1 of 3
Alpha release of Moonlight Vision Loader !! Download is Upnow!! 
Posted: 05 January 2009 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
Total Posts:  64

Alpha release of Moonlight Vision Loader !!
Yes another finger tracker beside touchlib and tbeta and so many other.

What is the difference you may ask,
ok for one thing you can start the moonlight software and from there on you can start the app you use from a menu bar.
The best is you also can send data to flash with out flosc so u receive in flash finger down finger moved and finger released.
You can start c++ app what listen to TCP or OSC and the moonlight software will start the needed server inside.
But you also can use your old style flash app over flosc. So u can have a mixed start menu of flash, c++, or what ever exe. file listen to tcp raw data or osc.
So u press what u want to start and moonlight does the rest. You can change the icons in the xml file also thee location and order, u need to setup the pressure index by trying to see what is good for your system
or just 0 for now pressure sensitive buttons.

Beside that we have some nice fluid animation going on for fun in the moonlight software it self. Thanks to Memo from Memo.TV for the good code.

All is build in openframeworks.cc and also a great thanks to zach/theo from the of OF community… Also thanks to Stefan/Nortd for their ofxTouch OF addon for multi-touch tracking.

and i have to setup a xml file for those with smaller screens than 1680x1050.

Ok later today i will make a smal short video

Ok if you have ideas for more or better features just let me know.

Update: so i just packed it but still with the xml files for 1680x1050 so u have to edit the xml file in the floder apps, and change the obj y to what you will need.

Link: Moonlight Av1.0

Image Attachments
Moonlight_Alpha1.jpgMoonlight_Alpha2.jpg
 Signature 

MTIS Solutions
MT Research and Software Solutions

Posted: 05 January 2009 05:07 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-26
Total Posts:  2

Perfect ...
Could put the source code for download
Thank you very much
Work really spectacular

Signature 

Mecatronix Automation System Engineering & Machine Manufacturing
Goiania GO Brasil.

Posted: 05 January 2009 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23
Total Posts:  114

wow, realy nice work, gratz

I have tried it but I run into some troubles.

it´s possible to move this “vision wrap” window to the left? I can´t use the full size of my table.
.. and I just got one big blob, but I think I just have to “calibrate” it correct.

thx

PS: realy nice fps values at the moment smile

Image Attachments
moon.jpg

Posted: 05 January 2009 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12

yes you can press one more time enter on the selected corner and then use the arrow keys to move the corner, and the same with the vision warp..
its a bit tricky, but i have to check the source code if i have disabled some of the picture warp… i will change the calibration to faster way.

And write up some more details on how to setup and what functions are hidden, but since it a alpha release i will not make to much fuss to write some nice doc.
Just ask if some is not working.

from the left to the right the inluded symbols are

1 get into vision calibration, u also can use the ctrl +s.
2 subtract background, but it has a bug in it and will capture your finger while pressing, will be fixed in the next release.
3 start the raw tcp server to talk to flash directly no flosc needed, and i will include a fla file in the next release with the basic as3 setup
4 start tuio for normal flosc flash apps,
5 starts the test flash app to show direct connection, just a simple example

and all other can be paced beside it, the good thing is
you can set a menu item to type 0 or 1 0 will automatic switch to tcp direct connection and 1will switch to tuio so you don’t need to switch server in between apps

Signature 

MTIS Solutions

Posted: 05 January 2009 05:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23

hi,
year, I checked it how to move this box, but it´s not possible to move this box to the left any more, (<0) I only can make that box even smaller. smile

but keep on working, amazing stuff

Posted: 05 January 2009 06:43 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
Viper - 05 January 2009 05:25 PM

hi,
year, I checked it how to move this box, but it´s not possible to move this box to the left any more, (<0) I only can make that box even smaller. smile

but keep on working, amazing stuff

try this, just replace the file link : Update for 1280x1024 only...

when this works for you, i will make more diffrent resus like 1024x768.

Best regards Anuibsbot

Signature 

MTIS Solutions

Posted: 05 January 2009 11:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Looks interesting. It look like you’re using ofxTouch for filters, calibration, and tracking and memo’s Glastonbury code for the background animation and effects?  Maybe you’d like to merge some of this into tbeta since we’re both using openframeworks and have made improvements to the core.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 05 January 2009 11:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
cerupcat - 05 January 2009 11:28 PM

Looks interesting. It look like you’re using ofxTouch for filters, calibration, and tracking?  Maybe you’d like to merge some of this into tbeta since we’re both using openframeworks and have made improvements to the core.

Yes i do use ofxtouch plug in, for OF. And yes i would like to merge some code from tbeta into moonlight, i like the calibration, but i also like the calibration approch from stefanx.
With the chess board printout. so the system it self can figure the best values out. 

I also like the idea of using gpucv instead of using opencv, but thats for the future. Right now i work on improvements in the TCP OSC area, since of cant recognize if a clients is died,
and i need the info to automate the system more.

Also there is some need to make some flash samples what use the raw data mode so flash does not have to do so much calculation and also can send data back to moonlight.

Best regards Anubisbot

Signature 

MTIS Solutions

Posted: 06 January 2009 12:19 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

I meant more about merging into a single project.

