Australian Laser import regulations
Posted: 17 July 2009 07:07 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-13
Total Posts:  188

Has anyone from Australia bought IR lasers from aixiz? Do you know if it is they can ship 10mw 850nm lasers into Australia? Id like to know if anyone has bought from them without any problems so i dont end up wasting up to $100 on lasers which are picked up by customs.

Posted: 17 July 2009 12:15 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-02-12
Total Posts:  1120

Yo ure from Australia damn where are you located? I’m from Sydney, living in Toronto, Canada for the moment. Contact Fairlane he has a bit of experience getting lasers. From what i know in Aus you can’t import a laser above 5mW without a license.

Signature 

Company Website - Knode Research and Development
My Youtube

Posted: 17 July 2009 05:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-01-04
Total Posts:  676

Hey ClerckWithKnife, Like Taha said I’ve got a few lasers from Aixiz. I bought 4 x 780nm 10mW Laser Modules one time, and 2 x 980nm 10mW 3.2VDC 12x30mm Laser Modules another time. They all came fine.
Didn’t pay too much attention to regulations when I ordered, and I received everything I ordered.

Oh and I’m from Melbourne… Living in Melbourne tongue wink

Signature 

Get Sparked at sparkon.net
ORION Multi-Touch Display (blog)
My YouTube

Posted: 18 July 2009 04:14 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-03-13
Total Posts:  188

thanks for the info fairlane, i think ill try ordering 4 850nm 5mw lasers for my 19” screen, anything above that is overkill and ill use 4 5mw lasers rather than 2 10mw ones to reduce the chance of occclusion and to make a ring of reflected light appear around the entire touch point, not just 2 sides. This is important becuase I am making a flat sensor setup (details here: http://nuigroup.com/forums/viewthread/6354/ ) so its important that the sensors around the touch point recieve equal ammounts of light for succesful interpolation. Oh, and to play it safe with customs but thats not my main concern.
I’m from Adelaide btw

Posted: 22 July 2010 08:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2010-04-24
Total Posts:  5

I’ve just ordered 6 780nm 20mW lasers 3 days ago now, and I haven’t heard anything yet. Technically, we should be fine importing these as the Aussie laws are only applicable to laser pointers, ie: contain a battery compartment and are portable ( quote customs info ), but just to be on the safe side I ordered with PS3 Eye components from Peau Productions as well. Did anyone else here have any troubles?