3 of 6
>>> The PS3Eye Multicam Driver is here!!! <<<
Posted: 15 September 2009 06:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 31 ]
RankRank
Joined  2007-06-06
Total Posts:  139

Just FYI, I tried with 3 cams and it didn’t work. I tried just modifying the config file, but the app only detected two cameras.

Signature 

- Miketavius

Posted: 19 September 2009 05:36 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 32 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-19
Total Posts:  4

I want to share here a “basic dual camera framework” setup, how it can be used, I have just drawn it on a paper using a pen and took a camera snapshot using the PS3Eye camera.

What you should be able to see on this picture are:

1.  cam1 with a static (x,y,z) location in 3D space, e.g. we can define the lens position of cam1 as (0,0,0) or as the reference point in 3D space. We would place cam1 on the right side of the human on a long(er) table.
2.  cam2 with a static (x,y,z) location in 3D space, which is placed just above the head of the human or somewhere between the computer display and the humans chair where she should sit normally.
3.  four corners of the computer display which are also static in 3D space.
4.  humans single hand (in future maybe even supporting two human hands simultaneously) with 6 (x,y,z) locations as a function of time. For the numbering of the fingers I used the piano finger numbering style ranging from 1 to 5 and the number 0 is used for the root of the hand.

If now a system would be able to take those six static locations (cam1, cam2, 4 corners of the screen) and in real-time the six dynamic locations of a single human hand we should be able to develop many input possibilities.

Additionally even periodic movements of the human head and the human upper body could be used e.g. for synchronizing purposes, e.g. to control the tempo or bpm of a song or rhythm or beat.

Image Attachments
Dual Camera Framework.jpg

Posted: 25 September 2009 09:08 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 33 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-09-25
Total Posts:  1

Hey all,

just joined the portal.

The stitching is really interesting and i really want to try it for a small project. I don’t have any programming skills....unfortunately. (but eager to learn little by little)

Okay here is it in short: I have 2 PS3 eye cams infront of me. Is there any step by step toturial of how i get the two cameras stitched together with the drivers?

Do i have to install the basic driver first and than include the multiple cam driver or how does that work??

(I think Alex also works on a (setup.exe)version for the multicam option)

I than need to capture it with a face detection software that generally connects with any directshow video source. 

(video example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx6nR4Jsg1Q)

I am happy about any advice on this!

If you are interested in trying it for your self to get it run, i can send you the demo version (~15mb)…
It’s really exciting… I asked a lot of companies that offer directshow cameras if this is possible but no one had a solution to stitch frames!

Also those self made multitouch tables etc. its awesome, i like it!

Many Thanks in advance to you all!

Posted: 26 September 2009 10:34 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 34 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05
Total Posts:  461

I am a little confused, can i just take that RAR file, unrar it, install the driver and open up CCV and be able to use this with CCV? is there something i have to define somewhere?
For example do i have to define somewhere what areas capture what? also how do i define the FPS, can i just go to the config.xml file in CCV and just put in the FPS and it will apply to Both cameras?

Posted: 26 September 2009 06:27 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 35 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
Total Posts:  342
johnnyjinx - 25 September 2009 09:08 AM

Hey all,

just joined the portal.

The stitching is really interesting and i really want to try it for a small project. I don’t have any programming skills....unfortunately. (but eager to learn little by little)

Okay here is it in short: I have 2 PS3 eye cams infront of me. Is there any step by step toturial of how i get the two cameras stitched together with the drivers?

Do i have to install the basic driver first and than include the multiple cam driver or how does that work??

(I think Alex also works on a (setup.exe)version for the multicam option)

I than need to capture it with a face detection software that generally connects with any directshow video source. 

(video example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx6nR4Jsg1Q)

I am happy about any advice on this!

If you are interested in trying it for your self to get it run, i can send you the demo version (~15mb)…
It’s really exciting… I asked a lot of companies that offer directshow cameras if this is possible but no one had a solution to stitch frames!

Also those self made multitouch tables etc. its awesome, i like it!

Many Thanks in advance to you all!

Hi Johnny,

You are right, I am working on the multi cam setup file that will install all the components needed for PS3Eye multicam to run.
Currently I don’t have DirectShow version of multicam driver so your software (without necessary modifications) will not work with the PS3Eye multicam driver. If you have the face tracking software source code this will be trivial to add. I’ll be happy to walk you through this process.

~Alex

Signature 

Computing is not about computers any more.  It is about living!

Code Laboratories
CL Studio Live - Video like never before
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 26 September 2009 06:30 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 36 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
miketavius - 15 September 2009 06:23 PM

Just FYI, I tried with 3 cams and it didn’t work. I tried just modifying the config file, but the app only detected two cameras.

Currently there are only two cameras enabled, ie. the driver is free for use with up to two PS3Eye cameras.

