2 of 3
Sony PS3Eye Camera + TouchLib + DirectShow + More…
Posted: 17 October 2008 08:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
Total Posts:  342
SolsticeZero - 17 October 2008 05:07 PM

Thanks for all the work you’re doing on this Alex, but I’m having a small problem with mine working. It’s giving me an error when I try to install the driver. Here’s a capture of the error I’m getting. I’m using Vista x64. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I got it to work. For anyone else getting this error, drag the 3 files from the driver folder into the AMD64 folder and point your installation there

SolsticeZero,
Anyways, thanks for your input and fix!
It is strange that you have to copy the files there (amd64).
In the PS3EyeCamera.inf file I have already the relative path pointing to amd64 directory:

[SourceDisksNames]
= 
I;SK_NAME%,,,\i386
= 
I;SK_NAME%,,,\amd64

[SourceDisksFiles.x86]
WinUSBCoInstaller
.dll=1
WdfCoInstaller01007
.dll=1

[SourceDisksFiles
.NTamd64]
WinUSBCoInstaller
.dll=2
WdfCoInstaller01007
.dll=2

This works fine for x32 bit versions of Windows. I will have to investigate this more closely.

~Alex

UPDATE: There seems to be an error in Microsoft’s documentation (which is what i followed) on how to create WinUSB driver .inf file. I resolved the issue in the latest PS3EyeSetup (v2.0b81019) install.

Signature 

Computing is not about computers any more.  It is about living!

Code Laboratories
CL Studio Live - Video like never before
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 18 October 2008 07:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-01
Total Posts:  1

I get a “winusb.dll” not found error on WinXP SP2. I’ve tried reinstalling/uninstalling several times.

Posted: 18 October 2008 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-07-18
Total Posts:  4

I am also getting the “WINUSB.DLL not found” message. I have searched on my system for it and it’s not on my computer. I have also been unable to locate a reliable source online to download it.

Posted: 18 October 2008 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
Total Posts:  2

Before starting to cry, I’d like to thank you for all the hard work put into this.

Now, to the crying part… I’m having a problem when I try to install the newest drivers. This is the error message I’m getting:

2yl1wrc.png

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Ok, I’m not getting that error anymore. Now the microphone works… But the camera doesn’t.

“Could not find PS3Eye Camera device!”

Edit # 2: Now it’s all working like the previous drivers! At last.

But I’d like to take this chance to point out something… I don’t know if it’s just me, but the drivers don’t work correctly on Windows Vista. When an application tries to use the microphone, it just doesn’t work. But Windows says it’s working. The camera works fine.

This doesn’t happen with my other PC, which has Windows XP…

Posted: 18 October 2008 11:24 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-10
Total Posts:  4

alex, what’s up man.. the new drivers you put out work for me but for some reason the quality is not that clear as the old drivers. the light is a little dim anyway to fix this issue.

Posted: 19 October 2008 09:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
SolsticeZero - 17 October 2008 05:07 PM

Thanks for all the work you’re doing on this Alex, but I’m having a small problem with mine working. It’s giving me an error when I try to install the driver. Here’s a capture of the error I’m getting. I’m using Vista x64. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I got it to work. For anyone else getting this error, drag the 3 files from the driver folder into the AMD64 folder and point your installation there

Check out the latest PS3EyeSetup (v2.0b81019). The x86/x64 .inf file (path issue) is fixed now. The setup will attempt to install the driver for you. Make sure the camera is unplugged during the setup process. Then after all is done, plug in the camera and it should be automatically detected. Test is by running PS3EyeTest app.

~Alex

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 20 October 2008 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-03

I have a problem.....the 2.0b81016 drivers work just fine....its when i update to the 2.0b81019 drivers does it not work in anything.Amcamp does not say that there is any problems but there is just a black screen in the window...the ps3 red light wont even pop up

Posted: 21 October 2008 04:29 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-17

Thanks for the fix on that x64 install, Alex. Has anyone tried to use this with Nerovision to capture? Mine won’t recognize the device on the latest version of Nero 8 Ultra

Posted: 21 October 2008 10:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26
Total Posts:  62

Upon testing resolutions and speeds I found something that I didn’t expect.  When using the 320x240@125fps, I initially found the fps counter in the cmd prompt to only go up to about 80fps max.  I was about to take a screen shot when I minimized the windows and saw the speed jump up to 100fps.  After a while, I decided to close the windows where the settings are adjusted and video is displayed and found the speed to go to the desired 125fps (one time it said 126fps :-D)

So with this I decided to look at the effects on some of the other resolutions and found that 640x480@60 and @75fps those did not work on my computer.  At the 640x480@50fps gave me a fairly steady 25fps after closing all the video feedback windows.  Instantly my thoughts went to what I’ve read about camera’s duplicating pixels to boast of higher frames per second.  I wonder if something to that effect could be occurring at that setting for me.
The effect having windows displaying the output from the camera surprised me due to the fact that I just built this computer about a week ago and feel that it should be able to handle the high fps camera input and display it on the screen since this works well in the test application.  All modes work in the test app but not when selected for the TouchLib r400.  If screenshots are desired I will post them.
The specifications of the computer used in this case are as follows

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz with 1066FSB
XFA GeForce 8800 GT
4 x1GB Dual Channel DDR2 RAM

I don’t know how exactly this would affect imaging or even what all of those things mean (I know some of them).
I hope this helps your Development!

