FiducialTuioAS3: onRemove / onAdd
Posted: 06 August 2009 10:00 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-02
Total Posts:  7

Hey folks,

i’m using FiducialTuioAS3 and TuioSimulator. My program adds Movieclips to the stage, when there is a fiducial added. Without doing anything TuioSimulator suddenly sends “fiducial removed” and the next frame “fiducial added”. The AS3-framework-class “TestFiducialHandler” therefore calls the methods “onRemove” an “onAdd”. My MovieClips are flickering/flashing!!

Any idea how to fix this problem? Should i integrate a Timer-Klass or fix the TuioSimulator-Problem? Will the information flow from ReacTiVision->Flash be the same??

THANKS,
Johannes

Posted: 06 August 2009 03:52 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-14
Total Posts:  154

hi johannes,
yes, there is a problem with the newest version of the TUIOSimulator (currently version 1.4) with fiducialtuioas3. however, this problem does not appear when using reacTIVision on the table. For testing purposes I would recommend an older version of the simulator. i’ve used the attached one and everything works fine. it is also version 1.4 but an earlier one.

cheers,
johannes

File Attachments
TuioSimulator_1.4.zip  (File Size: 74KB - Downloads: 427)
 Signature 

Posted: 06 August 2009 03:59 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-02-02
Total Posts:  7

Thanks, Johannes!

All bugs are fixed.

Posted: 08 August 2009 07:33 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

I checked this stuff out once again and it seems like the newest TUIOSimulator does not send any TUIO alive messages anymore while fiducials or touches presist on its surface but are not being moved.

I don’t know if this is a feature (i.e. maybe in the newest TUIO standard alive messages have been declared obsolete and thus skipped in the simulator) or it’s a bug of the simulator. Just use the TUIOSimulator above and everything will work nicely.

However, reacTIVision still does send alive messages around every 60 ms. So everything will work nicely with reacTIVision.

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2009 12:05 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRank
Joined  2008-02-14

alright,
now i know why things did not work with the newest TUIOSimulator: alive messages are switched off by default.
to enable them just choose ‘Periodic Messages’ from the Options menu.

thanks, Martin Kaltenbrunner!

Signature 

Posted: 08 August 2009 12:21 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-06-16
Total Posts:  330

Alive messages are an integral part of the TUIO protocol structure, each TUIO OSC bundle needs to contain an alive message.

What you are referring to are redundant periodic updates of unchanged objects which CAN be implemented in TUIO,
but there is no compulsory need for that. Therefore a TUIO client needs to be able to deal with redundant updates,
but should not explicitly rely on them.

So your implementation shouldnt remove any objects until it receives an explicit new alive message, which does not contain that specific ID.
Not receiving anything, therefore means that the setup remains unchanged.

reacTIVision and the TUIO Simulator send a periodic update every second just to indicate that the tracker is still available,
and to correct eventually lost packets in between.

ciao,
Martin.K

Signature 

TUIO community site: http://www.tuio.org
reacTIVision framework: http://reactivision.sf.net
TUIO & reacTIVision CVS: http://sf.net/projects/reactivision
reacTIVision forum: http://sf.net/apps/phpbb/reactivision