1 of 2
Multitouch TUIO Simulator
Posted: 20 September 2007 02:50 AM   [ Ignore ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

If you don’t have a table setup, or would like to test your programs without having to use your whole table (or camera), download the attachment.

This is a TUIO simulator from the makers of reactivision. This version (1.4) is from the CVS and has the ability to test multitouch input. Just use your mouse to create touches in the white space. To make a second touch point hold “shift.” This should work for most (if not all) applications that receive TUIO messages.

Thanks to nacho for compiling this.

File Attachments
TuioSimulator_1.4.zip  (File Size: 73KB - Downloads: 5171)
 Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 20 September 2007 04:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2006-11-09
Total Posts:  1499
Administrator

WOW THIS IS AWSOME!!! this will help much for devs

nacho RULZ smile

Signature 

~

Posted: 20 September 2007 04:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-31
Total Posts:  54

hahahha thanks guys,

notice all of you that wanna use it that JRE 1.6 MUST be installed. (same for FLOSC 2.0.3)

How to check java version:
open a console and type: “java -version”
then you should se something like: “java version 1.6.XXXX” where XXXX may be updates like 1.6.0_02 it’s the 1.6 update 2

Posted: 20 September 2007 06:51 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-07
Total Posts:  5

Chris will be glad that he doesn’t have to touch his table when I’m developing now! :>

This is wonderful mate! <3

Posted: 20 September 2007 12:32 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-04-08
Total Posts:  2539
Dedicated

Yeah, I think everyone should use this. I’ve been using the 1.3 version for a while with good results. This 1.4 version is much better. Hopefully there will be further development in the multitouch area before the final release of reactivision v1.4.

Signature 

MTmini, MTbiggie, & Audiotouch creator & Community Core Vision Co-founder

Follow on:
My Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Posted: 20 September 2007 04:48 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-30
Total Posts:  17

thanks mate ..

Posted: 21 September 2007 05:09 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-31

sorry guys I’ve found some little bugs on tuioSimulator, I’m sure most of you won’t notice them as you’re not using the “fseq” message. The bug affects only the /tuio/2Dcur profile. I’m checking sources and will upload here the new version as soon as it’s ready (maybe a couple of hours?? xD) and send it to reactivision guys. The problem is “fseq” messages are not properly sent in /tuio/2Dcur and not “alive” messages are resent periodically as done for /tuio/2Dobj profile.

** for those of you who wanna now why “fseq” is so important:

fseq messages let you know when a “frame” is finished and data from the next frame is being sent. Why this matters? ‘Cause all recognition stuff, movements, etc,.. SHOULD be done when a frame is finished, otherwise you could be using not updated information for a blob or over calculating some things, for example, imagine there are 3 blobs, so 3 “set” messages arrive, if every time a set message arrives you update your screen data you would refresh 3 times for a single “frame data”, and if you are calculating relationship between blobs for example when 1st set message arrives when calculate your stuff you’re using not updated data for the other two blobs! Well, I’ve tried to explain it, but as english is not my mother tongue maybe I just created you more confusion. If there’s someone still doesn’t understand let me know I’ll make an effort to explain it in plainer english.

[EDIT]
Here it is what I call the beta2 with fseq problems solved and periodically resend /tuio/2Dcur alive messages as expected from TUIO specs. It *may* have some unexpected values, as an in depth refactoring should be done to threat cursors as objects are threated, however it should still work as all previous versions.

[EDIT 2]
If having problems with this version continue reading and try the last one

File Attachments
TuioSimulator_beta2.jar  (File Size: 74KB - Downloads: 1242)

Posted: 21 September 2007 09:56 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-07
Total Posts:  5

Guys, while we have this topic up, what does the ‘set’ value flag?
This value, attribute or whatever it is (I’ve just seen it in the flash xml parsing code, and I can’t remember what it is but I think it’s a value in some level under the 2Dcur tag).

Could someone describe it to me or point me in the right direction for more info? (:

Cheers,

Erik

Posted: 21 September 2007 10:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-31

here’s the reference for the TUIO protocol: http://www.iua.upf.es/mtg/reacTable/pdfs/GW2005-KaltenBoverBencinaConstanza.pdf

however I think they made a mistake defining 2Dcur profile on pdf and should be [x y X Y m] as rotation angle has no sense (touchlib fortunately is sending x y X Y m)

The “set” command sends info about the ‘object’, so in 2Dcur profile it sends a session-id (so you can track it), x value, y value, etc,etc…

Posted: 22 September 2007 11:06 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 9 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-25
Total Posts:  36

Thanks NACHO, this is great

Posted: 08 October 2007 09:16 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 10 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-24
Total Posts:  33

hi guys,

tried using the TUIO simulator, on the Flash Photo App.

Can see a visible round cursor on the App.

Just wondering, why the photos are not moving?

Posted: 09 October 2007 11:34 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 11 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-02
Total Posts:  10

Amazing

Posted: 10 October 2007 01:21 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 12 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2007-01-08
Total Posts:  1008

just downloaded and used it, very nice useful piece of software, thanks nacho and cat for posting

Posted: 16 October 2007 05:54 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 13 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-10-03
Total Posts:  8

hi, I still have problem with TuioSimulator_beta2.jar - points are blinking - that means, you are simulating simultaneous touch using simulator, but the point is dying and starting after about 4s period. Is this a bug or can I somehow change this period or get rid of it?

Thanks

Posted: 01 February 2008 03:17 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 14 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-07-28
Total Posts:  35

if we don’t move the cursor, it means we have a finger that is stoped, but it why does it remove? istead of update the still blob made by the cursor?

Posted: 01 February 2008 04:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 15 ]
Rank
Joined  2007-08-31

hi smile
as I cannot guarantee if the version I’ve got in my computer differs from that one in this post (and it should) I’m attaching the last one I have(last modified 21 September). For me seems everything OK, not flickering on 2dCur neither for 2dObj. I hope this version helps you.

Sorry for long delay of news. I’m organizing myself to continue on contributing with this community and hope soon there’ll be some better versions for Flosc and TuioSimulator. smile

File Attachments
TuioSimulator_.jar  (File Size: 74KB - Downloads: 1702)

1 of 2