1 of 7
CCV PS3 Eye Test Version - Please help us test
Posted: 06 January 2009 02:53 PM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

<font color="#FF0000">This thread has been closed since a new version of tbeta (now known as Community Core Vision or CCV) has been released. You can get that here: http://ccv.nuigroup.com</font>

Hey everyone, we have added PS3 Eye camera support to windows tbeta and need your help in testing.

***This version of tbeta only works with the ps3 eye cameras on wndows for testing reasons.***

The default config.xml file is set to run at 320 x 240 @ 100fps. You can change the resolution and/or fps by editing the config.xml (bin folder->data folder->config.xml). The same setup guidelines apply to this version of tbeta as any other version, so please see the getting started guide if you have other questions. http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Getting_Started_with_tbeta

Requirements: Latest version of AlexP’s PS3 Eye driver released on 12-31-08 (v2.0b81231): http://alexpopovich.wordpress.com/2008/10/02/sony-ps3eye-camera-directshow-capture-source-filter/

<center>
?ACT=28&fid=27&aid=2266_9t6WzlDnapAGzzDi1223
Yes, the fps you’re seeing is right!  320 x 240 @ 124fps. smile</center>

You can help us test this by letting us know how your PS3 camera works with this version of tbeta. Please list what resolutions and fps you are/aren’t able to achieve with this test release. For best results, put tbeta into mini mode ‘spacebar’ once you’re done configuring. Mini mode will give higher framerate and lower CPU usage.

<center>Download Tbeta PS3 v1.1</center>

Please post your results like the following:

320x240

15fps - works
30fps - works
60fps - works
75fps - works
100fps - works
125fps - works

640x480

30fps - works
40fps - works
50fps - crashes
60fps - crashes
75fps - crashes

This thread will be closed once the next final release of tbeta (with PS3 support) is released. For those wanting source, please be patient. We’ll be releasing source soon and will need your help so we can improve the quality of tbeta even more.

Image Attachments
ps3tbeta.JPG
 Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 06 January 2009 05:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04
Total Posts:  676

Great news Seth! I’ve been waiting for this release… I’ll let you know how it goes..

Signature 

Get Sparked at sparkon.net
ORION Multi-Touch Display (blog)
My YouTube

Posted: 06 January 2009 05:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-07-19
Total Posts:  111

ouh waiting for this too!! smile
i`ll test on saturday and will report!

THX!

Posted: 06 January 2009 06:33 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-09-18
Total Posts:  882

That’s a great news , Cerupcat!
i ‘ll test that this week !
Thxs

Signature 

How many touches can you simultaneously perform ? 
Coming soon : EveryWall MT / Multi LaserPointers / MT SMS Wall
le WIKI en Fran├žais

Posted: 06 January 2009 07:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Here are my results:

320x240

15fps - works
30fps - works
60fps - works
75fps - works
100fps - works
125fps - works

640x480

30fps - crashes
40fps - crashes
50fps - crashes
60fps - crashes
75fps - crashes

I am running on a 3.0Ghz P4, windows vista ultimate, 3Gb Ram, nVidia 8600GTS

When the 640x480 resolution is configured in the config file, and then tbeta is ran, the cmd window loads all good, and says tbeta is setup!… and then attempts to open the tbeta GUI window, and crashes, saying it has stopped working.  Hmmmm....

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 06 January 2009 07:09 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

peau, can you post your xml file. The top part where it says you can edit blah blah....

Also, do you have this same issue running 640 x 480 with your other camera on the release version of tbeta?

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 06 January 2009 07:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Dedicated

Uh.. Im only editing the numbers between the width, height, and framerate accordingly...so lets say I wanted to run 640x480 at 30fps, Id do this:

<!--// CAMERA SETTINGS // -->

<CAMERA_0>
        <
USECAMERA>1</USECAMERA>
        <
DEVICE>0</DEVICE>
        <
WIDTH>640</WIDTH>
        <
HEIGHT>480</HEIGHT>
        <
FRAMERATE>30</FRAMERATE>
    </
CAMERA_0>

Which doesnt work and crashed it....but if I reverse the 480 and 640, I get a really messed up image as seen in attached file, and the settings reverts back to 320x240 and 15fps...weird.

