Endlighten in CT/NYC - Group Buy?
Posted: 30 July 2009 03:25 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-24
Total Posts:  10

I found a local reseller of Endlighten here in CT that they offer a 49"x97" 10mm for $450 the guy quoted me. I only need a 33"x25 piece. Anyone in the area possibly interested/ is this a good deal? There is another local seller here that is trying to convince me to buy some edgelit acrylic because she says it is equivalent but i did a quick search on the forums and didn’t see anything about it. She is sending me a data sheet and some pricing for me soon. Let me know if anyone is interested.

*edit* i got a “data sheet” for the arkema edge lit acrylic that a plastic supplier told me is equivalent to Endlighten. I am trying to get a sample of it to see how well it works. Data Sheet

Posted: 30 July 2009 03:53 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-19
Total Posts:  40

Hey,

Where’d you get the quote from? This deal seems to be unbelievably good. That’s about 9 cents a square inch instead of the usual $0.15 or higher. Also, what’s the vendor? I called SO MANY places in CT and none had heard of it.

Eventually I called the manufacturer, Cyro, and they recommended the place I’m going through in Long Island.

I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s a massive inbound shipping charge and a very long wait time because that seems like such an amazing deal. I just ordered a 120x90 XL 8mm sheet from a place in Long Island and I’m going to be driving some of it into CT. I actually had you down on my list but then I didn’t PM you any updates for some mysterious reason. So if you’re still interested, PM me. It’s already ordered and they said it’d take two weeks or so. I could bring it to you around August 24th or you could drive to Long Island and pick it up or it could be shipped.

But if you’re not interested, it certainly looks like you found a great deal.

Eli

Posted: 30 July 2009 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-24
Total Posts:  10

I actually got the quote from Sabic Polymershapes i believe. He referred me to a company called Laird Plastics to see if they could get me a cut to order piece. They are the ones trying to tell me that Arkema Edgelit is an equivalent to Endlighten. I am still waiting on the datasheet for it and some pricing. I might just try and get a sample piece from them. Maybe send it to Peau for him to test because i didn’t see it in his big list of different Acrylics on his site. I might just order the whole sheet of endlighten for $450 and hope some people want to buy some off me.

Eli- I will keep you posted on this deal because i might still take you up on the offer for the 8mm. Last i had heard from you was that you were getting 6mm.

Posted: 30 July 2009 04:04 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-04-19
Total Posts:  40

Darn, I must have forgotten to include you on the lasted message. Now I have a list, though, so I’m organized.