The chessboard can be good, but there’s also some problems with using the chessboard and can be slightly more cpu intensive. Also the chessboard does unwarpping and not necessarily calibration (thus the screen warp). The way we calibrate in tbeta is actually the same method as jeff han (with touch points) and fairly fast.

As for GPU, there’s no real proof suggesting it’ll be faster (even though we have gpu filters in tbeta). Until images get larger than 640 x 480, the gpu doesn’t prove as useful. 

Also, not sure what you mean, “so flash does not have to do so much calculation”? Can you give an example?

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 06 January 2009 01:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
cerupcat - 06 January 2009 12:19 AM

I meant more about merging into a single project.

The chessboard can be good, but there’s also some problems with using the chessboard and can be slightly more cpu intensive. Also the chessboard does unwarpping and not necessarily calibration (thus the screen warp). The way we calibrate in tbeta is actually the same method as jeff han (with touch points) and fairly fast.

As for GPU, there’s no real proof suggesting it’ll be faster (even though we have gpu filters in tbeta). Until images get larger than 640 x 480, the gpu doesn’t prove as useful. 

Also, not sure what you mean, “so flash does not have to do so much calculation”? Can you give an example?

What i mean, i send raw data bytes to flash direct, (Mode, ID, X,Y,Pressure) mode tells flash what it is like finger down up and moved. that makes 2 int and 3 floats each has 4 bytes.
So flash does not have to see if a finger has moved, instead can react a bit faster and makes some software dev easier.

no i would like to keep the projects separate , due to the fact that we started it because touchlib and tbeta didn’t work out for us, to many fancy filters and to much cpu use.
And no control over the source code in tbeta So i wrote my own.
Moonlight uses 10% less on my cpu compared to tbeta and its running fluid simulation smile And our goal is not to use it as a multi purpose platform, we aim for perfection for our hardware.
LCD MT Setups. And if some one can use it on there system we are happy for it, and are willing to improve things.

Best regards Anubisbot

Signature 

MTIS Solutions

Posted: 06 January 2009 02:01 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-01-05
Total Posts:  163
Anubisbot - 05 January 2009 03:36 PM

@Anubisbot:

Do you mind adding your company to the Multitouch Business Directory (http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Multitouch_Business_Directory) ?

PS: I couldn’t make your site work under Linux, flash issue?

Thanks.

Best
Görkem

Posted: 06 January 2009 02:13 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
gorkem - 06 January 2009 02:01 AM

Anubisbot - 05 January 2009 03:36 PM

@Anubisbot:

Do you mind adding your company to the Multitouch Business Directory (http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Multitouch_Business_Directory) ?

PS: I couldn’t make your site work under Linux, flash issue?

Thanks.

Best
Görkem

No i dont mind,
Its MTIS Solutions in canada ontario, what we offer :complete solutions & ready to use MT Displays. website u know smile its not finished yet, but thanks for the tip i will lock into it

Best regards Anubisbot

Signature 

MTIS Solutions

Posted: 06 January 2009 05:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-23
Anubisbot - 05 January 2009 06:43 PM

try this, just replace the file link : Update for 1280x1024 only...

when this works for you, i will make more diffrent resus like 1024x768.

Best regards Anuibsbot

wow Anuibsbot, thx for the fix
now it works great @ 1280*1024

Best regards

Image Attachments
moon.jpg

Posted: 06 January 2009 10:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12

Ok good to hear, so i will make a patch file for 1024x768.
And also start cleaning up the code a bit, and fixing the recapture button, so it will recapture the background 1 second after the press, so the pressing finger does not get burned in the background picture : )

How are the frame rate, and the cpu usage?? 

Best regards
Anubisbot

Signature 

MTIS Solutions

Posted: 06 January 2009 11:23 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-12-12
Total Posts:  116
Anubisbot - 06 January 2009 10:17 AM

Wow~ Thanks!  This is just beautiful.  I’m able to achieve my full 30fps with Moonlight, so I’m excited. 

I’m having some problems that must have a simple solution.  After I open moonlight.exe all I get is the background animation.  It picks up my fingers, but I can’t get to a calibration screen.  There are no buttons anywhere or camera capture image.  It’s definitely capturing my camera, but I just get that great animation on the screen.  What am I missing?

*edit*
I did try hitting the enter key and other keys.  I exited fullscreen and hit the c button.  The space key seemed to do a background remove and the k key gave me resolution/fps info.  But I never got anything else to come up.

Signature 

http://multitouchproject.blogspot.com/

Posted: 06 January 2009 11:39 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-10-12
soybomb - 06 January 2009 11:23 AM

Anubisbot - 06 January 2009 10:17 AM

Wow~ Thanks!  This is just beautiful.  I’m able to achieve my full 30fps with Moonlight, so I’m excited. 

I’m having some problems that must have a simple solution.  After I open moonlight.exe all I get is the background animation.  It picks up my fingers, but I can’t get to a calibration screen.  There are no buttons anywhere or camera capture image.  It’s definitely capturing my camera, but there’s nothing but spacey killer animation on the screen.  What am I missing?

Simple to fix, go into the apps folder there are 2 files 1 is the flash test file for raw mode, and the other is the xml settings file, open it
and change all the y values form the Obj makers from 900 to 618. that should help. Let me know.

Signature 

MTIS Solutions

1 of 3