Ok, since I’m a fan of prototyping and a person, who has to see, how things appear in their environment, I’ve build a “rapid” prototype of my table in a couple of hours. I can recommend this approach, because you get a real impression, how your final table will look like and how it will fit into your room or whatever. I spent not more than maybe 20 Euro for the material and some time, but I think it’s worth it.
Here are some pics of the building process and the final prototype:
Keep your eyes peeled! My dirty little helper, hehe
The bottom has just been finished…
...and here’s the rest
Now the framework will get decorated
I used black construction paper for the sides and large sheets of white paper for the top.
Finished prototype in his prospective environment - part 1
Finished prototype in his prospective environment - part 2
Now I know, that my table will be large, but not too large
Moreover I spent some more hours on research and desired setup would look like this (the measurements will remain unaltered):
- Acryl: EndLighten XXL (or will XL be enough? XXL is 10 mm (~0,4 inch) and XL is 8 mm (~0,31 inch)
- Protection/Projection Layer: PLEXIGLAS 7D006
- Projector: Toshiba TDP-EW25 (as I already asked - is there any difference between TDP-EW25U (name in USA) and TDP-EW25 (name in Germany)? Maybe the “U” is for US? Dunno)
- LEDs: Osram SFH-485P (or perhabs SFH-485?)
- Camera: PS3Eye (do I really need two of it? Can’t I go the same way back throug the mirror as the projected picture?)
- Mirror: dunno yet - have to check
The remaining components I have to check like retainers for the LEDs etc.
Maybe I can get some more hints, if this setup would work?