Bibliography
Posted: 15 December 2008 07:07 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-11-29
Total Posts:  153

Thought it might be nice to share refferences.

Pinelle, D., Nacenta, M., Gutwin, C., and Stach, T. 2008. The effects of co-present embodiments on awareness and collaboration in tabletop groupware. In Proceedings of Graphics interface 2008 (Windsor, Ontario, Canada, May 28 - 30, 2008). ACM International Conference Proceeding Series, vol. 322. Canadian Information Processing Society, Toronto, Ont., Canada, 1-8.

Müller-Tomfelde, C. and Schremmer, C. 2008. Touchers and mousers: commonalities and differences in co-located collaboration with multiple input devices. In Proceeding of the Twenty-Sixth Annual SIGCHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (Florence, Italy, April 05 - 10, 2008). CHI ‘08. ACM, New York, NY, 1149-1152. DOI= http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1357054.1357234

Gross, T., Fetter, M., and Liebsch, S. 2008. The cuetable: cooperative and competitive multi-touch interaction on a tabletop. In CHI ‘08 Extended Abstracts on Human Factors in Computing Systems (Florence, Italy, April 05 - 10, 2008). CHI ‘08. ACM, New York, NY, 3465-3470. DOI= http://doi.acm.org/10.1145/1358628.1358875

A Agarwal, S Izadi, M Chandraker, and A Blake. High precision multi-touch sensing on surfaces using overhead cameras. Second Annual IEEE International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human- Computer System, 2007.

H Benko, A Wilson, and P Baudisch. Precise selection techniques for multi-touch screens. Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human Factors in computing systems, Jan 2006.

Bill Buxton. Multi-touch systems that i have known and loved. http://www.billbuxton.com/multitouchoverview.html. 2007.

J Crowley. Things that see: Context-aware multi-modal interaction. KI-Zeitschrift Knstliche Intelligenz, Jan 2005.

P Davidson and J Han. Synthesis and control on large scale multi-touch sensing displays. Proceedings of the 2006 conference on New interfaces for musical expression, Jan 2006.

R Diaz-Marino, E Tse, and S Greenberg. Programming for multiple touches and multiple users: A toolkit for the diamondtouch hardware. Fifth International Conference on Multimodal Interfaces, 2003.

P Dietz and D Leigh. Diamondtouch: a multi-user touch technology. Proceedings of the 14th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, Jan 2001.

A Esenther, C Forlines, K Ryall, and S Shipman. Diamondtouch sdk: Support for multi-user, multi-touch applications. ACM Conference on Computer Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW), Jan 2002.

C Forlines, D Wigdor, C Shen, and R Balakrishnan. Direct-touch vs. mouse input for tabletop displays. Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, Jan 2007.

J Han. Low-cost multi-touch sensing through frustrated total internal reflection. Proceedings of the 18th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, 2005.

S Hodges, S Izadi, A Butler, A Rrustemi, and B Buxton. Thinsight: versatile multi-touch sensing for thin form-factor displays. Proceedings of the 20th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, Jan 2007.

J Hourcade and B Bederson. Architecture and implementation of a java package for multiple input devices (mid). Human-Computer Interaction Laboratory University of Maryland, 1999.

J Hourcade, B Bederson, and A Druin. Building kidpad: an application for children’s collaborative storytelling. Software Practice and Experience, Jan 2004.

J.P. Hourcade, B.B. Bederson, A. Druin, and F. Guimbretiere. Differences in pointing task performance between preschool children and adults using mice. ACM Transactions on Computer-Human Interaction,11(4), 357-386, Jan 2004.

J Kim, J Park, H Kim, and C Lee. Hci (human computer interaction) using multi-touch tabletop display. Communications, Jan 2007.

T Moscovich. Multi-touch interaction. CHI ’06: CHI ’06 extended abstracts on Human factors in computing systems, Jan 2006.

V Nichols and J Steven. New interfaces at the touch of a fingertip. Computer, Jan 2007.

C Pinhanez, R Kjeldsen, L Tang, and A Levas. Creating touch-screens anywhere with interactive projected displays. Proceedings of the eleventh ACM international conference on Multimedia, Jan 2003.

J Rekimoto. Smartskin: an infrastructure for freehand manipulation on interactive surfaces. Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, Jan 2002.

K Ryall. Multi-user input for tabletop environments: Who is touching where, when. Workshop in ACM CSCW 2002 Conference on Computer Suported Cooperative Work, November, 2002, 2002.