By the way, in the attached image, those white “squares” on the bottom are actually a duplication of my entire screen 3 times going across (i see my fingers move around multiple spots).  I didnt hit “b” on the messed up image, fyi.

Image Attachments
tbeta_ps3 rez test.jpg
 Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 06 January 2009 09:19 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-19
Total Posts:  25

The software works but I think I did something wrong while modding the ps3eye

Screenshots of the results attached

If someone could tell me what this means, it would be great and much appreciated

Image Attachments
ps3eye test.jpgps3eye test2.jpg

Posted: 06 January 2009 11:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

I don’t see anything wrong. You need to hit the background remove button is all I think. Also, make sure you follow the getting started guide here http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Getting_Started_with_tbeta which has more information.

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 07 January 2009 05:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-19
Total Posts:  25
cerupcat - 06 January 2009 11:50 PM

I don’t see anything wrong. You need to hit the background remove button is all I think. Also, make sure you follow the getting started guide here http://wiki.nuigroup.com/Getting_Started_with_tbeta which has more information.

Well, the biggest problem is the top edge. For some reason, there is a constant blob on the edge of the live feed. I have a feeling that this didn’t exist until the IR filter was removed as well as its seal. Any ideas?

Posted: 07 January 2009 01:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

well evanist00, you’re not using a diffuser (projection material) or anything it seems and this will cause problems. This isn’t really a tbeta issue, more of a hardware setup issue; i’m not sure which technique you’re attempting.

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 07 January 2009 02:38 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-04-14
Total Posts:  148

Hi,

I tested this version on 3 different configurations running XP SP3 (1 notebook 2 desktops, all core2duo)

First of all, great release smile

The problem with my tests is that I am unable to run the latest DShow driver from alex because it only works in the test app, any other software fails to recognize the cam. I don;t know if it’s Vista related since I only use XP but I tested tbeta with the “almost” latest driver 0.8111…

All configs work ok, just that when I select frame rates higher than 100 then tbeta is reporting only 15 fps (the real speed is >100 though)

I am unable to select the cam controls (maybe because I don;t use the latest version of the drivers)

GPU mode freezes completely tbeta when selected on the laptop with integrated intel vc (I have to manually modify the config file to disable gpu mode)

Everything else works as it should, the speed is impressive.

P.S. not thread related but am I the only one with a nasty flicker on my ps3? I seem to catch every AC frequency change on the planet when I work with it.

Signature 

VISION DECK, FTIR MULTI-TOUCH SYSTEM
Spectral analysis of Multi-touch IR LEDs and FILTERS

Posted: 07 January 2009 03:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

thanks for the report madian.

I forgot to mention, i’ve disabled GPU mode. So that won’t work.

I’m not sure about the directshow driver. Sounds like it worked for the most part right? There’s only one framerate higher than 100 and that’s 125. If you run 125, make sure you put it in mini mode to see what it’s running at. Just because you put the camera at a certain fps doesn’t mean that’s the fps you get. If tbeta says you’re getting 15fps it’s because you’re really only getting 15fps.

I haven’t seen the flicker I don’t think.

Signature 

Follow on:

Posted: 07 January 2009 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Dedicated

So no one besides cerupcat has tested and reported problems when running at 640x480?

Signature 

Multitouch Blog

Posted: 07 January 2009 05:03 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-12-04
Total Posts:  20

i get the same problems running xp:
the preset 320x240@100 works fine, when i change to 640x480 (no matter which fps) or 320x240@120fps, tbeta loads, displays a few frames (if at all) an then quits… after changing back to 320x240@>=100fps, the problem is still there :(

my system (my workstation): xp (maybe some special version (atm i’m at linux...))
intel e8400 @ 3.7GHz (OC from 3.0GHz) and a GeForce 8800 GTS 512
i’m going to test it on my vista-laptop and on the actual touchscreen computer too…

besides this issue, my ps3 eye is running extremly well :D (high fps, no latency and a (relative) easy removable filter (i think it’s even possible to remove just the ir-coating with the appropriate tools)

greetings, iliis

Signature 

/* no comment */

Posted: 07 January 2009 05:18 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Dedicated

illis: in the ps3 test app are you able to achieve 640 x 480 with different fps?

For everyone, if you’re not able to run the ps3 test app at certain resolutions/framerates you won’t be able to in tbeta either.

Signature 

Follow on:

1 of 7