1 of 3
touchWorldWind Beta Release Page
Posted: 02 November 2008 08:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

As promised this the beta release of touchWorldWind a Nasa World Wind multi-touch plugin.

You can download it HERE

Before posting any questions, please read the touchWorldWind - ReadMe

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube

Posted: 02 November 2008 08:22 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-09
Total Posts:  905

Awesome taha! It works great for me with TouchLib - not with tBeta though - i think anubisbot noticed that too.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks a lot
rbedi100

Signature 

My Multi Touch Blog
Join us on NUI Chat !
Read Multi-Touch Technologies Book!

Posted: 02 November 2008 08:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12

Yeah there is a issue with tbeta’s TUIO communication… it should be fixed soon cerupcat’s been on it.

Signature 

My Youtube

Posted: 02 November 2008 09:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

Looking great Taha… !!! Really impressive… and great release documentation… very well designed smile

Is this the java version? its great how open WorldWind is… so many available plugins etc.

As for the TUIO issues they are already fixed just gotta release new batch of tbeta bins.

Signature 

~

Posted: 02 November 2008 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12

No this is the .Net Version… Im still resolving some last minute issues with the java version it should be released soon hopefully

Signature 

My Youtube

Posted: 03 November 2008 12:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26
Total Posts:  62

Great work Taha!  I just borrowed a projector to test out my MT and show off the capabilities to my folks and I see that you’ve released the new plug-in.  Great timing for me and it worked much better than the previous one I struggled with.  There is still some random twisting of the globe but that may be specific to me since I don’t have a good setup yet.  Could be some false blobs.  Good luck with your work.

Posted: 03 November 2008 12:15 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12

oaa8 yeah you are right there are still some issues pertaining to Rotate gesture that we are trying to fix… but it looks like im gonna have to rewrite the code for it rather than tweak it.... and that may take a bit of time.

Signature 

My Youtube

Posted: 03 November 2008 01:53 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-08-10
Total Posts:  181

OMG… thank you

Posted: 03 November 2008 06:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26

Just curious.  Did you test write this using your multitouch display or did you use a TUIO simulator.  If you used the simulator, how did you do it because I noticed the World Wind doesn’t display inputs unless the WorldWind window is the active one in focus.

Posted: 03 November 2008 08:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-04-30
Total Posts:  321
oaa8 - 03 November 2008 06:41 PM

Just curious.  Did you test write this using your multitouch display or did you use a TUIO simulator.

I’m not sure how you would get it to work with the TUIO simulator but if you have everything set up correctly it should read the TUOI/OSC data anyways.

Signature 

I’m bad about monitoring posts so if you have a question regarding something I’ve said, then just send me a PM.

Posted: 03 November 2008 08:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-08-26

Yeah I saw that he had the table in the video but I was just curious about testing because I thought it may have been tedious to wright gesture data and then go over to the mt table to test it and then go back to the computer to make changes and so on.  I at first tried to use tuio to see if the plugin was loaded correctly then noticed that although the tuio/osc data was being sent, no movement in the actual worldwind screen can be seen unless that window is the window in focus (at least on my computer Vista Home Edition), and since to use the TUIO simulator you have to click into another window, world wind cannot be in focus to display the results of the simulated gestures.  Thats what I meant.  Sorry for the confusion.

Posted: 03 November 2008 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12

oaa8, you are correct that you can not use the TUIO simulator, that is like one of the major issues, fairlane and i are trying to resolve this, for some reason i the application has to be on top for the inputs to be registered… for testing what i did was i used the touchlib’s capability to load video files for testing, i recorded a bunch of simple gestures for zoom, tilt and pan and i used that to test the application during the building and debugging phase, you could use the simple-2point.avi on the svn and try this your self…

Signature 

My Youtube

Posted: 05 November 2008 03:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04
Total Posts:  676

A big thank you to Taha for his efforts in providing documentation for this release…
I have been relaxing in Fiji this past week, and did not have access to the internet. tongue wink

Please note that touchWorldWind is still a beta version and has only been released due to popular demand.
There are still some ironing out to do with some of the gestures etc, that Taha and I are working on…

Having said that, enjoy the download! We want to see videos wink

Great job with the banner too guys! grin

Signature 

Get Sparked at sparkon.net
ORION Multi-Touch Display (blog)
My YouTube

Posted: 05 November 2008 08:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-15
Total Posts:  14
Fairlane - 05 November 2008 03:54 PM

A big thank you to Taha for his efforts in providing documentation for this release…
I have been relaxing in Fiji this past week, and did not have access to the internet. tongue wink

Please note that touchWorldWind is still a beta version and has only been released due to popular demand.
There are still some ironing out to do with some of the gestures etc, that Taha and I are working on…

Having said that, enjoy the download! We want to see videos wink

Great job with the banner too guys! grin

Best regards to you, and why your video proforms well without any mistakes, is there any improvement with touchlib or tbeta?

Posted: 05 November 2008 09:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04
Total Posts:  676

hey there bbgg, our videos have errors too, however it does make a difference how your table/wall performs overall..
NWW can consume a lot of system resources if it is constantly updating images from the internet.
This means, that you may get a pause while NWW loads more images and can cause performance issues with the touchWorldWind plugin.

This beta version of touchWorldWind is basically what we’re using/improving at the moment.

Signature 

Get Sparked at sparkon.net
ORION Multi-Touch Display (blog)
My YouTube

Posted: 07 November 2008 05:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-04
Total Posts:  41

This is awesome!  Thank you.

1 of 3

‹‹ X13-MTBox      portable LLP 'overlay' ››