:52 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-03-30
Total Posts:  45

Hi....

My company is doing some concepting + programming for multi-touch environments. We are Intactlab URL: http://www.intactlab.nl

thanx

Signature 

"An idea is salvation by imagination.”
Frank Lloyd Wright

SITE: Intactlab, multi-touch systems

Posted: 29 September 2008 03:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-18
Total Posts:  882

hi, MOno,

your application / flo13 / is wrong , flo has not done any multitouch app ...

Signature 

How many touches can you simultaneously perform ? 
Coming soon : EveryWall MT / Multi LaserPointers / MT SMS Wall
le WIKI en Français

Posted: 29 September 2008 04:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-08
jimihertz - 29 September 2008 03:37 PM

hi, MOno,

your application / flo13 / is wrong , flo has not done any multitouch app ...

Hi Jimi,

You are right, flo hasn’t done any multitouch app, but based on his experience with very cool interactive web sites and the knowledge he is getting doing his MT, I think he would be a good (freelance) supplier for Multi-Touch apps. People or companies may need his services to develop Multi-touch apps for their clients.

By the way, Jimi, do you know other people or companies that could be Multi-Touch applications suppliers?

Andres Caro

Posted: 29 September 2008 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-09
Total Posts:  905

Hey
Two things-spelling on “Bridger Maxwell”, it says “Bridgel.”
Also, I was wondering about SMART Technologies-we have their smart boards @ school, are they really multitouch? I don’t know...maybe they have some other products out there that are more multitouch-like.
rbedi100

Signature 

My Multi Touch Blog
Join us on NUI Chat !
Read Multi-Touch Technologies Book!

Posted: 30 September 2008 10:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-18
Total Posts:  882

Jazz Mutant is now Stantum : http://www.stantum.com/
the company sells a 15’’4 wide screen display with an Multi-touch Application Programming Interface (API):
( Multi cursor library & Test applications with C source code )

i will check this WE to give you more infos

Signature 

How many touches can you simultaneously perform ? 
Coming soon : EveryWall MT / Multi LaserPointers / MT SMS Wall
le WIKI en Français

Posted: 30 September 2008 01:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-13
Total Posts:  11

Yeah, its good to see that there are MT Softwares.
Probably you could also add those MT Apps, that are already know, not just doing it commercially.
Like Media App and so on. Probaly also the flash samples^^

Posted: 30 September 2008 01:57 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-05
Total Posts:  56

Cool idea, MONO.
Maybe it would be better to start a wiki article at some point. And include more info as well, like the names of the offered products, countries, etc.

These are the CityWall people:
MultiTouch (Finland)
products: MultiTouch Cell (DI/LCD), Projector Box (DI?)
services: custom hardware, applications, consultation

Also, to my knowledge, Tactiva is not selling anything, yet.

1 of 3