13 of 13
Windows 7: WM_TOUCH to TUIO interface (Dell XT, HP TX2, Lenovo X200, etc. running NUI Group multitouch apps)…
Posted: 01 June 2010 04:32 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 181 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-01-28
Total Posts:  8

@joukev:
are you planning to release the sourcecode or to implement a configurable client-ip connection? The reason I ask is that a configurable ip-address of the client-app consuming TUIO-messages (like in CCV’s config.xml) would provide much more flexibility. That would enable the MT-capable tablet to serve as input device for development if the target MT-table is not available all the time, for example. In general, the client app would not need to be running on the MT-input device neccessarily.
What do you thhink?

Posted: 22 July 2010 07:46 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 182 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-20
Total Posts:  1

W2TUIO’s window is white instead of transparent!
I’m experiencing something related to vitim’s and bamalam’s reported problems: W2TUIO was working great for me for a few days, on Windows 7 with nVidia video driver and a 3M Multitouch Developer Kit (a 19-inch, 1440x900 pixel monitor that detects up to 10 fingers http://www.3m.com/multitouch ).  I had been planning to use W2TUIO within a course for students to learn multitouch development.  W2TUIO’s window was full screen and transparent.  Then it suddenly stopped working.  As I recall, I didn’t even log out of Windows; it was working at the start of the session, and then after recompiling my TUIO client code and re-running W2TUIO, W2TUIO appeared with a full-screen WHITE opaque window, not transparent as it had been before.  I hadn’t installed any updates to Windows or changed the configuration of Windows (though Windows might have changed something for me automatically behind the scenes, for all I know).  Rebooting and trying again didn’t solve the problem.

Because of this problem I have moved to using a part of MT4J ( http://www.mt4j.org/ ) to read multitouch input events in Java and am not using TUIO for now.

Posted: 23 July 2010 08:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 183 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-07-23

Hi, I met the same problem with vitim’s and bamalam’s , the window seem to be white instead of transparent. I am using windows 7 , and I have tried java 1.5 and 1.6, but still met the problem. Anyone could help me? Thanks.

Posted: 17 August 2010 06:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 184 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-12
Total Posts:  5

hi im alex, new member (^_^). i have bought a packard bell viseo 200t. somebody told me that this screen is alow to have 2 multitouch events. i would like to use with the mmf framework by mathieu chamagne.

how is the process??

install first the w2tuio? and then i can use with the framework? basicaly its to use max msp with this 2 multitouch events.

anyone can help me??

thanxx for all!!!

Posted: 29 August 2010 10:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 185 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-08-06
Total Posts:  2

Hello,joukev
I have a problem. It’s said “TUIO Socket Not Found ... Host - localhost Port - 3000” .Why?
Don’t I run Flos? And where is Flos?
I found FlsahOSC.jar in touchlib_beta_v2.0. But I cannot run it.
Thank you very much.

Posted: 20 September 2010 02:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 186 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-09-17

is there any chance to use w2tuio in background?

Posted: 28 November 2010 02:47 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 187 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-22

Hi all,

I got a HP TouchSmart TX2-1325AU multitouch tablet and i tried to run some multitouch app like the Wong, Piana, Fire on it. My Wong game cannot be played - when i use my 2 fingers to touch the screen it doesnt draw a line to bounce back the ball.

Then i browse through the forum i realized i need the W2TUIO which i installed as well. Then i tried again to run the same Wong app.

It doesnt work as expected as well. I know this app is using the touchlib and TUIO protocol. Is there a way to run Wong on my HP TouchSmart TX2 ?

On the other hand, i tried to run some AIR application and i can do the pinching of images smoothly without installing W2TUIO or TouchsmartTUIO-1.0b1.

Please help...thanks guys…

Posted: 11 May 2011 12:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 188 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-05-08
Total Posts:  7

hello, everybody to all intents does not be sure or bear in mind me, but I retain you ... 
I’m with you and I desire that now undergo a true family. So point it all later to plead and on request what next ... 
regards

Posted: 26 November 2011 02:00 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 189 ]
Rank
Joined  2011-11-23
Total Posts:  5

I got the flash tuio clients working - found standalone players in the mtmultitouch package (so I answered my own question number 1). All run pretty well, although my transparent window solution seems to interfere with flash redraws - resulting in weird grey blocks.  Make sure to have some MT client applications that run with TUIO. I will attach a zip archive of the standard flash demos+ FLOSC app. in one subsequent post.

Posted: 16 February 2013 05:16 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 190 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-14

I will see, if I can make this work on an Acer Iconia Tab with Win7.
If it works, it would help me a lot, because then I can develop directly on the tablet and don’t have to use an Android one.

Posted: 18 February 2013 06:17 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 191 ]
Rank
Joined  2013-02-14

I am working with an Acer Iconia Tab running win 7. I would like to get the windows touch events into Processing via TUIO. I somewhat managed to make it work; the touch events get into Processing, but for this to happen the W2TUIO window has to be on top. Any idea how to make it work with the Processing window being on top?

I hope that someone is still answering in those age old threads wink

13 of 13