~Alex

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 29 September 2009 06:24 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 37 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
RoZzER11 - 29 September 2009 12:59 AM

But no other programs recognise it as a working webcam yet right?

This driver is not intended to be used as a webcam. It is made to be used for computer vision and multitouch (blob tracking) applications.
This is why I didn’t make any DirectShow bindings.

Alex

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 29 September 2009 11:25 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 38 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05

So quick questions, just want to understand if i understand this correct
1. the RAR file, is there any compiling needed?
2. will this work with tbeta in such as it will detect two cameras?
3. is an additional software still needed to get multi camera support?
4. Does anything need to be edited in tbeta (ccv) like the config.xml or any of the drivers files, to make this work?

Thanks in advance

Posted: 01 October 2009 05:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 39 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-25
Total Posts:  18

Hi AlexP and other posters/viewers…

For a while now I’ve been following NUI group forums and I’m really impressed with the work you guys do and give back to the community. I’m hoping to build my own MT project someday with the knowledge I gathered here.

As for this multicam driver and the fact that I came to this post after a whole lot of surfing: Can someone point me to a site / page or explain to me why this is interesting for MT projects? Apart from the fact that I can really appreciate AlexPs efforts and success just by reading this, I’d also like to know what the purpose of this driver is.

Thanks for the info!

Regards,

Kees.

Posted: 03 October 2009 03:26 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 40 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08

@cityguru
@kosmolog

I finally found some spare time to revisit the PS3Eye multicam for tbeta/ccv implementation.
After adding the necessary code changes/fixes I made a preliminary version of tbeta/ccv that feature high resolution (1280x480), high performance (up to 60fps) fully configurable multicam support.
Release coming soon. Please stay tuned.

~Alex

UPDATE: The new tbeta/ccv pre-release is out and features PS3Eye multicam. Go and test it…

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 03 October 2009 11:23 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 41 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2008-09-12
Total Posts:  2225
Dedicated

Got the following error trying to run ccv 1.3, with either one or two cameras plugged in with all default settings from downloaded zip.
ccv 1.2 works, 1.3 gives error

Image Attachments
untitled.bmp
 Signature 

MT Website - A Collection of the Most Relevant Multitouch Info From These Forums
Multitouch Blog
Multitouch Parts Store - Buy Infrared Touch Frames (No Camera Needed!), Complete Modified Cameras and DIY Upgrade Kits, m12/CS Mounts, m12/CS Lenses, Infrared Lasers, LEDs, etc

Posted: 04 October 2009 03:36 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 42 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
PeauProductions - 03 October 2009 11:23 PM

Got the following error trying to run ccv 1.3, with either one or two cameras plugged in with all default settings from downloaded zip.
ccv 1.2 works, 1.3 gives error

Does the Multicam test app run fine? The ccv 1.3 was compiled with VS2008 SP1 (v9). Are you missing any ms dlls?
Try installing Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable.
What is the OS version you’re running? What is the framerate/resolution in the ccv config file set to?

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

Posted: 04 October 2009 10:08 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 43 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05

Alex, thanks for the info. Quick question though, now that CCV 1.3A is out and has PS3Eye multicam, does this mean i dont need to download that multicam rar file you posted? Does this mean i can continue to use your PS3 Driver executable and then just use CCV 1.3A and everything will work? or do i still need to take the contents of that RAR file and compile it or something?

Posted: 09 October 2009 04:50 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 44 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2009-05-05

Guys still a little confused… how does one proceed on a new table

Install CCV 1.3A this i got

But what about the PS3? Do i first install the standard PS3 executable? the PS3EyeSetup file v3.0.0.0901

A) Then I see a RAR file, so whats the next step? does The RAR file in this forum replace the above?

B) Do i proceed in installing the above and then unpacking the RAR files and putting them somewhere?

C) Does it mean when CCV 1.3A supports multicam ps3, does this mean i just continue to use v3.0.0.0901 EXE file and thats it?

Any help would be great

Posted: 17 October 2009 09:35 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 45 ]
RankRankRank
Joined  2008-05-08
cityguru - 09 October 2009 04:50 PM

Guys still a little confused… how does one proceed on a new table

Install CCV 1.3A this i got

But what about the PS3? Do i first install the standard PS3 executable? the PS3EyeSetup file v3.0.0.0901

A) Then I see a RAR file, so whats the next step? does The RAR file in this forum replace the above?

B) Do i proceed in installing the above and then unpacking the RAR files and putting them somewhere?

C) Does it mean when CCV 1.3A supports multicam ps3, does this mean i just continue to use v3.0.0.0901 EXE file and thats it?

Any help would be great

You would do the following:
1. Install the latest PS3Eye driver (v3.0.0.0901).
2. Download CCV 1.3a which has included multicam driver (no need to download .rar file)
3. Run CCV 1.3a and you should have multicam enabled.

~Alex

Signature 

Code Laboratories
CL Eye Platform SDK

3 of 6