My first MT Table - DSI/Projector
Posted: 30 June 2009 03:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12
Total Posts:  20

Hi there,

Finally, I have some components to start building my MT Table. Of course the hardest (expensive) thing was the Enlighteen. I choose a 10mm thickness. The table will be 4:3 ratio with 65cm x 49cm (81 diag)

Components of my Table:

1. Enlighteen 10mm (with 3mm protective acrylic material on top and tracing paper between them). Hope it works in the end.
2. PS3 Eye Camera - the standard lens, not so good. Maybe to buy something from Peau
3. 850nm leds from Enviromental Lights
4. Laptop - for the time being. But I would build a special miniatx pc for the table
5. Projector - Panasonic PT-LB10VE - not used right now.
6. Wood case (not build yet)
6. Of Course CCV

And the tool used to CUT the acrylic (see picture). Hard job. And even harder to polish the edges.

Until now I made the test only with the blobs, as you can see in the video attached. And this after I removed the IR Filter. No visible light filter was inserted because with the floppy disk material the blobs disappear. So fade, that is impossible by CCV to be captured with any settings I try.

I would try with some developed films layer. You have some pictures, right now I’m planning to build the case (wood), and I hope until next week to have something more than a Plexiglas over 2 chairs smile
Cheers,
Florin

ps. it seams that, the video don’t want to be attached. maybe later.

Image Attachments
DSCN2319.JPGDSCN2317.JPGDSCN2321.JPGDSCN2376.JPG

Posted: 30 June 2009 04:58 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12

So, I put the movie on my server. Here is not possible because some size limit. Even if I converted it to 3 MB

The movie was made on night time (no lights in the room) because as I said, don’t have yet a good visbile light filter.

http://www.anke.ro/mt/movie.wmv

Posted: 30 June 2009 05:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-11
Total Posts:  246

Nice blobs grin

Good luck for your further work and keep us informed!

Signature 

My multi-touch DSI coffee-table
Touch it! - Just another multi-touch-blog

Posted: 30 June 2009 07:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-05
Total Posts:  335

Hey ace,
Did you try the blobs with the tracing paper and the acrylic on top of the Endlighten?
Greg

Posted: 30 June 2009 07:30 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12
Gregi - 30 June 2009 07:22 AM

Hey ace,
Did you try the blobs with the tracing paper and the acrylic on top of the Endlighten?
Greg

Not yet. I need to go and buy this stuff these days.
I tough to prepare the “surface” after I have the case because right now I don’t know how to fix the layers together to stay fixed.

More to come anyway.. smile

Posted: 01 July 2009 12:22 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12

I began to make the design of the case, this is a quick sketch, didn’t have to much time to make it better, maybe on the weekend I will finish the design, because I need to start searching for materials. And of course to decide on the size of the box. I think here I have a problem. Right now, I’m using the normal lens from ps3 eye. Because I want to use this camera for the time being I don’t know how big to make the case. And not to be very big when I put the wide lens. I thought to make it 75 cm height.
Maybe first I make the case from cardboard like a model or something.

Video of the table: http://www.anke.ro/mt/table.wmv

keep in touch.

Image Attachments
2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg6.jpg

Posted: 01 July 2009 02:04 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2007-12-05
Total Posts:  335

Hi ace,
Nice model! In what software do you make your models?
Cardboard prototype is a good idea because the lens thing can get tricky. I ordered my lenses from here and I calculated with the FOV given in the technical sheet, but it turned out that real FOV was a bit narrower.

Greg

Posted: 01 July 2009 02:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12
Gregi - 01 July 2009 02:04 AM

Hi ace,
Nice model! In what software do you make your models?
Cardboard prototype is a good idea because the lens thing can get tricky. I ordered my lenses from here and I calculated with the FOV given in the technical sheet, but it turned out that real FOV was a bit narrower.

Greg

Well, the software was 3dsmax. Many years ago I worked in post-production in television. I still have a hobby regarding animation, and in the first phase I did the model on paper, after that I decided to go with Photoshop, but I ended in 3dsmax. I’m just upset because I don’t have the time do make it like I wanted. But I would improve the model adding more element for the case and of course, all the hardware pieces, like pc, webcam, projector, etc…

I know the webcam can be a tricky thing. So, I would try to make a cardboard prototype. And maybe some kind of metal piece to adjust the position of the webcam with some 5-6 cm up and down.

Keep in touch.

Posted: 01 July 2009 11:44 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-11
Total Posts:  246
ace master - 01 July 2009 02:21 AM

So, I would try to make a cardboard prototype.

A prototype is a very good idea.
I also made one before building the final table and it helped me a lot!

Signature 

My multi-touch DSI coffee-table
Touch it! - Just another multi-touch-blog

Posted: 01 July 2009 02:49 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-11-24
Total Posts:  109

Guau!!

I love your MT Table video!!

I´ve tried search 3dsmax and I didn´t find it. Is this SW free? Where could I get it?

Thank you and good luck!

Signature 

My MT Table is finished! Now I´m making a good guide to build a good MT device

Posted: 02 July 2009 12:05 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2008-11-12
Juan Francisco - 01 July 2009 02:49 PM

Guau!!

I love your MT Table video!!

I´ve tried search 3dsmax and I didn´t find it. Is this SW free? Where could I get it?

Thank you and good luck!

thanks. Unfortunatly you don’t know what I cand do if I had the time to do it. We have 3dsmax in a department in our company that using it for advertising. You can try a demo version, I think, from here: http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/mform?siteID=123112&id=10083915

good luck.

Keep in touch.