Okey, i got some interesting results. First my table:
after a fresh boot:
15fps - test-app: works - tbeta: works
30fps - test-app: works - tbeta: works
60fps - test-app: works - tbeta: works
75fps - test-app: works - tbeta: works
100fps - test-app: works - tbeta: works
125fps - test-app: works - tbeta: works
15fps - test-app: works - tbeta: crashes*
30fps - test-app: works - tbeta: crashes*
40fps - test-app: works - tbeta: crashes*
50fps - test-app: works - tbeta: crashes*
60fps - test-app: works - tbeta: crashes*
75fps - test-app: works - tbeta: crashes*
1. no start/stopping needed with the test-app this time…
2. it is certainly a bug in tbeta which is NOT related to the framerate but the resolution
3. There are no id’s in the tracking image and the info-text in the lower right corner doesn’t show up (toggling the button doesn’t change anything; 320x240 is fine)
4. It just crashes, when there are to big white areas in the tracking image. At last I think so, it doesn’t crash, when there are just many but small white dots… If I press B (to remove background) and don’t change anything or just less (like waving my fingers or rotate the camera one degree) tbeta runs fine. But as soon as there’s to much/big/complicated/(I really don’t know EXACTLY what it is) blobs, tbeta CRASHES. (I think that’s the first time, I can kill a program on purpose just by waving my hands or turn the light on or off ).
When i turn of the highpass filter, things get interesting: With highpass turned off, tbeta crashes much less (but still sometimes...), i can turn on amplification, create many/big blobs ALMOST without crash. When I turn highpass back on, tbeta remains “stable”. It looks like playing with the filters (switching them and varying parameters) helps to keep tbeta running, but it doesn’t fix the problem. I haven’t reported any crashes with a very hight threshold yet.
5. It gets even stranger: I just noticed, when (and only then) I put a black sheet or something similar over the lenses (so that the camera receives NO light and the image shows just black with much noise), theres also a text-noise in the lower right corner (where’s in VGA mode usually nothing). I just notice different characters flickering all over this corner and i believe the intensity even climbs when theres more noise… It’s hard to capture the text because there appears to be a lot of frames which show no text (only in this corner). I can’t exactly tell which glyphs are displayed; I think there are just small “s” and “boxes” (see attachment).
... I hope it’s understandable what I tried to explain, if not aks
Besides, thanks a lot for all the work you guys do with tbeta and the ps3eye-driver!
EDIT: screenshot added
Click thumbnail to see full-size image