Rosco Grey and PVA glue
Posted: 29 October 2009 10:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRank
Joined  2009-04-15
Total Posts:  166

While I’m waiting on some replies on how to get CCV working, I thought I’d share my results on gluing Rosco Grey…

This is for the top of the glass.  It would also be PERFECT for the underside if you so desired.

I figured - why use the Rosco if I cant ‘FEEL’ the benefit.  It’s a great touch surface - infinitely better than the sheet of glass it’s covering.

Initially I just laid the Rosco on top of the glass - it doesn’t move around once it’s down but it’s just a bit bumpy.

To get it really flat just use a rubber ‘squeedgy’ and really flatten it out. Result = FANTASTIC!!  No need for glue.

I thought about it some more and came to the conclusion I better try and glue it in place.

I decided on watered down PVA glue.  Got it really quite thin, painted it on the glass, carefully rolled the Rosco on, squeedgy like mad.

It works a lot better if you moisten the top of the Rosco with a damp cloth.  Squeedgy it maybe 10-12 times over the space of two hours to get all the air bubbles out and let dry overnight.

Result - perfectly flat surface - won’t slip around - great tactile feel - excellent image qualities…

Conclusion - would I do it again?  Probably not actually.  Squeedgying it onto the glass without the glue is more than enough.  Unless you wanted to put this on the underside of the glass I wouldn’t bother.

Also - if you’re using glass - cut the Rosco a few mm short of the edge of the glass.  It sticks MUCH better if it’s away from the very edge.