2 of 4
Comparison of 6 rear-projection films
Posted: 08 March 2009 09:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 16 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-05-20
Total Posts:  219

How about screen goo guys? Mind doing a test on that as well?

Posted: 08 March 2009 02:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 17 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-20
Total Posts:  34

does screen goo adhere to glass? i don’t generally think of glass as a “paintable” surface, but i haven’t really tried.

i’d imagine it would work with acrylic, but glass.... ?

Signature 

Santa Cruz Interactive Multi-touch Platform

Posted: 08 March 2009 03:12 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 18 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-04
Total Posts:  565
Elite

You can paint on glass.  Using spray paints, acrylic paints, oil based, emulsions etc.  However if the glass is not completely free of grease the paint will easily come off if scratched.  So if protected i see no reason why you couldn’t paint a screen surface onto glass

Signature 

}---)))@

V JAY!  http://www.v-lux.net LASER tut http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/6407/

Architectural Technician and Building Surveys

http://www.jpgainsfordassociates.com

Posted: 14 March 2009 10:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 19 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

So I got some samples and I thought Id share the tiny test I did.
Tests were using the following:

Digiline Contrast
http://www.ifoha-klebefolien.com/en/special-films/projection-films/projection-film-digiline-contrast/
229,90 EUR / qm (custom pre-cut sizes upon order, max size 120x300cm)
Ships from Germany

ICE Dupix
ICE AV Technology Ltd
http://www.iceav.co.nz/product.asp?ProductID=144
Polymer foil, adhesive backing or non adhesive available.
30m x 1.6m - $US12,525
10m x 1.6m - $US5,066.00
1m x 1.6m - $US726
Thread Link: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewreply/26121/

Both samples had adhesive backs which I stuck to my Endlighten acrylic and put my projector below it.  Below are some pictures.  My projector is very bright (2500 lum).  The discoloration seen in the Digiline in the left side of the first picture is due to air bubbles under the screen which wouldnt be there if properly applied with a spray bottle.  The Digiline Contrast is on the LEFT side of the picture and the ICE Dupix is on the RIGHT side of the picture:

th_IMG_1544.jpgth_IMG_1545.jpgth_IMG_1543.jpgth_IMG_1546.jpg

Both materials did a great job.  The Digiline stuff has small particles in it that are noticeable only if you get really close to the screen, whereas the ICE Dupix stuff looked great from every angle and distance.  Both of them produced amazing images no matter what angle to the screen that I was at.  The last picture is literally my camera sitting on the screen and since it can focus really close, it recorded the different makeup of the screen material really well.  The black stuff in the Digiline stuff isnt bad from normal viewing distance and gives it almost a canvas kinda looking texture.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 30 March 2009 11:59 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 20 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-16
Total Posts:  46

Parker and Peau, Could we get some samples of how well they diffuse IR light? What would be best for a DI setup? I’ve heard this is where Rosco excels, but I don’t really know.

Signature 

My ~ Apps

Posted: 30 March 2009 05:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 21 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Ive put up a summary page on my website that collects the information of mine and Parker’s tests on one page:  http://www.peauproductions.com/diff.html

As for you question Edge:
Hmm IR diffusing.  In a DI setup it is usually better to have the IR light be diffused before it hits the projection layer so that you dont have IR hotspots.  Popular ways to do this is to bounce the IR light off the bottom or sides of your enclosure.  As for the material diffusing the IR light I dont know.

Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 01 April 2009 11:40 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 22 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-16

Yeah my lights already diffused quite well (bouncing off the walls + some foil works great!), but don’t certain films let more IR through than others?
But anyway, I got another question, that ICE Dupix looks pretty good and since they cut it to size I might get some, do you use it on the touch sensitive side? If you do, do your hands glide easily on it?
BTW, which of the two did you end up using PP?

Signature 

My ~ Apps

Posted: 01 April 2009 12:37 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 23 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

Edge For DI Rosco is’nt the greatest but frankly it depends on where you place rosco (i.e. above or below the acrylic/glass)… But as peau suggested you should try to diffuse IR before it hits the projection layer since rosco is meant diffusion it can do the job decently. But what i would recommend is that you use Lee Filter 273 Soft Silver Reflector to diffuse your IR, i would line the inner walls with this stuff and use it to diffuse IR light this is a hidden secret on the forums, i’ve also posted a rosco equivalent in a thread somewhere as well just search for Lee Filter to Rosco Equivalent.

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube

Posted: 01 April 2009 02:45 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 24 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-06-16

I think you missed my last post, I’ve got my light diffused very well (indeed, the wall trick really is key, I found the back of aluminum foil works really well also) but I was just thinking with different films the blobs might become brighter. Since my problem is more of a hovering problem with tBeta being indecisive about certain blobs which cause’s finger id’s start climbing very fast (very noticeable while calibrating when the marker suddenly jumps several points). I figure with better contrast it might help.

Signature 

My ~ Apps

Posted: 13 April 2009 07:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 25 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-13
Total Posts:  2

I am interested in using the tinkerman method for ftir rear projection, but am unsure about about how the adhesive on the Digiline Contrast will react to the silicone or could one just leave the clear “protection film” on and apply the silicone to this.  Any ideas?  I have the funding to use a great material like this but am hoping to avoid a strange ambering down the road or some other reaction that basically nullifys the extra expense over vellum.

Posted: 28 November 2009 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 26 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-24
Total Posts:  13

Did you ever get the holodisplay samples? I am a holodisplay reseller and a spyeglass reseller and i have samples of most of the products if you need em. they are small but should do the trick. I can also get anyone pricing that is just above dealer if you want. feel free to pm me.

Posted: 23 December 2009 07:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 27 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-23
Total Posts:  7

I have been using films from Screen Solutions but haven’t seen them mentioned here at all… I like everyone else looked around forever and these guys have good stuff I have samples of all three types they offer and am building around their accent film now

I bought from a online reseller but am going to try and become a dealer because I Talked to a sales guy and he said theres a good discount for dealers and you can buy almost any size rolls or cut sizes

anywho thought i would share

Posted: 16 February 2010 12:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 28 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-10-24
Total Posts:  15

Our Ultra XC Product has been used by 3 multitouch table manufacturers - who have said its one of the best for non hotspotting, IR pass thru and price

We will let any NUI Group memberin the UK & EIRE purchase a 1 off 50” (623 x 1107mm) for 359GBP + Shipping - Please note this a 1 per member price
if you need bigger please get in touch.

We have a worldwide network of dealers if you want to locate in your country - feel free to email or PM me

Geof

Signature 

Vueinti interactive displays
http://www.vueinti.com

Posted: 16 February 2010 12:28 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 29 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-11-09
Total Posts:  489

can you show more pictures? or maybe videos ? that would be great!!

Signature 

My DSI Project:

DSI Table
Proj.Surface: 7D006 on top
2x PS3 Camera from Peau with 850BF & 3.6mm lense
Endlightend XXL (10mm)with 850nm LED strip

Projector: SANYO DWL100 ~ 950€

PC:
Core i5, 8GB Ram, HD5850

Posted: 16 February 2010 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 30 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-23
Total Posts:  7

Group members,
$563.56 is a bit steep for this product I can get this for considerably cheaper and not just only one

If your interersted PM me.. this is just a bit steep

Best,

2 of 4