UPDATE: Sorry forgot to say I’m running Vista!

Posted: 22 October 2008 02:07 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
oaa8 - 21 October 2008 10:09 PM

Upon testing resolutions and speeds I found something that I didn’t expect.  When using the 320x240@125fps, I initially found the fps counter in the cmd prompt to only go up to about 80fps max.  I was about to take a screen shot when I minimized the windows and saw the speed jump up to 100fps.  After a while, I decided to close the windows where the settings are adjusted and video is displayed and found the speed to go to the desired 125fps (one time it said 126fps :-D)

So with this I decided to look at the effects on some of the other resolutions and found that 640x480@60 and @75fps those did not work on my computer.  At the 640x480@50fps gave me a fairly steady 25fps after closing all the video feedback windows.  Instantly my thoughts went to what I’ve read about camera’s duplicating pixels to boast of higher frames per second.  I wonder if something to that effect could be occurring at that setting for me.
The effect having windows displaying the output from the camera surprised me due to the fact that I just built this computer about a week ago and feel that it should be able to handle the high fps camera input and display it on the screen since this works well in the test application.  All modes work in the test app but not when selected for the TouchLib r400.  If screenshots are desired I will post them.
The specifications of the computer used in this case are as follows

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4Ghz with 1066FSB
XFA GeForce 8800 GT
4 x1GB Dual Channel DDR2 RAM

I don’t know how exactly this would affect imaging or even what all of those things mean (I know some of them).
I hope this helps your Development!

Are you running XP of Vista? It is known that having all the filters display their images slow down the processing and consumes high amount of CPU. I assume you were running configapp when this happened. Coming from PS3EyeLib, there is no pixel duplication at the camera level and all the frame rates are real. If you are running Windows XP, you should switch to Vista. In the new PS3EyeLib (v2.0b81021) I used the new scheduling scheme that is only available on Vista, to dramatically improve the capture performance and stability. Are you using the PS3Eye camera on a single USB port?

~Alex

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 22 October 2008 05:54 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26
AlexP - 22 October 2008 02:07 AM

Are you running XP of Vista? It is known that having all the filters display their images slow down the processing and consumes high amount of CPU. I assume you were running configapp when this happened. Coming from PS3EyeLib, there is no pixel duplication at the camera level and all the frame rates are real. If you are running Windows XP, you should switch to Vista. In the new PS3EyeLib (v2.0b81021) I used the new scheduling scheme that is only available on Vista, to dramatically improve the capture performance and stability. Are you using the PS3Eye camera on a single USB port?

~Alex

Yes I am running Vista Home Premium with Aero enabled and I am the PS3 EYE uses one port but I have the mouse, keyboard, infrared remote, and an external harddrive all connected to other ports and a hub.  Sorry about that.  I did test the this on an the XP computer I had originally planned to use and it’s frame rate never reached 125fps.  This was not with the newer one.  I am excited to try this new one and will update you as soon I can test it.

Posted: 22 October 2008 06:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26

I am not sure whether this is a new problem or it has always been this way, but when I tried to test the tbeta, it would not recognize the ps3eye.  In the cmd it showed the first attached image.  I went to AMCAP to see what was going on and it would not display the camera output.  The test app does work though.

EDIT:  The AMCAP works now.  I am not sure why now and not before.  But the tbeta still doesn’t work.

Image Attachments
tbeta error.jpgamcap.jpg

Posted: 25 October 2008 11:10 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26

I finally have an acyclic sheet and I tried to do some test with silicone and rosco using ftir.  I then decided to use the ps3eye with your touchlib.  When running the osc.exe I cant get my blobs to be sent I just get “Square Detected” streaming through the cmd.  It successfully counts how many fingers I have depressed but Sends no blob information.  Could this be something in the config file or is it in your build of touchlib?
EDIT:  Config file for some reason didn’t work.  The touchlib works beautifully with the ps3eye now.  Now to try to get the MTMouse 0.2 to work

Image Attachments
PS3osc.jpgPS3oscgood.jpg

Posted: 26 October 2008 10:11 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-25

how to make this work on MSN?
also i cant capture video always geting video render eror

Posted: 29 October 2008 10:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-13
Total Posts:  31

Hi Alex,
Here are my tests

Latest driver release (2.0b81021) tested
Windows xp SP3

Amcap, Ps3eyeTest work great.
Touchlib build 400 (testapp) works.

Pure Data (object Pix_video) works great with Direct Show filter

but ReacTiVision doesn’t work ("camera not found")

If I had the skills, I would try to link reactivision with your ps3Eye SDK, but I don’t have vc++ 2005 , (only dev-c++), I don’t have the skills, and I did’nt succeed in recompiling Reactivision, even without any change… sorry wink

Anyway, thank you for what you have done.

Jean-Yves

Signature 

** JYG ** Pure Data multitouch/fiducial framework project

2 of 3