K Ryall, M Morris, K Everitt, C Forlines, and C Shen. Experiences with and observations of direct-touch tabletops. Proceedings of IEEE TableTop the International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human- Computer Systems,
Jan 2006.

L Terrenghi, D Kirk, A Sellen, and S Izadi. Affordances for manipulation of physical versus digital media on interactive surfaces. Proceedings of the SIGCHI conference on Human factors in computing systems, Jan 2007.

A Toney and B Thomas. Considering reach in tangible and table top design. First IEEE International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human-Computer Systems, Jan 2006.

E Tse and S Greenberg. SDGToolkit: A toolkit for rapidly prototyping single display groupware. Poster in ACM CSCW ’2002 Conference on Computer Suported Cooperative Work, November, 2002.

W Westerman. Hand tracking, finger identification, and chordic manipulation on a multi-touch surface. PhD Thesis, University of Delaware, Jan 1999.

W Westerman and J Elias. Multi-touch system and method for emulating modifier keys via fingertip chords. US Patent 6,570,557, Jan 2003.

W Westerman, J Elias, and A Hedge. Multi-touch: A new tactile 2-d gesture interface for human-computer interaction. Annual Proceedings of the Human Factors and Ergonomics Society, Jan 2001.

D Wigdor, G Penn, K Ryall, A Esenther, and C Shen. Living with a tabletop: Analysis and observations of long term office use of a multitouch table. Second Annual IEEE International Workshop on Horizontal Interactive Human-Computer System, Jan 2007.

A Wilson. PlayAnywhere: a compact interactive tabletop projectionvision system. Proceedings of the 18th annual ACM symposium on User interface software and technology, Jan 2005.

Signature 

http://blog.tehansen.de
http://cs.uiowa.edu/~tehansen

Posted: 07 January 2009 05:43 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29
Total Posts:  42

Hi, thanks for the shared work. I’ve been recently doing the same but putting all the bib. together in a citeulike.org account.

You can see it here: http://www.citeulike.org/user/pfcgonzalo

Regards.

Gonzalo.

Posted: 17 January 2009 02:14 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-18
Total Posts:  30

great stuff, thanks!

Posted: 19 January 2009 06:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

It’ll be good to have all the new papers/articles/refferences/techniques concerning multi-touch in here. You’re welcome to collaborate!

Posted: 20 January 2009 07:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

I just found this: http://citeulike.livejournal.com/11953.html

An opensource API for citeulike. This could mean we could possibly integrate citeulike into nuigroup so people don’t have to go somewhere else.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 20 January 2009 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

On second look, citeulike isn’t opensource, only writing plugins are.

Connotea on the other hand is opensource. Would be cool to integrate it if anyone has time to look into this. http://www.connotea.org/faq#opensource

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 21 January 2009 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29
Seth (cerupcat) - 20 January 2009 07:47 PM

On second look, citeulike isn’t opensource, only writing plugins are.

Connotea on the other hand is opensource. Would be cool to integrate it if anyone has time to look into this. http://www.connotea.org/faq#opensource

If anyone is interested, you’ll find in this post attached a document which compares connotea and citeulike. In my case, as I am using citeulike, the main problem I have is how to export my citeulike library to the connotea one. I’ll look if any way other than the “manual” is possible.

File Attachments
ToolsEvaluation.doc  (File Size: 46KB - Downloads: 340)

Posted: 21 January 2009 05:02 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

Finally, it was really easy to export the citeulike library to the connotea one. Just export the first one as a Bibtex file and upload it in the other. It doesn’t look that simple in the opposite way.

This said, I suggest we carry on with the idea of making a “nui-bibliography”.

My connotea url: http://www.connotea.org/user/pfcgonzalo

Regards,

Gonzalo.

Posted: 16 February 2009 11:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-09-29

How is the Drupal solution going Seth? I’m excited!

Best regards,

Gonzalo.

Posted: 06 September 2009 09:50 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-08-15
Total Posts:  20

Thanks a lot for compiling a list.  I’m doing my final semester research paper on using multi-touch devices and interfaces in the creative process, particularly composition and performance, although I may drop the performance part if I have too much.  This will give me a lot of stuff that I can reference in this relatively new field.

Posted: 31 July 2011 06:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-07-25
Total Posts:  1

Hi everyone, im new to the forums and i was wondering if anyone know how to promote a website or possible help me with it, or even link me to someone who can do such a job. 

Thanks in advance!!!