New Patch for PS3 Eye in Linux
Posted: 08 November 2009 06:49 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-08
Total Posts:  6

http://bear24rw.blogspot.com/2009/11/ps3-eye-driver-patch.html

Adds a lot more control over the image attributes, enjoy.

Posted: 09 November 2009 09:27 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-24
Total Posts:  27

Great stuff bear24rw, i installed it. It was a bit more complicated then what you explained on your webpage as I have an earlier version of UBUNTU, but it works, and even CCV seams to be working, not perfectly but at least I get some video

Thanks for the info

Posted: 09 November 2009 10:26 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-08
Branca - 09 November 2009 09:27 AM

Great stuff bear24rw, i installed it. It was a bit more complicated then what you explained on your webpage as I have an earlier version of UBUNTU, but it works, and even CCV seams to be working, not perfectly but at least I get some video

Thanks for the info

Glad the patch worked for you. What additional/changed steps did you have to do to get it to work with you install? What version ubuntu are you running? I’m on Karmic.

Posted: 09 November 2009 10:45 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-07-24
Total Posts:  27

Im running UBUNTU 8.04, additionals were, download the latest kernel from kernel.org, modify the gspca as you said and compile, the output was gspca_main.ko which i moved to /lib/modules/2.6.24-19-generic/kernel/drivers/media/video/gspca/ and then loaded the driver. I could not make guvcview work, but VLC its working fine.
The problem with CCV is this: If you start the program on video mode ( playing back the video ) and then change it to camera… it works, if you start it on camera mode… you only see a black picture. Have you had this problem?

Posted: 09 November 2009 02:02 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-11-08
Branca - 09 November 2009 10:45 AM

Have you had this problem?

I have never tried out ccv, i’ll try it out later if i have some time.

Posted: 04 December 2009 10:40 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
Rank
Joined  2009-12-04
Total Posts:  1
bear24rw - 08 November 2009 06:49 PM

http://bear24rw.blogspot.com/2009/11/ps3-eye-driver-patch.html

Adds a lot more control over the image attributes, enjoy.

I just upgraded to Karmic from intrepid and I found my way to your blog looking for a resolution to the image corruption. I am having exact same issue as Nick over at your blog is having with 2uyk9l3.jpg.  I just wondered if your patch helps out with this problem or not or if you know where i can follow along to see if more knowledgeable people than myself have found a solution. I was using the eye perfectly with intrepid in MOTION… and I thought I had found a really good camera for the cost so I am hoping to get this fixed . Its kind of funny that I can compile a driver for intrepid to get this to work but when they try to build in support for karmic it gets all screwed up ,well at least for me, it does. Hopefully this isn’t a dead thread and somebody will see it. I am hoping to not go out and buy a camera for this to work.