after reading through many, many threads in this forum and researching for hours and days in the web, I decided to build the mmt for my diploma (more infos here) with the DSI technology as a coffee table.
Facts (Updated 05/05/2009):
- Height: 50 cm (~ 19,7 inch), Width: 120 cm (~ 47,2 inch), Depth: 82 cm (~ 32,3 inch)
- Visible area of the EndLighten: Width: 100 cm (~ 39,4 inch), Depth: 62,5 cm (~ 24,6 inch), Diagonal: 117,9 cm (~ 46,4 inch)
- LEDs: Osram SFH-485P
- Acryl: PLEXIGLAS® EndLighten XL 8 mm, Width: 110 cm (~ 43,3 inch), Depth: 72,5 cm (~ 28,5 inch) for a 16:10 picture
- Protection/Projection Surface: PLEXIGLAS® 7D006
- Cam: Sony PS3Eye
- Projector: Toshiba TDP-EW25EU
Now I’m still looking for helpful hints from someone, who has already build a similar table. Maybe Pleh or PeauProductions?
I think the central problem is to find a suitable DLP beamer (makes more sense in this case than lcd, right?) for 500-750 €.
Is it generally possible to get a good picture on a 100 x 62,5 cm (16:10) surface (visible area) with a height of maximum 50 cm for the table? I know, that I’ll have to use one or more mirrors.
What about the PS3Eye? How can it capture a 16:10 picture? What else do I need?
I’m sorry for my many newbie-questions, but because english isn’t my mother tongue, it’s sometimes a bit hard to follow your very technical discussions
Besides I haven’t found much projects similar to mine, which are going ahead, except PeauProductions table, which is seems to be very similar.
I don’t even know, if my ideas generally make sense.
I would appreciate if some of you experts can give me the necessary impulses, to push me in the right directions
P.S. I haven’t ordered any components yet except the Cam, because I’ll need it anyway.
Edit: I updated the list of materials and the measures of the table.