5 of 24
Community Core Vision 1.2 Release (tbeta)
Posted: 24 October 2008 08:58 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 61 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

GPU mode is in the very early stages, If performance has not fully proven across platforms. The majority of users won’t find a benefit of using the GPU mode. We kept it in to see on a large scale how many it worked for. So far, it doesn’t work well for very many… we will continue to work with the developers and enhance for future releases.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 25 October 2008 06:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 62 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-17
Total Posts:  15

Congratulation guys. Really nice work.

Posted: 26 October 2008 09:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 63 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
Total Posts:  52

tbeta crashed when I clicked on “use video” and now it always starts saying :
“sorry, there is a problem with quicktime starting up please check!tBeta module has exited!”

- speps.

Signature 

Building MT for games projects : 24” LCD + LLP

Posted: 26 October 2008 01:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 64 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-14
Total Posts:  25

I seem to have some sort of problem. When reading the how to use, It tells me to turn off the Smooth filter. I am using Rear DI, and if i take away smooth it does not recognise anything?

I have Background Remove with Highpass and it doesnt see any blobs.. Any ideas?

Thanks for the new tracker. Looks awesome

Posted: 26 October 2008 01:51 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 65 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

I’m not sure what you mean it doesn’t see anything. Turning off smooth filter, will make it not show anything in the smooth filter window. Then you adjust highpass and threshold. Sounds like you might have the threshold too high, or might need to also turn on amplify.

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 26 October 2008 02:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 66 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-14

I have tried everything, I have turned on Highpass and Amplify, and Threshold is around 4-5 and even if i take it up to the max, it picks up nothing. It only then starts registering blobs as soon as i put the smooth filter on again. But the blobs are very feint in size compared to those of Touchlib. It is indeed strange but i can post screenshots of the 2.. with my settings.

Posted: 26 October 2008 02:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 67 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-05-14

Here i am posting 3 images, 2 with tbeta with and without amplify filter and the other with touchlib.

touchlib.jpg
tbeta.JPG
tbeta_no_amplify.JPG

As you can see tbeta is not registering my blobs :~(

Please excuse the large images, I am new to posting images and im not sure how.

I found the problem.. The problem seemed to be with the GPU mode, I have a 8800GT and when i deselect GPU mode it works without the smooth filter, but the main image under pressure map just shows as black. Whereas if it is in GPU mode then the picture or the webcam actually shows. Very weird but it works awesome now. Thanks

Posted: 26 October 2008 02:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 68 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

I see the problem. You’re using GPU mode. You do need the smooth filter on for GPU mode I believe (I’ll have to fix that in next release).

Unfortunately, GPU mode is not fully finished yet. To tell if it’s actual worth using GPU mode, you should check the DSP value in GPU mode to see if it’s less than without GPU mode. If it’s not, then you shouldn’t use GPU mode. Also, Amplify doesn’t currently work on GPU mode.

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 26 October 2008 06:56 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 69 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-06-17
Total Posts:  98

How do you get mousedriver or smoke app to work under Tbeta.  I’m hoping tbeta solves my problems with false touches causing mousedriver to send 0,0 as a touch coordinate.

Signature 

Touchmaster
Multi-Touch Development Inc.
Project:
CompuTable
http://twitter.com/computable
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/CompuTable78
Blog: http://computouch.blogspot.com/

Posted: 26 October 2008 06:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 70 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

None of the c++ demos work with tbeta right now. They will have to be recompiled and integrated.

As for your (0,0) issues, that most likley do to noise and IR leakage. When a 0,0 point is found in touchlib, it is a point outside of the calibration grid, meaning it’s seeing a touch outside of where your screen is. So, make sure to cover IR leakage and other things beforehand.

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 27 October 2008 01:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 71 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-27
Total Posts:  1

hey i need help, i download the multimouse thing and the tbeta and they all came up wuth errors and i cant instal anything or run anything. any help would be grate

Posted: 27 October 2008 08:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 72 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-02
Total Posts:  5
cerupcat - 23 October 2008 12:41 PM

@ M. van Veen: Yeah, you can’t use the CMU driver with tbeta as it’s not supported. But, the good thing is, the directshow driver for tbeta is just as fast as the CMU driver. So go back and use the normal driver that came with your fire-i and it’ll work.

I tried it with the newest fire i driver and it works perfectly. Also it is far more accurate after calibration than our old software.
Thnx! keep up the good work.

Posted: 27 October 2008 04:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 73 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-09-25
Total Posts:  13

Any news on the fps problem with Firefly MV. On the old touchlib I get great speed up to 120 fps but with tbeta only 5 fps. Any clues to why?

Best regards,

/Mijo

Posted: 27 October 2008 04:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 74 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

Mijo: You have to be more specific. For example, what resolution are you using and have you changed the fps in the config.xml file? Also, I recommend running amcap or other video capture software to set everything up and make sure it’s running at the desired rate, then opening tbeta since tbeta will use those last used settings.

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 27 October 2008 05:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 75 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-04
Total Posts:  565
Elite

Hi i have what is probably a very simple problem to fix.  When i try and launch Launch_FLOSC_Gateway.sh in terminal once i press enter this happens /Users/my name/Documents/demos/Launch_FLOSC_Gateway.sh: Permission denied Why is this?  Probably really simple to most but i am stumped.

Any help as always is much appreciated.

Signature 

}---)))@

V JAY!  http://www.v-lux.net LASER tut http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/6407/

Architectural Technician and Building Surveys

http://www.jpgainsfordassociates.com

5 of 24